Teas & detox drinks?

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    are there any teas or drinks or anything that actually help with weight loss or putting on muscle weight?

No.
  • babydoll2929
    Options
    There is a detox water you can make to slim your stomach if you are interested

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

No matter how much we wish the stories of magical power to aid in weight loss are just that. Magic....either that or you end up with just losing water weight from a good ol' flush out.

If you follow a good exercise regime and eat healthy along with drinking the detox water it does work....

nope. utter nonsense.
  • babydoll2929
    Options
    Do you have a recipe?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of "no". If someone claims there is, they're probably selling it.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Magic weight loss drink? Water. If you don't get enough, you'll retain fluids and bloat. Drink enough, you'll pee it all away.

Not fat loss, mind you. But ounces and inches.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Anything to get out of doing the work....
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Sorry but no. I just drink tea because I like the taste. Worst move ever was going into Teavana. There is not magic water or diet pills. The body doesn't need them or want them. Now the mint chocolate tea from Teavana...yeah my body wants that.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ooh missed the bit about possible muscle gain from a drink.....bit out of my area but would those Bulk me up like the Hulk protein powders they sell at health food places be what you are thinking of....????

Other than that I am stumped.....if you like the flavour of tea go for it.....I'm finding there are myriads of choices and they are a really nice change from coffee and don't need milk or any sweetening.

Like the protein powders and protein drinks and those drinks they sell at gyms that are supposed to help you put on muscle and such.

In for magic protein powder for gainz. :noway:
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, OP, if there were any drinks that would cause weight loss or muscle gain none of us would be here. We would all be at our perfect weight and looking amazing.

End of the day, we all need to put in the work to get what we want. Personally, I would love something magic to undo all the harm I've done to myself over the years, but the reality is that not stuffing my face and getting off my butt is the only combination of things that will take the weight back off. And it will take time.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Caddy.....Welcome to MFP.

If I can just add this......honey, save your money and don't get hooked into anything that promises miracle results. The truth is there is NO magic tea, berry, powder or potion that will take the place of hard work, patience and the science of CICO.

Hornsby pointed out the protein powders may help with macro's etc but that man's muscles comes from what I would guess to be sheer bloody hard work - picking up heavy *kitten* and putting it down again and a solid eating programme full of proteins, carbs and fat. All out of Bubblegum <3 ......is simply a Wonder Woman......again HER hard work and dedication.....and again I'm guessing this but she probably didn't buy into anything that sounded to good to be true.

For your sake it's wise to be sceptical of any products that promise to make you the most beautiful person on the planet with more money, sex appeal, stellar personality and the ability to fly at will.....advertisers know full well that humans want everything NOW and they market their brand to the fullest.

Good luck.
  • joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • CaddyCruisin
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    It's not to get out of the work I was just curious if they worked just saying no need to comment rude *kitten* on my posts if you're not going to be helpful then don't even bother commenting thanks.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    It's not to get out of the work I was just curious if they worked just saying no need to comment rude *kitten* on my posts if you're not going to be helpful then don't even bother commenting thanks.

I do what I want
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    joejward95 wrote: »
    This gon be good

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    ^^^ This.

No matter how much we wish the stories of magical power to aid in weight loss are just that. Magic....either that or you end up with just losing water weight from a good ol' flush out.

If you follow a good exercise regime and eat healthy along with drinking the detox water it does work....

Err... No. The first two maybe, the tea? Nope.

Isn't it interesting that all these "detoxes" to lose weight some how incorporate diet and exercise lol