Bringing your food to family reunion?

Options
124»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    That's a hard one. My family is super close and reunions are always pot luck, so I'm not sure what I'd do in this situation. I would probably decide whether it was worth dealing with snide remarks from some to enjoy time with those I did want to see. If so, I'd either eat before I went or bring my own food, if I really didn't want to eat what was being served.

Generally family reunions are about connecting with family more than eating.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am going to my sister-in-law's for supper tonight for my mother-in -law's birthday. They are way more important to me than what is going to be served for dinner. They always order out, so I will pick and choose from the food they get. Try to eat in moderation, but more importantly enjoy my time with them without stressing about bringing my own food. They know that I watch what I eat, and because I do it all the time, and I do it properly, I never ever get a snide remark from anyone. If anything they encourage my decisions on food. I wonder if there isn't some underlying issue here...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    mikkielias wrote: »
    mikkielias wrote: »
    Hey, so tomorrow I have a family reunion, it is supposed to be a lunch and I´m not sure on what they going to serve. But it´s provably going to be pasta, some kind of ravioli with a walnut sauce or a tomato one. I have been very careful with my diet and hitting my macros. I already planed my day for tomorrow and I don't want to ruin it. I don't know if I should just skip this reunion (because my family doesn't support me on my goals, they always make fun of me and my diet and think that I only eat salads (*kitten* please! I almost eat 230 grams of carbs a day!) or should I just pack my lunch and bring it with me?
    Thoughts on this?

If you eat 230g of carbs a day, I'm surprised you can't just work pasta for lunch into your macros? That being said it depends on whether you're really bothered about attending the reunion in the first place?

because I have this family lunch and then Im going to eat some frozen yogurt with friends and have a dinner with my boyfriend and already planed on having pasta there because we are going to an italian restaurant.

Oh come on. Go someplace else for dinner or get the chicken.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking...