10lb in 10days

Options
13»

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    britishaa wrote:
    I want to for spring break. But it's not a necessity. I guess I had big dreams lol. I've already lost a good amount and down enough to where I feel comfortbale wearing a bikini, I just want my stomach to be a bit more flat.
    When you lose weight, your body decides where it will come off.
    The only way to directly affect how your abdomen looks is to tone the underlying muscles.
    Do core exercises (all the way around, plus rotation), and be patient.
  • rabbitjb wrote: »
    jengragg wrote: »
    Your best bet is going to be the master cleanse (lemonade diet). You'll lose super fast but it will mostly be water weight and it will come back (or at least some of it).

nobody ever needs to cleanse

why do you say nobody needs to cleanse? I don't understand what you mean, I have used cleanses before & feel so much better after doing so. Cleansing for weightloss is not neccesarily a good plan but to feel better it sure helps

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Your best bet is going to be the master cleanse (lemonade diet). You'll lose super fast but it will mostly be water weight and it will come back (or at least some of it).

why do you say nobody needs to cleanse? I don't understand what you mean, I have used cleanses before & feel so much better after doing so. Cleansing for weightloss is not neccesarily a good plan but to feel better it sure helps

because cleanses are bunk.

Unless you are reccing soap or body wash options. That kind of cleansing is good.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

the only thing is cleanses is your wallet. They are a marketing scam.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to loose 10pounds in 10days. Any suggestions ? Tips? Is it even possible. I'm 173 now, I would like to get down to 163. Help!!

Start on December 29th 2014.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Spanx...other than that nothing really. You might get a pound or two but that is about all. Just go and enjoy your spring break.
  • BrieFit18
    BrieFit18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. Losing that much weight so fast is dangerous, and the likelihood that you'll gain it back is very high. Eat healthy and exercise and you will see results :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Disregard the master cleanse....stuff. It's silly.

(go ahead, flag me for being brutally honest)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I think that would be a tall order even for a morbidly obese individual.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Short of cutting off a limb, you're out of luck. You didn't gain it in 10 days, you physically can't lose it in 10 days.

You can LOOK like you weigh less by drinking more water and eating less sodium for the next 10 days. It will just be water weight, but you'll look less bloated. And spanx can help you appear much thinner for a specific event.

Start eating healthy and losing the weight for real, then next time you have a big event coming up you won't feel panicked and "need" to lose a lb a day.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I doubt you'll lose 10 pounds, but in case you're running into any bloating, I'd say really go hard on the water and go light on the sodium. It will help de-puff all over and that should help if any extra in the belly area is bloating. (Also, if you're not regular, get that way with all the right food.) I second the good posture as well. Standing tall with your shoulders back can add the appearance of cup sizes to your boobs and minimize the appearance of weight on your tummy. You might drop a pound in water weight, if you have it to lose, but since you say you've been losing weight for a bit, I'd say just flaunt the 10 you've lost already and the confidence will make up for anything else you want to lose.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You'll gain it back quick. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to loose 10pounds in 10days. Any suggestions ? Tips? Is it even possible. I'm 173 now, I would like to get down to 163. Help!!

Start on December 29th 2014.

Yep. I've lost about 10 lbs since then. *pats self on back and winces at the press-up-induced shoulder pain*