Splenda Sabotage

Options
124»

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned about the Krispy Kreme that was just forced down my throat against my will. Those probably aren't zero calories either. :(
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Nothing in the CICO equation is accurate to the point that 30 calories, one way or another, is tremendously significant. Food labels are allowed to be something like 20% off, and no matter how obsessively you track your food, you're never going to be 100% accurate in calculating your intake. CO is even harder to figure out. If you're freaking out about 30 calories, you're majoring in the minors and entirely missing the point.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Just a note: check the difference in the powdered form and the liquid form. I don't know calorie counts, but each packet has .9 carbs. If you're trying to follow a keto diet, you're limited to very few carbs a day, if you don't know those carbs are in the powdered sweetners (they are all .9 g. of carbs) it can really sabotage your efforts. The liquid version has 0 carbs. I expect it that in aggregate it has less calories as well.

It would, because the calories in the packets come from the bulking agents which constitute the carb content.

• kellystjohn105
    kellystjohn105 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Splenda is the devil. I spent almost ten years tying to figure out why I had daily headaches, increased blood pressure, blurred vision, and heart palpatations. I saw optometrists, opthamologists, neurologists and cardiologists....had numerous tests done to include MRI and spinal tap.....and took all kinds of crazy migraine medications.

It was the splenda that I put in my coffee everyday. Figured it out 4 years ago and haven't had any problems since.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about the Krispy Kreme that was just forced down my throat against my will. Those probably aren't zero calories either. :(

I'd file a police report
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    this-will-not-end-well-cat.jpg

And before it gets any worse, I am locking this thread:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.