Appetite Suppressant - Pills

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    I just want to throw in that my breakfast this morning was more than 1200 calories, and my lunch was over 1000. And I've lost 3 lbs in the past two weeks.

As a former athlete I suspect you know that eating a net of 500 calories a day is

1. unsustainable for more than a few days
    2. not going to get you where you want to be, which is into something near the shape you were in as an athlete.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789
  • mason2120
    Options
    @bl
    busseybl wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for an OTC appetite suppressant? I know a few women that go to the doctor and get prescriptions for stimulants and water pills, but I don't want to spend that much money (doctors visits, shots, prescriptions, etc).

I'm using TriAdelean right now, but it's not doing much in the way of appetite suppression. Have you had any luck with OTC appetite suppressants?

Thanks!

I hate that you are getting a lot of judgment here but with any open forum that comes with the territory. Everyone has their own opinion. Most using this app are probably watching their weight and either are or have been overweight in the past and I know when you are depressed about being over weight and wanting/ trying to lose weight, negative comments aren't helping. Most have given amazing advice and I hope you take some in consideration. With anything quick fixes are not the answer and Americans (including me) want instant gratification. With that being said I have tried everything you can do to lose weight. Some has worked out and then I gain it all back so it has to be a life style change not just a diet. I say this because I am telling myself this right now. I've yo yo'd my whole life. What I think you are truly asking for is a boost and you will continue after the boost. Obviously we can not take diet pills our whole life. What is working for me right now (only have been on for two weeks) is HCG. I am very "rouge" with this strict diet. I am taking HCG patches and eating a low carb diet and averaging a 1200-1400 diet. I have lost 8# so far with cheating and letting myself down (I am human) but over all I know this HCG patch is just a crutch and something to boost my confidence that with determination I can do anything. Obviously HCG is temporary but once I see what I've lost and how great my clothes fit and determination to not yo yo again that I will work hard to keep it off! No bad food every day and watch my carbs! YOU CAN DO IT! I wish you the best of luck and hope this post has encouraged you and answered what you were asking for "just a boost to get the ball rolling"!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lol y'all are ridiculous.

I was asking as simple question and I do not think I deserved some of the responses I got. I'm eating 1200cal/day and working out and burning around 750-800 a day. So yes, I'm hungry. Yes, I've tried water. Yes, I've tried small low-cal snacks.

If you didn't have an answer for me, why did you even bother responding? Mind your own business & stop hiding behind your computers and being rude.

You're netting 400-500 calories per day but you call others "ridiculous"? You are failing to provide your body with minimal nutrition at that point. Wanting to take an appetite suppressant on top of that is unhealthy.

BAM!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    mason2120 wrote: »
    @bl
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for an OTC appetite suppressant? I know a few women that go to the doctor and get prescriptions for stimulants and water pills, but I don't want to spend that much money (doctors visits, shots, prescriptions, etc).

I'm using TriAdelean right now, but it's not doing much in the way of appetite suppression. Have you had any luck with OTC appetite suppressants?

Thanks!

I hate that you are getting a lot of judgment here but with any open forum that comes with the territory. Everyone has their own opinion. Most using this app are probably watching their weight and either are or have been overweight in the past and I know when you are depressed about being over weight and wanting/ trying to lose weight, negative comments aren't helping. Most have given amazing advice and I hope you take some in consideration. With anything quick fixes are not the answer and Americans (including me) want instant gratification. With that being said I have tried everything you can do to lose weight. Some has worked out and then I gain it all back so it has to be a life style change not just a diet. I say this because I am telling myself this right now. I've yo yo'd my whole life. What I think you are truly asking for is a boost and you will continue after the boost. Obviously we can not take diet pills our whole life. What is working for me right now (only have been on for two weeks) is HCG. I am very "rouge" with this strict diet. I am taking HCG patches and eating a low carb diet and averaging a 1200-1400 diet. I have lost 8# so far with cheating and letting myself down (I am human) but over all I know this HCG patch is just a crutch and something to boost my confidence that with determination I can do anything. Obviously HCG is temporary but once I see what I've lost and how great my clothes fit and determination to not yo yo again that I will work hard to keep it off! No bad food every day and watch my carbs! YOU CAN DO IT! I wish you the best of luck and hope this post has encouraged you and answered what you were asking for "just a boost to get the ball rolling"!

tumblr_m2zbcakAp71qf9d9no1_r3_500.gif
  • Marianne802
    Marianne802 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    To answer your question from the consensus of this forum, no their does not appear to be an effective over the counter appitite suppressant availalbe.
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I took Xenadrine (the ephedrine free version) and Dexatrim Ultra (not exactly sure...it was red) a few years ago and I lost a lot of weight fast, but I honestly think that had more to do with how hard I was working out every day and changing my diet to be super healthy and consistent--and alcohol free. The only thing I like stimulants for is working out, but honestly I just stick to coffee now. I don't even want to know how much damage I've done to my heart and liver over the years by taking prescription, illegal, and otc supplements for a quicker fix. I find the faster I lose the weight by cheating, the faster I gain it back. I'd rather have long term success at this point in my life! I'm tired of abusing my organs!
  • chasingthesun85
    chasingthesun85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok this thread has over 4000 views! As much as yall wanna bash the pills, it sure seems like a lot of you were at lest curious enough to take a peak before inserting your "NO" so you can claim to fit in with the rest of the majority!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Zombiethread
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    OLD THREAD.

OLD THREAD.

OLD THREAD.

THE THREAD IS OLD.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I don't think that there is a thread on these forums that can't be answered with a gif from RPDR.

So true. Love me some Latrice!
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lol y'all are ridiculous.

I was asking as simple question and I do not think I deserved some of the responses I got. I'm eating 1200cal/day and working out and burning around 750-800 a day. So yes, I'm hungry. Yes, I've tried water. Yes, I've tried small low-cal snacks.

If you didn't have an answer for me, why did you even bother responding? Mind your own business & stop hiding behind your computers and being rude.

Your obviously doing something WRONG? If your eating a 1200 cal deficit and burning 750-800 in exercise, you couldn't possibly be hungry if your logging your food and eating right!! Diet pills don't work, there just a waste of $$$$. Drink lot's of water before your eat and you will find your hunger will decrease. Nobody is being rude, there giving you the right advice!! Take it or leave it. :smile: