do you ever feel your weight hinders your workouts?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Being overweight bothers me, but not doing something about it bothers me more. Does being overweight impact my workout? Yup, but with each workout, that fat is getting a little more gone. So...I'll just keep going.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yes when I was over weight I felt like I could puke when my trainer put the dreadmill speed at 4.5. That was the high part of my sprint work. Now I warm up with 5.0 on the dreadmill. I also found crunches to be really hard. They don't seem easy now but they are much more comfortable I should say. My running is the same way. I felt like I could die at 11:30 min mile...now I am at 8:43 (for shorter runs) and 9:10 (for longer runs).

Just stick with it. It will get better. Oh and I remember my boob hitting me in the face every time I would do mountain climbers. HAAA
  • kimber301975
    Options
    janegalt37 wrote: »
    Yep. I'm 38 and have only started gaining extra weight 4 years ago. I'm sooo not use to it, and my mobility is horrible. The difference 50 pounds makes on my 5'10" frame makes me hate a lot of exercises I used to be okay with. Lifting heavy and elliptical in air conditioning is all I'm going to be doing until I get stronger. Most other movements feel kind of horrible, and I refuse to torture myself. It's a good thing I love lifting, because I have to do something.
    Keep on, Rachy, and don't be afraid to temporarily eliminate moves that you really hate right now; it'll be that much more rewarding when you add them back in when you're stronger and less..... chesty and such. lol

I am in the same boat lol.......I'm 39 have never had to exercise.....was always 116 to 120 even after my 3 children......must be the slowing metabolism because I started slowly gaining after 35.....I'm now 160 pounds and I HATE it. I just started mfp, eating healthier walking and using the treadmill. I am out of shape and have to strengthen my legs. I am going to start a Zumba class next week 2 nights a week :) I'm excited....I'm ready to feel better and not have my jeans feel skin tight!!!!!