124»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    eveedance wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Ok fair enough. I will get banned. That I know. MFP doesn't like the IIFYM or CICO everything in moderation boat to get rocked.

But, for the record, I still see the merit in those viewpoints because I have an open mind.

But wow, as soon as anything that remotely challenges the fact that you can't have piece of mind eating that cookie gets posted, all methods of rational unbiased discussion get thrown out the window... and the moderators will kick you out.

who said anything about cookies? I haven't seen cookies mentioned at all in this thread until you brought it up. People simply stated that you don't have to go low carb to lose weight or be healthy. News flash...fruit = carbs...veg = carbs...whole grains = carbs. All of these things make up the bulk of my carbohydrate intake, not endless cookies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYL0gj0G6HNxtdhXxuVkEW0rZTA-o8NtDSbB27vuYHOTt5wNmu

Am I reading this right? You think I'm singling out cookies? and not just using it as an example in my sentence? seriously?

You're right. you win. I can't compete with this.

In real life (whatever dietary path people decide to choose), talking to people about this with evidence is much much easier. I don't know if it's the veil of the internet or if I am lucky with the people I am surrounded by, but I'm going to stick to real life. Way more success in getting points across and positively helping people. Almost 100%. Much more satisfying.

That other guy on a different thread was going off about bad food, and yeah he was using language that was a bit too flowery, but not only were his points not even acknowledged or considered, but everyone just started ganging up on him. Because in a mob you will always win. Just like I have seen on this forum for months.

Many of your minds are just simple already made up and they are going to stay that way for a very long time. And the moderators seem to be working to facilitate this. Easy to see what is going on. And because of all the attitude.... it really doesn't feel like such a loss.

Go ahead MFP. Ban away. Again. No wait. Let me take care of this one.

That's too bad. I feel like I could have had some real fun with you.

KBYE_zps78d4086b.jpg

S'okay. I'd bet she had at least one other account ready to go.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Ok fair enough. I will get banned. That I know. MFP doesn't like the IIFYM or CICO everything in moderation boat to get rocked.

But, for the record, I still see the merit in those viewpoints because I have an open mind.

But wow, as soon as anything that remotely challenges the fact that you can't have piece of mind eating that cookie gets posted, all methods of rational unbiased discussion get thrown out the window... and the moderators will kick you out.

who said anything about cookies? I haven't seen cookies mentioned at all in this thread until you brought it up. People simply stated that you don't have to go low carb to lose weight or be healthy. News flash...fruit = carbs...veg = carbs...whole grains = carbs. All of these things make up the bulk of my carbohydrate intake, not endless cookies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYL0gj0G6HNxtdhXxuVkEW0rZTA-o8NtDSbB27vuYHOTt5wNmu

Am I reading this right? You think I'm singling out cookies? and not just using it as an example in my sentence? seriously?

You're right. you win. I can't compete with this.

In real life (whatever dietary path people decide to choose), talking to people about this with evidence is much much easier. I don't know if it's the veil of the internet or if I am lucky with the people I am surrounded by, but I'm going to stick to real life. Way more success in getting points across and positively helping people. Almost 100%. Much more satisfying.

That other guy on a different thread was going off about bad food, and yeah he was using language that was a bit too flowery, but not only were his points not even acknowledged or considered, but everyone just started ganging up on him. Because in a mob you will always win. Just like I have seen on this forum for months.

Many of your minds are just simple already made up and they are going to stay that way for a very long time. And the moderators seem to be working to facilitate this. Easy to see what is going on. And because of all the attitude.... it really doesn't feel like such a loss.

Go ahead MFP. Ban away. Again. No wait. Let me take care of this one.

That's too bad. I feel like I could have had some real fun with you.

KBYE_zps78d4086b.jpg

S'okay. I'd bet she had at least one other account ready to go.

Oh, they'll be back. I think the other alt account claimed to be a doctor. the funny thing is my gf is in Oncology and I know a ton of doctors.........none of them have time to post on message boards
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I'm a carb professional but not the kind you're looking for. The lowest carbs I've ever gone is 100g lol.
    Hear hear.

Unless you have a medical reason OP, why are you cutting carbs?

Maybe b/c she doesn't want the medical reason in the first place

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527677

Seriously? All this study did was compare a low carb diet and a low fat diet. The low carb diet was more effective on people that were already at risk for T2.

So I guess I'm missing your point. Or you don't understand the study you posted.

Ok fine. great at critiquing studies, but doesn't post study herself. Please feel free to do so. We will all benefit.

Don't be condescending about someone not understanding a study that they posted. You really never know the level of expertise of the person you are trying to insult.

ignore the troll

Edit: well that mks MFP much nicer - until they come back.

Also lol at minnie
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Please help!! What are some good foods that have little to no carbs?? Fish is the only thing I've found. I can't live on fish forever lol.

Fish live on fish forever :-) Eggs are practically free of carbs.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    OP already has dietary restrictions from legit (I assume based on her say so) allergies to fruits and nuts.

So, really, the only responsible advice is MACRO BALANCE unless other medical reasons are present. Faddy stupid macro restrictions are not an option for those with real dietary restrictions. (Ugh, I'm remembering the dude with gout and gallbladder disease who kept insisting that he needed to low carb....)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote:
    really, the only responsible advice is MACRO BALANCE unless other medical reasons are present.
    Faddy stupid macro restrictions are not an option for those with real dietary restrictions.
    Here's a table showing the healthy macro ranges from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/88/1/1/T1.expansion.html

carbs, 45 - 65% of calories
    fat, 20 - 35% of calories
    protein, 10 - 35% of calories
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Jesus! I'm crying laughing right now.
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I really thought this was my thread until I read it
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is, am I going to wake up tomorrow to see that this thread has done what the "bad foods" thread did and exploded out to 30+ pages (over 40 by the time it was closed)?

Getting in now with a cat gif...

83c24ecb5b1b0b2c47d1ca60517605bb.jpg
  • Nony_Mouse
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Glitchy double post...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    What I want to know is, am I going to wake up tomorrow to see that this thread has done what the "bad foods" thread did and exploded out to 30+ pages (over 40 by the time it was closed)?

I already miss the bad foods thread. Sigh.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I don't wonder this.

But I do wonder how hilarious the world would be if farts were colored clouds. No more crop dusting or blaming the dog.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I already miss the bad foods thread. Sigh.

Me too :'(

I don't wonder this.

But I do wonder how hilarious the world would be if farts were colored clouds. No more crop dusting or blaming the dog.

That would be AWESOME!!