Acceptable Late Night Snacks?

Options
I usually try not to eat anything after 8PM, but if my tummy is hungry.... Don't want to go to bed on an empty stomach! I usually like to do a spoonful of peanut butter or maybe some yogurt. But I would like to know about other acceptable snacks to eat at night.

Replies

• clayfield0813
    clayfield0813 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello with or without whip cream. Almonds or any kind of nut you like.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits into your calorie goals is acceptable.
  • OBXgirl130
    OBXgirl130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love almonds! And I'm loving that sugar free jello idea. Thanks!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I usually have either yogurt or cottage cheese. Once in a while an apple with peanut butter. Those are my standards...filling and tasty without being too many calories.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits in your calories is ok.

Lately I have been having pbj on corn thins, or a mounds ice cream bar.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    I've been going with one serving of low-cal yogurt ... carefully weighed.

Or a piece of fruit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Cookies
  • Runnnergirl89
    Runnnergirl89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yasso bars
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about 5 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon followed up with 1 small serving as part of my late night snack.

I just finished actually.

So I mean- "accpetable late night snack" is kind of vague- you're going to have to give us more specifics.

If you're looking for low calorie things- I grab a york peppermint paddy a lot- only 50 cals for one.
  • V2Win1000
    V2Win1000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I go with oxygen and water lol.. But seriously i let my blood stabilize in the 4 hours before bed. Its always been better for my body type since i build and keep muscle easily, but pack fat quite rapidly if im not responsible. This has always allowed me to shred into a much leaner state more quickly, but for even for a different body type its at the least safe to say dont eat carbs with your last meal! Seriously its tried and true. I have an acquaintance who is a model and he eats the amount of carbs he intends to before 6pm and none after, but thats not for everyone.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    V2Win1000 wrote: »
    I go with oxygen and water lol.. But seriously i let my blood stabilize in the 4 hours before bed. Its always been better for my body type since i build and keep muscle easily, but pack fat quite rapidly if im not responsible. This has always allowed me to shred into a much leaner state more quickly, but for even for a different body type its at the least safe to say dont eat carbs with your last meal! Seriously its tried and true. I have an acquaintance who is a model and he eats the amount of carbs he intends to before 6pm and none after, but thats not for everyone.

that's not how that works.

that's not have any of this works.
  • V2Win1000
    V2Win1000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    V2Win1000 wrote: »
    I go with oxygen and water lol.. But seriously i let my blood stabilize in the 4 hours before bed. Its always been better for my body type since i build and keep muscle easily, but pack fat quite rapidly if im not responsible

that's not how that works.

that's not have any of this works.

Haha i did over simplify that, but we are talking leaning out not using the fastest way to check my credit score lol.. Any form of lean protein makes a good late night snack for those who have to snack. Carbohydrates are a bad source of nutrition at later hours because your body uses them to keep energy readily on hand and your at a higher risk of your body storing carbs if yout body is trying to slow your metabolic rate to a level that is consistent with the needs of a body that is sleeping! At that point your body switches to burning the slowest burning form of energy.. Fat. Which happens to be in adequate supply in any protein source you snacked on pre bedtime. I was sparing the science breakdown, but for me getting my macros in when my body needs them most then tapering way down when my body is at its slowest metabolic rate is what shreds out my 8pack and allows my obliques to shred out around them. Intermittent fasting is massively popular right now amongst fitness models, and the results are obviously there, but I don't like to go as far as that technique for my needs.
    Thats exactly how that works lol ;)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Eat what fits into your calories. You will get several asnwers for an "acceptable" snack as it really comes down to personal preference. And there really is no need to stop eating hours before bed unless you have a condition such as acid reflux that will flare at bedtime. Also no need to limit carbs before bed. I always eat my largest meal of the day about an hour or so before bed, carbs included, and have lost 75 pounds. It's about being in a deficit, not the time of day you eat.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This one top I ate pop tarts after 8pm. I woke up fat. You've been warned.
  • OBXgirl130
    Options
    I guess what I meant by "acceptable" would be low carb since I've always heard that it's not good to take in too many carbs right before bed. However it's nice to hear that it is most likely a misconception. Takes away some of the guilt :# Although I do believe that "carb sensitive" is a thing, and I truly believe I am carb sensitive since much of my weight gain tends to hit my stomach before anything else. So let me change it up.

Some "acceptable" snacks with a light to moderate carbohydrate percentage for a carb sensitive person. And thanks guys for replying!
  • OBXgirl130
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I usually eat about 5 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon followed up with 1 small serving as part of my late night snack.

I just finished actually.

So I mean- "accpetable late night snack" is kind of vague- you're going to have to give us more specifics.

If you're looking for low calorie things- I grab a york peppermint paddy a lot- only 50 cals for one.

Oh I love York Peppermint Paddies!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I get cottage cheese and mix it with peanut flour (pb2), cinnamon and sf maple syrup. Add a banana if you want a few more carbs. Sometimes add peanut butter on top also.