Worst habit of a significant other (past or current)

Options

Replies

• WalkingAway2013
    Options
    thinks the proper place to hang his clothes is on my dining room chair.

Arg! Mine does that too! Drives me nuts at this moment there is 4 of his shirts and a pair of shorts on my dining room chairs then there is the sock issue that hubby and oldest kid both do, they take off their socks and just leave them everywhere! I now just throw them out when cleaning :grumble:

Only other annoying habit I can't stand is him handing me the phone to talk to his sister's when they call when he knows I can't stand them :explode:
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    PROCRASTINATION!:explode:
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    My boyfriend forgets...EVERYTHING! Things I just told him two minutes ago. Annoys the crap out of me!

Lol make him look right at you when you're talking and then repeat back to you what you just said, Soon he'll be trained to pay attention when you speak. :laugh:
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    My husband strips upon entering the house, like he is 5. and thinks the proper place to hang his clothes is on my dining room chair.

Yes, we are heading into counseling..............

Counseling for taking your clothes off in your own home? :huh: I assume there is more to it...

Agreed. A naked husband is preferred in this house.

Aha, I see what you mean. I guess if we were younger with no teenagers in the house this would appear to be a great situation.
    But the habit of undressing in the living room/dining room/kitchen and using the dining room chairs as a closet is annoying and dirty.
    I walk into my bedroom to change my clothes, I would have thought the majority of people did this also.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    His worst habit was trash talking about me to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    My husband strips upon entering the house, like he is 5. and thinks the proper place to hang his clothes is on my dining room chair.

Counseling for taking your clothes off in your own home? :huh: I assume there is more to it...

Aha, I see what you mean. I guess if we were younger with no teenagers in the house this would appear to be a great situation.
    But the habit of undressing in the living room/dining room/kitchen and using the dining room chairs as a closet is annoying and dirty.
    I walk into my bedroom to change my clothes, I would have thought the majority of people did this also.

Does he strip COMPLETELY? Or just down to his boxers? Sometimes my husband will get home from work and take his shirt and pants off and leave them in the living room. He wears a tie and nicer type pants, so I assume he has been uncomfortable all day in them. He will only strip down to undershirt and boxers. If he does that, I simply leave them there until he moves them. There have been a few times when he will be like, "Did you wash so and so shirt?" No....It was not in the laundry, sorry!
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    My wife will keep score if things she has done and act as if she is always winning. Example diaper changing I would do it 6 or 7 times in a row, she would do it once than next time claim "it's your turn I have been doing it all day". Different example in case people say she was in labor for hours she wins. Ok ok.... Before we even had kids. Dishes, as I cook all the meals of the week I am constantly having to clean the dishes night after night. And often her only defense is she just had to do the dishes. Never mind the fact that I usually have washed a few times since her last attempt at it.

.....you are still married to a wife who manipulates and keeps score?
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    After reading these I have to say my ex not brushing his teeth everyday doesn't seem so bad now.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    He is CONSTANTLY clearing his throat...or lightly coughing to clear his throat--I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of to discreetly help him...throat lozenges... :( poor guy...it must suck to constantly feel as if you need to clear your throat :( Oh, and the fact that I'll be speaking with him-looking him in the eye- and he says "huh?"...oh, that auditory processing delay of his is really nerve racking sometimes... Or, we will be having a conversation about something, and then 5-10 minutes later he asks me about what ever it was we were talking about, and I'm like "Um...we just talked about this 5 minutes ago...remember?" and he's like "huh?"....Oh dear...grant me patience!

I don't have any issues with him clearing his throat, but the part about suggestive hearing is my problem! If we have a conversation that lasts longer than 2 minutes, he totally blanks out everything I say. I can actually SEE IT ON HIS FACE when he checks out. I call it "drawing the shades". During the conversation, if he's doing the majority of the talking, it's all good. But if I'm talking the most, he draws the shades about 1.5 minutes in. And then when he asks me a question that I clearly covered during a conversation where he blacks out, he gets totally upset that I say "remember...we talked about this." "Oh, well you act like you've never forgotten anything!" is his response. And then if I forget ANYTHING that he's said...he says "see!! you forget things too! but you're always calling ME out!!"

