TRADER JOE'S

Options

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I just spent a ton of money there yesterday LOL but it was a whole cartful...The prices really are pretty decent overall and I always get a lot more for my money there.

I love their sprouted bread and frozen fish. Nice thick filets of cod and mahi and tuna yum!. I buy a lot of frozen berries, frozen pineapple and frozen melange a trois bell peppers mix - it's JUST peppers with no onion filler and cheapest anywhere. They have some decent cheeses too. Oh, also a good price on ground turkey if you eat that. I buy the cheapest they have at $3 a pound and it's pretty lean. So much stuff....oh asparagus was $2 a bunch yesterday so hopefully still today. I bought 4 of them to freeze.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    fireworks chocolate bar - a must! they also have dark chocolate bars that 100 calorie each. their peanut butter with flax and chia seeds. their premade salads are good, the raisin/olive crisps and or the fig/rosemary crisps, the peanut butter granola bars, and they have these milk cookies that are really great with yogurt and fruit.
    I love those, too.

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Their Almond Milk original is the *only* one I like, kiddo is drinking milk with her cereal (instead of just grabbing fist fulls from the box) for the first time now. Its that good.

We also always get their Three Cheese pasta sauce..its the only canned pasta sauce Ill eat.

Don't forget to grab a bottle of 2 Buck Chuck (well, around here, its 2.99 lol)

And avoid their cheeses if you want to stick to your diet...I am madly in love with their cheese section. Madly....!!! Everything Ive ever tried is good, but the Triple Cream Brie with Wild Mushrooms will be the end of me. A very satisfying end.
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Their Almond Milk original is the *only* one I like, kiddo is drinking milk with her cereal (instead of just grabbing fist fulls from the box) for the first time now. Its that good.

We also always get their Three Cheese pasta sauce..its the only canned pasta sauce Ill eat.

Don't forget to grab a bottle of 2 Buck Chuck (well, around here, its 2.99 lol)

And avoid their cheeses if you want to stick to your diet...I am madly in love with their cheese section. Madly....!!! Everything Ive ever tried is good, but the Triple Cream Brie with Wild Mushrooms will be the end of me. A very satisfying end.

Awesome thank you! I love Almond milk just had some in my cereal!
  • TiffKouns
    Options
    I just spent a ton of money there yesterday LOL but it was a whole cartful...The prices really are pretty decent overall and I always get a lot more for my money there.

I love their sprouted bread and frozen fish. Nice thick filets of cod and mahi and tuna yum!. I buy a lot of frozen berries, frozen pineapple and frozen melange a trois bell peppers mix - it's JUST peppers with no onion filler and cheapest anywhere. They have some decent cheeses too. Oh, also a good price on ground turkey if you eat that. I buy the cheapest they have at $3 a pound and it's pretty lean. So much stuff....oh asparagus was $2 a bunch yesterday so hopefully still today. I bought 4 of them to freeze.

Great! Thank you so much!
  • TiffKouns
    Options
    My favorite TJ's item is their frozen seafood mix - shrimp, scallops and calimari. Each piece individually frozen, so you can use a little or a lot. A 1# bag is about $7-8 and no waste!

Great!
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Where do I begin? They have a great low calorie balsamic dressing, and they have great prices on frozen berries. My kids love the mochi ice cream too. Just walk up and down the aisles and enjoy!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter cheesecake. It's the little one in front of the baklava.k2vruikuszc7.jpg
  • TiffKouns
    Options
    Cookie butter cheesecake. It's the little one in front of the baklava.k2vruikuszc7.jpg

Yummy I just tried the cookie butter! Amazing!!!
  • TiffKouns
    Options
    hapa11 wrote: »
    Where do I begin? They have a great low calorie balsamic dressing, and they have great prices on frozen berries. My kids love the mochi ice cream too. Just walk up and down the aisles and enjoy!

We loved it!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I found these wheat flat bread things...Superb replacing toast with breakfast. Think they are 100 cal
  • RainyDaysAgain
    RainyDaysAgain Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was there today also. There are many things we get there, but two I didn't see mentioned above are their whole wheat hamburger buns, and Truly Handmade Whole Wheat Tortillas. They are the best whole wheat buns I've had. We also use their dishwasher detergent, which is free of chlorine bleach.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    They have some really awesome grain salads in the frozen foods, and bison burgers, mahi mahi burgers, and lots of Indian food like lamb vindaloo.

They have some really tasty nuts and nut mixes like Thai chili lime almonds or cashews (I buy both) or Macadamias mix Gingerly with Cranberries and Almonds.

The cheese is super cheap and super tasty...they have little goat cheese medallions (like a Baby Bel) and the honey chevre is amazing. They also have great fresh mozzarella, and the little pearls, and burrata.

The produce section is also amazing, with heirloom cherry tomatoes, tiny baby potatoes, and lots and lots of greens. If you like beets, you're in luck.

Don't forget to check out the fresh pastas.

And if you like almond milk, theirs is the best you'll ever taste.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Mango & cream and peaches & cream yogurt. The blondes--oh my! The muffin mixes--we love the pumpkin flavor when they have it in the fall. The frozen tamales are really good. So many things!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Speaking of the produce section, check it out seasonally. My favorite deal all year had to be the stalks of Brussels sprouts they had. Like Snuggle Smacks, I also look forward to the time of year they stock the heirloom tomatoes.

Right after Halloween, all sorts of pumpkin products start showing up. It's amazing. Around Christmas, there are tons of boxed candies and cookies that make great gifts. Oh, and the tinned popcorn assortment. We always get that.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    They have great hummus, the red bell pepper blend is my fave. Great with sugar snap peas and sweet bell peppers. They have good Greek yogurt and awesome cottage cheese, too. Multi-grain hot cereal, Fiberful Granola Bars, they have the BEST ketchup, good tuna, refried black beans with jalapeno, chocolate bars.....

Edited to add: And my dogs really love their doggy treats and snacks! :) I also use their face lotion with SPF, and the Coconut Body Butter.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is that their products are high quality (great ingredient list on most of it) and tasty, but also very affordable. It's like a gourmet shop with regular grocery store prices (sometimes even cheaper, especially the produce!)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't have the cookie butter cheesecake. Sad.
  • robw235
    robw235 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have been shopping there for years. I get their fiber bread, which is better than you'd think. Good selection of coffee and tea. Really like the "Moral Fiber" blueberry muffins. Also, try the turkey tenderloins.