Too Cold To Get To The Gym! Best of Your Favorite Free Online Exercise Videos-30minutes or under

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    To be fair, only one person was negative, saying the OP had a defeatist attitude, everyone else made positive comments, just saying the gym is warm, she'll feel better once she goes etc. Sometimes people just want a bit of encouragement.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Sorry but you'll get nowhere fast with a defeatist attitude. It might be too cold to walk to the gym if it's below 0, but it's not too cold to get there.

What defeatist attitude? The Op asked for alternatives...
    I don't have any video ideas, but I sometimes circuit train at home.

I agree with you op asked for alternatives. If she didn't it would be lazy.

• socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I can't go to the gym either. Check the MFP Blog for exercises. I recently saw this "No Equipment Living Room Workout" there:
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/no-equipment-living-room-workout/

I can't do most of them but I found the description of proper form for sit-ups very helpful. I'm trying to work on my core to strengthen my diaphragm and intercostal muscles. I see others already mention fitnessblender.com - a number of women on my Friends List swear by that site. I've just started trying some of their easier core exercise videos.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    100 burpees for time. Best home workout there is.
  • Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I absolutely cannot believe how rude people are in this thread. OP simply asked for online workout recs. If you don't have a recommendation to give then don't post anything. Jesus H. Effing Christ on a cracker.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    It's too cold to go out to the gym! ;)
    Or I am too busy to leave the house. Can you recommend your favorite lively free exercise video---anything from Yoga to Zumba!

Also, any videos that feature using body weight as primary to do at home exercise --such as squats, pushups etc --greatly appreciated

Thanks!

it's too cold to go outside to a place you can workout inside??
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    It's too cold to go out to the gym! ;)
    Or I am too busy to leave the house. Can you recommend your favorite lively free exercise video---anything from Yoga to Zumba!

Also, any videos that feature using body weight as primary to do at home exercise --such as squats, pushups etc --greatly appreciated

Thanks!

it's too cold to go outside to a place you can workout inside??
    Yes.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JenMaselli wrote: »
    I absolutely cannot believe how rude people are in this thread. OP simply asked for online workout recs. If you don't have a recommendation to give then don't post anything. Jesus H. Effing Christ on a cracker.

I'm with you Jen! And they call this a "community"...

wcce3ij1mj2v.jpg
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Another shout out to Jillian's 30 Day shred here. It works and it's only 20 minutes. I do find level 2 harder than level 3 though. Maybe that's just me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

so telling her to get up, put on coat, get in heated car, and go to gym is not a recommendation?

just because you don't like the recommendation does not invalidate it….
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Because going to the gym is the only way to get fit, right? Bullhocky
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

so telling her to get up, put on coat, get in heated car, and go to gym is not a recommendation?

What if op doesn't have a car
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I'd suggest she do like I do....

http://youtu.be/OhC0wCMZnRk
  • Therealobi1
    Options

I'd suggest she do like I do....

http://youtu.be/OhC0wCMZnRk
    After that journey I don't think gym is needed.
    Looks a bit dangerous. Well done
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

I don't have a car
    So I either take public transit or walk where I need to go, including the gym.
    On the days where it's literally been -40C or I don't feel like going out, fitnessblender. Too cold isn't an excuse unless in extreme cases.

Already recommended Fitnessblender or Hasfit com and Nerdfitness.com.
    remember op didn't say it was too cold to exercise
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

I don't have a car
    So I either take public transit or walk where I need to go, including the gym.
    On the days where it's literally been -40C or I don't feel like going out, fitnessblender. Too cold isn't an excuse unless in extreme cases.

Already recommended Fitnessblender or Hasfit com and Nerdfitness.com.
    remember op didn't say it was too cold to exercise

Love Fitnessblender!