What's your favorite breakfast?!

Replies

• shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    I cut up an apple and add some pumpkin pie spice - cook in microwave for 2 minutes then stir in 1/2c of plain greek yogurt. Yum!
  • PEBROJO69
    PEBROJO69 Posts: 1 Member
    One large egg in a coffee mug whiped microwaved 1 minute, add tsp shredded cheddar 30 secs microwave , put on toast if you can spare the carbs
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Poached eggs, french fries, oj, coffee
    Oatmeal, trail mix, Almond milk, banana (or other fruit)
    Wheeta Bix, milk, fruit
  • teatime256
    teatime256 Posts: 12 Member
    Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal.

1/4 cup of quick cook steel cut oats

1 TBSP Hershey's special dark cocoa

1 TBSP peanut butter

3 pkts. splenda

salt to taste

3/4 cup of water

mix all together bring to boil, simmer a couple mintes, let stand til thickened and cooled a bit, then top with a tablespoon of evaporated milk, regular milk or even sugar free vanilla creamer! Approx. 284 calories.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Chocolate Chip Muffins.....eating them now and they are amazing
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    I have fruit, with yoghurt and natural muesli parfait. Yum!
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Egg beaters cooked in Pam adding green peppers onion and tomato. Some times I add some turkey ham. 2 pieces of extra thin Pepperidge Farm wheat bread. Seem to keep me full until lunch
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Cottage cheese with pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and splenda
    2 eggs scrambled with cottage cheese mixed into sauteed spinach topped with chopped scallions
    Greek yogurt with fresh berries when they're in season
    Quest Bars
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,139 Member
    Depends, but today I'm feeling like I really need a good leek and gruyere quiche in my life.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    On weekdays I'll have low fat quark (200gr) with banana, berries, honey and walnuts, pecans or tahini.

On weekends I like to make French toast with wholewheat bread, milk, stevia and egg whites, served with fruit and cottage cheese. Or pancakes (1/3 cup ww flour, 1/3 cup milk, 1 egg white, all the other usual add ins) again with fruit. I'm a sweet breakfast lover as you can tell :wink:

If I do make a savory breakfast, I usually have a poached egg with smoked salmon on toast. Or a bun with a fried egg and ham on hangover days!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Smoked salmon and herb and garlic cream cheese on a toasted bagel, which is what I have for breakfast just about every morning. I'll also usually have this with some fruit (namely strawberries) and a coffee, or iced black tea.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Usually 2 poached eggs, a slice of wholemeal toast and some ham. And a coffee, and glass of water.
  • Summerluv326
    Summerluv326 Posts: 14 Member
    Let's keep this going everyone!!
    My favorite breakfast is 2 slices of wheat toast with a half of an avocado spread on it with a little salt and pepper! I eat it almost everyday!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Muffins and pancakes

Lately it's been boiled eggs with cheese and some fruit or veggies on the side
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Chocolate chip pancakes with either grade b maple syrup or raspberry jam w/whipped cream.

But if I have to be low cal and healthyyyyy, fine, I really like egg white mcmuffins. I make mine 165 cals each. They are high in protein, fiber, and very filling. When I can get it, I also loved smoked salmon for breakfast. I just eat it straight. I get enough salt for a month from it, but it is delicious.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    8 Grain organic whole wheat thin sliced bread (60 cal a slice) + very small amount of low fat peanut butter + cut up banana on top. Or oatmeal with cranberries and apples in it.
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    I usually eat 2 sunny side eggs, a banana, and coffee or tea.
  • pickyreverb
    pickyreverb Posts: 24 Member
    Greek yogurt w/walnuts, chopped apple and 1 tsp honey
    Kashi w/ frozen berries, 1 tsp flax seeds and almond milk
    Omelet w/ 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, sauteed tomato, oregano and goat cheese
    Toast w/ mashed avocado, pepper, and hard or soft boiled eggs
    Overnight oats (google for some topping ideas and cooking instructions)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    2 jumbo eggs cooked over easy on a slice of whole wheat panella toast, sprinkled with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper-yum! Also 1 huge cup of chai tea with stevia and almond milk.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    I am a huge savory breakfast person and eggs are a must :)

breakfast sandwiches/wrap
    - egg whites
    - morning star veggie sausage
    - high fiber English muffin/wrap
    - Sargento Ultra Thin Sharp Cheddar
    I make a bunch of these at the beginning of week and freeze them

egg "muffins"
    - egg whites
    - kale
    - tomatoes
    - onion
    saute veggies, mix with egg whites & bake in muffin tin at 350 until cooked through (10-15 minutes)

Egg Mug ("Hungry Girl" inspired)
    - egg whites
    - morning star veggie sausage
    - salsa
    place eggs & pre-microwaved veggie sausage, chopped, in coffee mug, microwave for 45 sec, stir than microwave for another 30 sec. Once eggs are cooked topped with salsa or hot sauce.

I wish I liked other things but for me breakfast isn't breakfast unless its hot. Cereal wont cut it ha ha!