Ugh. Besides that, everything's great. :angry:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My last boyfriend was bad about "multitasking." It was long-distance, so we depended on Skype a lot, and he would frequently be doing other things on the Internet or on his phone while we were talking. I would ask him once to stop, and if he didn't, I'd just close out of Skype and go on about my business. Then he would call me and tell me I was being immature ... for having better things to do than sit at my computer and watch him update his fantasy baseball team and text his friends.
  • ILuvMoo
    ILuvMoo Posts: 41
    Options

Mine does this! It's like he's allergic to pants! The only part about it that truly bugs me, though, is when he asks me to do a load of laundry for him (say, if I'm home and he's not) and "make sure you get some work shirts in there"... and I can never find any because they're scattered about all over god-knows-where. The laundry I don't mind. The Easter egg hunt before I can start the machine is obnoxious.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I used to date this girl who thought it was cute/funny to show me her used toilet paper after taking a number 2!?!?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Sometimes I take pictures of my poo if it's really impressive. I would only show my sister though. lol
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Cocaine, lots and lots of cocaine.

And that my friends, its why he is an ex.

^^This..
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The grass is always greener. Next time you want to complain about your current situation, think about how many people might have it worse than you.

Worst habit of my wife: she's not organized. She's constantly looking for something that she can't find (her phone, her keys, a letter, a piece of paper, etc.). She's also very sensitive and a little over emotional.

I tend to be overly organized, if there is a such a thing, and I'm clean. So, I do the laundry, sweeping, mopping, waxing, cleaning in the house. I'm also fiscally responsible for the house and everything associated with it. Mortgage, taxes, insurance, cable, internet, phone, etc. But, I'm not an emotional person. So I see it as a balance to her emotional tendencies.
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options

If that's his worst habit, he sounds practically perfect. XD
    "Now I ain't saying she a gold digger" - 'Cause I never had a lot of cash to begin with, but I had a girlfriend who would take considerable advantage of my generosity and "forget" to pay her bills a lot. She was a massive drain on my meagre resources.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    His worst habit was trash talking about me to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.

I see what you did there. :wink:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Current after and still 34 years: me. I'm a hard habit to break and she is AWESOME!

:flowerforyou: What a nice guy!
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options

Does he strip COMPLETELY? Or just down to his boxers? Sometimes my husband will get home from work and take his shirt and pants off and leave them in the living room. He wears a tie and nicer type pants, so I assume he has been uncomfortable all day in them. He will only strip down to undershirt and boxers. If he does that, I simply leave them there until he moves them. There have been a few times when he will be like, "Did you wash so and so shirt?" No....It was not in the laundry, sorry!

To his boxers. I can see your point that maybe it shouldn't be so annoying to me, but there are times the kids have friends over (I have both a girl and a boy) and he strips in the living room and walks upstairs to get the clothes he wants to wear. Why not just walk upstairs, strip and change?
    And if I left his clothes where he drops them, pretty soon there would be piles of clothes strewn through the house.
    Sorry, my counseling comment was missing the sarcasm font :flowerforyou:
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I used to date this girl who thought it was cute/funny to show me her used toilet paper after taking a number 2!?!?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Sometimes I take pictures of my poo if it's really impressive. I would only show my sister though. lol

OMG! I thought me and my sister were the only ones to do that. We will call each other and brag about our great poo's. BUT, we both have IBS-C so a nice one makes me wanna tell the world.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    OMG so far of this post the women are the nasty ones. Poo toilet paper girl, poo picture girl, toe nail eating girl, and pleghm girl. Bleck. Although the poo streaks on the sheets is a close contender.

I think my fiance most worst habit is he flies off the handle too easily and raises his voice.