im workin hard but gainin weight. why ?

Options
13»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Best advice - get out of junk food h*ll and eat some real food. Weigh and measure that food accurately. If you are at a deficit you will lose...and since you don't have a lot to lose expect a 1/2 lb. to a pound a week.

what is fake food?

Also curious.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    shirayne wrote: »
    Also, if you're eating a lot of frozen meals or pre-packed foods, you're probably intake of salt is probably very high which would cause additional retention to what you're already experiencing.

Which has no impact on fat loss. If you're patient and consistent, you will lose weight even eating pre-packaged meals.

Amusing how someone felt that post was flag worthy. Obvious abuse of the flag system.

I know! People get butthurt over the weirdest things.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    shirayne wrote: »
    Also, if you're eating a lot of frozen meals or pre-packed foods, you're probably intake of salt is probably very high which would cause additional retention to what you're already experiencing.

Which has no impact on fat loss. If you're patient and consistent, you will lose weight even eating pre-packaged meals.

Amusing how someone felt that post was flag worthy. Obvious abuse of the flag system.

I know! People get butthurt over the weirdest things.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Best advice - get out of junk food h*ll and eat some real food. Weigh and measure that food accurately. If you are at a deficit you will lose...and since you don't have a lot to lose expect a 1/2 lb. to a pound a week.

what is fake food?

plastic-fast-food-toys.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Dominos Pizza - Specialty Chicken Sweet Bbq Bacon, 12 pieces 190 According to their site, a serving size is 3 pieces. you had 12, thus 760 calories.
    - You're not in a deficit.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't use a scale, but I will use a measuring cup occasionally. I've been losing weight at my expected rate. So I don't see a food scale as the magical fix for everything. I tend to think that some people are more likely to be forgetting to log some things rather than their estimates being far off.

ca1.jpg

You are a man who is how tall? Shorter women have less wiggle room. Scales are a useful tool for us. OP, definitely get the kitchen scale hun.

• FelonE1
    FelonE1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    First, you do not have much to lose. Which means that the difference between losing and gaining is not big, and not being accurate when logging or overestimating calories can make all the difference.
    Second, your loggings are not accurate, sorry. To give an example, yYour 1 1/2 cup of cereal, it is not 30 grams or 1 serving as you seem to believe, it could be 2-4 times that, so you have not logged even half the calories you consumed there. Even entries where you are I guess downloading calories from fast food websites, I suspect you are missing the tiny letters stating that calories are per "serving" and where "1 serving is 13 grams or 1/4 of a sandwich"or something equally ridiculous. Like "Dominos Pizza - Specialty Chicken Sweet Bbq Bacon, 12 pieces" is most certainly not 190 calories. There is some tiny print somewhere saying that 190 calories is per serving, and I bet the serving is something like 3 and a half pieces...
    So, you are logging 1200 calories, most likely this is closer to 2000.
    Based on your diary, realistcally with the food choices you are making, you will starve to lose weight. Health and nutrient issues aside, if you are going to lose weight mostly on junk food and if you have low calorie needs because you are not starting at a big weight, you will starve, because these foods have a ton of calories per serving. It is a matter of choice. You can have just the 3 pieces of dominos chicken for dinner or have some grilled chicken and a plate of vegetables. One will be more to your taste but be so little that it will feel like you did not eat, the other might require some adjustement to what food should taste like, but keep you fuller for the next hours.
    Also, you are overestimating your burned calories a lot.
  • lmhughley89
    Options
    Aggliklik u actually make since ... what I am doing is scaning the barcodes and excepting the information that pops up ... with out even looking at it because I figured it was logging accuratly .... sheesh I feel real silly now I probably am eating to much and I wanna eat regular home cooked meals but I have NO CLUE how to even begin how to log the correct information so I been eating this shity food that taste so bland and so unfilling jus thinking I was doing it right .... well away with the junk food back to home cooking but I need to figure out this loggin correct calories thing ... thank u for ur help and explaining it in detail for me to understand
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes, she should use a food scale, but measuring instead of weighing has not caused a 4 pound gain in 2 weeks. When you see large weight fluctuations like that (in either direction) it is almost always water weight. She is likely retaining water for some reason. Might be TOM, but more likely its her muscles retaining water to repair muscles from the new exercise. This is common when people begin working out.

eta Could also be water retention from sodium if the frozen meals and other pre-packaged foods have a lot of preservatives. Keep working hard OP. This is water weight and your body will get rid of it soon. Keep counting calories, keep logging your food, keep working out, and give this process time. It will work!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I only took a quick look at your diary, and already found a 400 calorie error in one of your Dominos entries.

Make sure you're accounting for what the label says is the serving size (which often has little connection with reality).
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I have been working out regularly dping cardio on tredmill but amd thigh machine body lifts crunchs and squats but I haven't lost anything instead I gaimed 4lbs and dont understand why I have even been countin calories .....HELP me understand im getting discouraged

eating too much.