State of slim/"the Colorado diet"

Ok! So for those of you interested in joining or are currently in phase 1,2or3- please join my group! Just run a search and I'll invite you.
- State of slim is designed to reset your metabolism In a healthy way by clean eating and lots of exercise. It was developed by the dr's from extreme weight loss. Let's motivate and support each other!

Replies

• WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    I can't find the group, is it active?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    metabolisms don't need rebooting / restarting .. they just are .. and they keep on going

The Doctors from 'extreme weight loss' should be lined up against a wall and have their Hyppocratic oath surgically removed, without anaesthetic .. have you seen the long-term medical issues experienced by the victims of these types of programmes? Or the long-term weights even?

sad things are sad

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Why would anyone do that to themselves? :(

head-desk.png
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Your metabolism doesn't "reset".
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Ok! So for those of you interested in joining or are currently in phase 1,2or3- please join my group! Just run a search and I'll invite you.
    - State of slim is designed to reset your metabolism In a healthy way by clean eating and lots of exercise. It was developed by the dr's from extreme weight loss. Let's motivate and support each other!

Definition? Therein lies the problem. Everyone has their own. You can't 'reset' your metabolism, for one thing. And there is no such thing as 'clean' eating. Unless you are washing all your food before you eat it. 'Lots' of exercise? To someone who never exercises, a walk to the corner store might count as a lot of exercise.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member

"Lots of exercise," by Colorado standards, means climbing 14-ers every weekend. And there is no secret to their diets (except that every once and a while they go to Casa Bonita for a colon cleanse).

Colorado is an awesome state, and yes, it is one of the trimist in the US, but it's a melting pot. Framing a diet around that "culture" is problematic just in the wording because there is none, really. It's just a temperate area with lots of things to do outdoors. It's just a pretty package wrapped around a CICO box.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Is this supposed to be a diet based on Colorado being the slimmest state in the United States? The reason Colorado is slim is because Boulder is slimmest city in the US and it is the population center of Colorado. Now as to why Boulder is slim - oxygen deprivation training. The high elevation means everyone's getting an increased work out just moving around. No cleanses, no magic eating plans, just go buy an elevation training mask and wear it 24/7 if you want a Colorado diet.
    Or move to Colorado and make sure to wear your sunscreen (the elevation also increases UV exposure).
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    As someone that lives in Colorado... My diet consists of pizza, french fries and butter... And I'm losing just fine.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    As someone that lives in Colorado... My diet consists of pizza, french fries and butter... And I'm losing just fine.

LOL- WTG!!!
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    ^^^This with a side of ice cream. I live just outside of Boulder and I have no idea what a Colorado diet is.
  • Iverson222
    Iverson222 Posts: 249 Member
    I've lived in Colorado my whole life and I don't even know what the Colorado diet is. Is it something that can be purchased at one of our infamous "Green" stores? Or perhaps I need to be looking harder at the local Alfalfa's.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    http://www.stateofslim.com/

HAHAHA Dr. Oz endorses it.

The only way you can change your metabolism is by: Getting more active and building muscle.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    dennie24 wrote: »
    ^^^This with a side of ice cream. I live just outside of Boulder and I have no idea what a Colorado diet is.

I'm with you there! I also think our numbers may be skewed because we have so many professional athletes and olympians running around! :)
    It's true. The weather is great and so people are out exercising ALL THE TIME! I may be one of the least fit people in the state. It totally comes down to CICO. We have the same restaurant life as anyone else. We have the same foods in grocery stores. There are absolutely still overweight people knocking around! ;)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Me too.
    I think it's the air here. And beer.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Very strict on what you can eat in the first 2 weeks, "repairing" metabolism, costs money. No thanks. I'll stick to eating what I want and paying nothing. Then what happens after the 16 week diet? I'm surprised there's nothing about smoking dope for a snack. It is the Colorado diet, after all.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/05/study-why-pot-smokers-are-skinnier/275846/
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    http://www.stateofslim.com/

HAHAHA Dr. Oz endorses it.

The only way you can change your metabolism is by: Getting more active and building muscle.

As if it needed to be discredited...more...lol.

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Looks like the idea behind it is to make you really, really, really, really active so you're simply always burning a lot of calories from how active you are.

So, in other words, it's CICO, but putting more emphasis on CO instead of what you typically should focus on, which is CI.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    People move to Colorado not for restaurants or entertainment for for outdoor recreation. Get REALLY into outdoor recreation and make sure you keep in shape for it...and voila, the "Colorado" diet.
  • Reygne
    Reygne Posts: 20 Member
    wow and I thought cafemom was full of mean nasty people