Options
cherellenjohnson9
cherellenjohnson9 Posts: 21 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hwpfvgsxsnvz.jpg

Height: 5'7
Old Weight: 145
Current Weight: 134

I started my weight loss journey about 2 years ago. After losing 10 lbs I noticed that my thighs were still big and muscular. Recently I stopped doing heavy leg workouts and started doing a lot of cardio. After months of doing cardio, the size of my legs have remained the same. Since I cut out heavy leg workouts, I can't squat as much as I used to. (I used to squat 135 lbs)
It's annoying because no matter how healthy I eat and how much I workout, my thighs won't get any smaller and I can't lose anymore weight.

I need help, I want to get my strength back, but I don't want my thighs to get any bigger.

I want to lose 7 more pounds, but I'm having difficulty with that too. Any tips for me?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Your thighs look fine.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't know if I'm objective enough to answer this, because one of my thighs would crush your whole body.

ETA: Your thighs to me look in good proportion to the rest of you. I don't see how they are huge.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry, but im going to be completely honest with you. Your thighs are not "giant" and the size and shape they are is not because of muscle. It's because of unwanted fat.

I would switch to heavy lifting consistently, and a continued calorie deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are fine.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm objective enough to answer this, because one of my thighs would crush your whole body.

:laugh: :laugh:

OP it's hard to tell from your pic as it's too dark. But your thighs look fine to me. Also some of us are just born with larger than "Normal" thighs, genetics and such.

• Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are not "huge". You are a "pear shape" you can't change your actual body shape per say. If you aren't losing any further weight it's because you are no longer in a calorie deficit. You can't spot reduce.
  • fitmissbliss
    fitmissbliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Girl...embrace those thighs! You look great. Keep them toned and shapely...but some of us ( myself included...and mine are 10000x bigger than yours) just have big legs and booty and hips. It just is. Best thing we can do is work with what we've got and embrace it. :-)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    your thighs are fine. i agree its probably not muscle... its probably fat. mine are the same. but bigger LOL! working with weights will help remedy that and tone it up. that side area (that you think is big) doesnt bulk up without you meaning it to ;) build the muscle, shrink the fat :)

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with your thighs. Nothing is wrong with your weight. However, your perception of your body is wrong. You are seeing flaws where there are none.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Your thighs look to be proportional to the rest of your body. Thigh muscles are the biggest single muscle and are (for obvious reasons) very important to one's general mobility. I would think that you would want to keep as much muscle as possible, so if you are still looking to lose fat (assuming that a drop in your current bf% is still healthy), then continue to lift heavy and eat at a moderate calorie deficit (aim to lose 1/2 lb per week). Patience is important.... and loving your body is important, too. Honesty, if I had your stats, I'd get ready for a long slow bulk cycle. :smile:
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful girl. I'm working on my entire body, I wish I had those thighs. Toning bands/weight training can help you tone if that's what you desire.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    From one woman to another: get out of your own head and stop wishing your body looks like someone else's. You cannot even believe what a huge waste of time this is. Improve what you've got. Your thighs are fine. Go back to lifting weights and stop wishing your life away.
  • jvt63
    jvt63 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ah, youth is wasted on the young. ;) Just kidding. Seriously, your thighs are fine.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Your thighs aren't huge. You have a lovely shape.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I hear liposuction in thighs is only several grand... But really, body shape is body shape. You either need to lower your overall body fat (and thus any fat left in your thighs) or accept that you happen to store more fat in your thighs than, say, your belly.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Can we trade please?! :) your legs are lovely
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did you by chance measure your thighs at the beginning? I bet if you had you would have discovered you have lost inches in your thighs during your weight loss. It probably isn't as much in proportion to the rest of your body but the loss would be all the way around and to you it is not enough to be noticed. It is just your perception.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are a WOMAN. Women have curves! The thigh-gaps you see in the media are photo shopped and are NOT a realistic goal for a healthy woman (or even POSSIBLE for most of us!). Your body is perfect as it is... it's your self-perception and personal worth that need some love and attention now :) Eat healthy to be healthy. You don't need to lose seven pounds and have a thigh gap before you can love yourself or be loved.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nope. You have an enviable figure. I'd trade you in a heartbeat.