Body Frame & Shoe Size

Options
2»

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    While shoe size can get bigger with certain conditions, such as pregnancy and even aging, I think there is some relationship because it can be indicative of frame size. I'm 5'1.5" and have rather big feet for my height -- 7.5 to an 8, and my frame is somewhat stocky. Many women my height wear a 5 or 6 and are much smaller framed women.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and wear a shoe size 6 narrow. I have tiny little wrists, too, 5" around and I always have to take links out of bracelets to get them to fit. So, yeah, small frame here. But having said that, I have broad hips and never really get below a size 6 or 8 no matter how much weight I lose.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I went up a shoe size at my highest weight - it went back down again when I lost.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I wear women's size 10 shoe, but I am 5'5" and have 5.75" wrists. I also weigh 205 lbs. But I don't expect my shoe size to go down by much if at all as I lose more weight. My wrists will likely get smaller though.
    A size 4 foot is like 2 inches shorter than my size 10 foot. The difference between sizes doesn't seem all that meaningful for determining a persons frame.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    5'1, 5.4" wrist, size 33/34 euro, or 2 N American children's shoes, 100lb.
    I think it works for me. Small boned.
    Oddly enough, my sisters think I am large boned in comparison; they are built like sparrows.

Cheers, h.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that, I'm just a tiny person, forever in kids shoes. I have tiny feet and I always thought I was stockier in build.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm all out of whack. Large wrists and ankles. Tiny hands and feet size 7 for a 5'5" height. Short arms and legs. Wide hips. Narrow waist. Nothing's in proportion. No guess as to frame size. But I like the resulting curves!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    That chart puts me at a large frame, and my shoe size is 7. :)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    6' ft
    Size 10 shoe - my feet are tiny for my size
    Wrist is 7.25" - even when I'm thin. Been measured for jewelry in the past since bracelets and watches rarely fit me.

I've always known I was larger framed. Even at my thinnest, I can't wear smaller than a size 8 or 10 because of my hips. I'm extremely skinny at a size 8, like sickly, gaunt looking.

edited to add: you can see my hand in the picture - that's a big Galaxy S5 I'm holding lol
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I always assumed there was a correlation because I feel like my frame is huge and so are my feet. But with all of these different responses I suppose it's just coincidence :-) I have broad shoulders and hips, womens size 12 shoes (Sometimes a 13! Eek!) and a 6.75 inch wrist. Oh and I'm 5'10-5'11. So I'm just huge :blush:

I'm the same size that you are...just with smaller feet!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I never know how to deal with this question. I have long legs, let's call them blunt ankles to be kind, and disproportionately large feet for my height; I have a short torso and practically child-sized wrists. Does my skeleton come from two different people?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The ankle thing is funny--even with a large frame size (based on measurements) I don't feel like my ankles or wrists are thick. Definitely not "blunt" and I don't have cankles.

Torso makes a big difference. I have an extremely long torso and short legs--I think it is part of why I can weight as much as I do and still get into a size 10.