Teas & detox drinks?

Options
are there any teas or drinks or anything that actually help with weight loss or putting on muscle weight?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No.

Any caloric liquid can help you put on weight if you consume enough of it to put on weight. But specifically muscle? No.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    nope
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Negatory.
  • nettaboo216
    nettaboo216 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There is a detox water you can make to slim your stomach if you are interested
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Edited: wrong position of ^^

No matter how much we wish the stories of magical power to aid in weight loss are just that. Magic....either that or you end up with just losing water weight from a good ol' flush out.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

No

There isn't

• nettaboo216
    Options
    Yes there is i drink it everyday
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ooh missed the bit about possible muscle gain from a drink.....bit out of my area but would those Bulk me up like the Hulk protein powders they sell at health food places be what you are thinking of....????

Other than that I am stumped.....if you like the flavour of tea go for it.....I'm finding there are myriads of choices and they are a really nice change from coffee and don't need milk or any sweetening.
  • nettaboo216
    Options
    ^^^ This.

No matter how much we wish the stories of magical power to aid in weight loss are just that. Magic....either that or you end up with just losing water weight from a good ol' flush out.

If you follow a good exercise regime and eat healthy along with drinking the detox water it does work....
  • Sued0nim
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes there is i drink it everyday

Hope it quenches your thirst

Please explain how it does anything for your abdomen
  • Hornsby
    Options
    ^^^ This.

If you follow a good exercise regime and eat healthy along with drinking the detox water it does work....

Lol - no, the eating healthy and exercising works....the detox water does nothing. That is a fact and can't really be debated. Sorry.

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Here we go
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    ^^^ This.

And if you don't do the exercise and eating healthy what happens?

Equally if you do the exercise and healthy eating and don't do the detox water, what do you think happens then?

• CaddyCruisin
    Options
    Ooh missed the bit about possible muscle gain from a drink.....bit out of my area but would those Bulk me up like the Hulk protein powders they sell at health food places be what you are thinking of....????

Other than that I am stumped.....if you like the flavour of tea go for it.....I'm finding there are myriads of choices and they are a really nice change from coffee and don't need milk or any sweetening.

Like the protein powders and protein drinks and those drinks they sell at gyms that are supposed to help you put on muscle and such.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Lifting heavy things and eating a calorie surplus builds muscle. The drinks do not. They do help people hit their calorie and macro goals, but they aren't magic and they aren't needed.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Lifting heavy things and eating a calorie surplus builds muscle. The drinks do not. They do help people hit their calorie and macro goals, but they aren't magic and they aren't needed.

Darn it

I demand Magic!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Sorry, no. This is wrong. Your body doesn't need to be detoxed, and there is no such thing as spot reduction.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

Of course eating healthy and exercising would also work without the magic water.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

Darn it

I demand Magic!

JcUFg.gif