ABS: How many crunches do you do a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    jtabiolo wrote: »
    @ninerbuff‌ When losing weight, the way to lose just fat is by adding strength training into your fitness program. You just can't try to lose weight simply by performing cardio. The pounds you lose through cardio will come right back if you stop the cardio, without muscle mass to keep the weight off. When you add muscle, you improve the body fat composition ratio, which is the main goal. You shouldn't just be concerned with a smaller number on the scale. Your a "fitness trainer" out of all people you should know that. When you just do cardio, you lose a little bit of fat, muscle tissue, etc.

You can't lose just fat. When losing weight you will always lose more than just fat.

Resistance training will help minimize the LBM you lose, but you will lose some.

Do you have any proof that if I stop cardio I will gain my weight back?

Also one isn't going to gain much if any muscle mass when losing weight.

That's not how this works.....
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    if the idea is resistance training... then 100+ of something means the movement is simply to easy to be effective.

but the point of the ab muscles is to bring the sternum about an inch closer to the pelvis. so crunches aren't such a bad idea.

if you pre-exhaust your abs with something far more taxing, like hanging leg raises (or maybe even your planks), then 25-30 crunches will seem a lot harder then the 100 you were doing before and you'll get a lot more out of them.