Too Cold To Get To The Gym! Best of Your Favorite Free Online Exercise Videos-30minutes or under

Options
heroyalslimness
heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
It's too cold to go out to the gym! ;)
Or I am too busy to leave the house. Can you recommend your favorite lively free exercise video---anything from Yoga to Zumba!

Also, any videos that feature using body weight as primary to do at home exercise --such as squats, pushups etc --greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Replies

• tinbru
    tinbru Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    U burn more calories in the cold... go to the gym:)
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a ton of short videos to use on a time crunch, all different styles.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    tinbru wrote: »
    U burn more calories in the cold... go to the gym:)

I totally get it, who wants to go out in the cold, but remember it's nice and warm in the gym and even warmer once you start your workout.;) It's been freezing here for so long so I understand! Today is finally a beautiful day (40's)..using it for errand day and may or may not go to the gym later (might switch my workout over to Sunday).

Just DO IT! :) Dress warm and get your butt out there and you'll have accomplished 2 awesome thing... pushing yourself and working out. :)

If you really can't because of ice, car doesn't start etc. Try Youtube it's got anything and every thing you'll ever want in a workout. :)

Either way, enjoy your workout!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My gym is heated....
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Sorry but you'll get nowhere fast with a defeatist attitude. It might be too cold to walk to the gym if it's below 0, but it's not too cold to get there.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You'll soon warm up in the gym! I love stepping outside when it's cold after a hard gym workout.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym whenever I can. The only thing that stops me is snow and ice. And unfortunately we have had plenty of both lately. I try to keep abreast of the forecast and adjust gym time if possible.
  • ruter1pa
    ruter1pa Posts: 11
    Options
    It's easy to make excuses to not go to the gym. But if it's too cold today, it may be too rainy, or too hot, or too ... whatever on another day. Just go ahead and go, you'll feel better afterward.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    A new low in excuses...
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    A new low in excuses...

Not really since op is asking for alternatives.

OP try
    Hasfit com
    Fitnessblender.com
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have used fitness blender, I like them. If I'm remembering correctly you can put in how long you want to work out, intensity level, body part, or type of workout (yoga, kickboxing etc.) and they'll give you a list to pick from.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avZr0oR6Wgo&list=PLMtkfQizS4g13FFgWM1DdOzJOFoeVXNRT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_7AS5I4QOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ8Zdj0OPMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nyrD4eM64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

etc etc Go to YouTube. You'll find so much there.

I didn't renew my gym membership. I have a rebounder, a mat and some small dumbbells. Together with my running and biking outside, I love being able to workout at home now. In bad or very cold weather, I combine a cardio/strength rebounder workout with circuit training from Jillian Michaels.
  • mom2pandc
    mom2pandc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like jessicasmithtv on YouTube. I don't go to a gym to workout so I use her videos, the befit videos posted by someone else above and the treadmill in the winter. During warmer weather I will add biking and hiking.
  • GTJanuary
    GTJanuary Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP, I don't go to a gym and rely a lot on YT and cable to get my indoor workout and I ONLY do that in the summer ( anyone who doesn't like it oh, well) I rely alot on Youtube. For my age group (fifty plus) I use Jane Fonda's walking routines. They are great for getting you going without putting too much stress on your joints. But if she is too "old" for your age group, YT has a ton of other workout videos, you should find something there. Have fun, don't stress the small stuff and enjoy!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    what does that mean?

does that mean it's too cold to go to work too?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I live somewhere where it truly is too cold sometimes (-30 windchill), so I get that you would like to stay inside. Good for you for looking for an alternative, and deciding to not let the weather stop you from exercising (don't let mother nature win that one!)

BeFit channel on Youtube has a ton of free videos, doyogawithme.com has many yoga routines for difference styles of yoga. Plus the stuff mentioned above.

Workout videos make me miserable, but if they motivate you to get up and move - go for it, it's better than not exercising.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    YouTube all the way! I like Jillian Michaels if I'm looking for a butt kicking and tiffany rothe if I'm looking for just a little soreness.

Don't listen to these other people...you don't need equipment to get fit and don't go out if you don't feel like it. I work out only at home because it's where I'm comfortable. I can go all out without worrying how sweaty I am or how ridiculous I look in work out gear. Plus its my house....access to my water, my towels, my shower, and my furniture.
  • JoRocka
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Was right around twenty this day. Using 'too cold' is genuinely a lame excuse to no leave leave your warm house.. . . ,drive in your warm car and go to your the warm I seriously cannot even.
    IMG_20150228_130247_zpsge2oiika.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Ps. Mercer County Park. .. It's in New Jersey.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    is your gym not heated OP?