Epsom salt baths for weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There are some really good sticky threads in the Getting Started forum - well worth a read if you haven't already.
    Convict Conditioning and You Are Your Own Gym are often recommended as good body weight training resources.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ian_Davies wrote: »
    Thanks for all your comments. I haven't once mentioned fat loss. I was wanting to tighten things up in areas where i am a bloated and while i drink 2+ litres a day of water pulling out toxins that sit within the skin seemed to be a good way of helping cleanse.

It will not pull any toxins out.

• Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    There are some really good sticky threads in the Getting Started forum - well worth a read if you haven't already.
    Convict Conditioning and You Are Your Own Gym are often recommended as good body weight training resources.

Thanks sijomial, i'll look up both of those. I do read a lot of the forum although there's so much info out there it gets overwhelming at times.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

These were going to be my suggestions too for working out. For confidence, I would suggest looking internally. Your body shape/size should not have any bearing on your value as a person. Sounds like you know what you need to do, keep working on that, and drop the search for quick fixes. Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    2wdpqme.gif
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks Silverrose89, really appreciate your positive support. I wish you every success in your goals too, definitely not looking for a short cut as i don't think there are any and i am trying to make this a life style. I do love the knowledge i am gaining from reading the forum.

Hanging in there :)

No problem at all :) You got this!

I forgot to add though, there are no toxins that need to be pulled out. None at all. Nada.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread says "for weight loss," not "for bloating." so this is most likely why people are confused and telling you that it's pointless and dangerous to dehydrate yourself.

Thanks blueseraphchaos, i'm definitely not dehydrating myself, was drinking during and after (no wine just water and green tea).

All - apologise for any confusion, i was only asking since you all have more knowledge than me and i am keen to learn. Although starting to regret asking now.

No regrets and no stupid questions. We were all new here once! So long as you are listening to the advice people here are giving you, I'd say you've learned a fair bit in this thread :)
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a nice epsom salt bath from time to time, very relaxing.

As for toxins: http://thedermblog.com/2010/09/13/sweating-out-your-toxins/ (by a dermatologist)

"You might not want to believe me, but it’s fact: you cannot sweat out toxins. Sweat is composed of 99% water and a tiny percent of salt, urea, proteins and carbohydrates. Salt, proteins and carbohydrates are natural. Urea is a by-product of protein metabolism and is non-toxic. It’s regulated to keep your blood at a healthy pH. Most excess urea is eliminated in urine (hence the name) and a small amount is in sweat.

Toxins like mercury, chemicals, alcohol, drugs, and spicy BBQ sauce are eliminated by your liver and intestines."

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I take hot baths with Epsom salts 1-2 times a week (sometimes more) because I have trauma induced arthritis (and a ton of surgical metal) that aches like a w*tch, especially in cold weather, and the baths help. I've been doing it for years, but have never seen it result in weight on the scale. If your feeling really bloated (and have been for more than a couple of days) go see your doctor to make sure nothing medical is going on.