Options
2»

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Reygne wrote: »
    wow and I thought cafemom was full of mean nasty people

These "mean" people are trying to help put others on the path to success that doesn't require overly restrictive diets or paying for unnecessary things. Sure, some people could be less blunt or snarky.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Would it be mean to tell people that gravity is real and you can't follow a special physics plan that lets you jump out of 10 story buildings unhurt? Fad diets promote the same kind of bad reasoning about human biology, people are stating that, sometimes in a snarky way, but that's mostly about entertaining each other as there are about a dozen fad diets posted and put down a day that MFP regulars get bored of the same refutations.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    metabolisms don't need rebooting / restarting .. they just are .. and they keep on going

The Doctors from 'extreme weight loss' should be lined up against a wall and have their Hyppocratic oath surgically removed, without anaesthetic .. have you seen the long-term medical issues experienced by the victims of these types of programmes? Or the long-term weights even?

I'm quoting RabbitJB above you to highlight her answer. How is pointing out the bunkness of a diet plan (promoted by people like Dr. Oz - who has been actually put on trial for being a quack) being "mean" and "nasty"?
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be a diet based on Colorado being the slimmest state in the United States? The reason Colorado is slim is because Boulder is slimmest city in the US and it is the population center of Colorado. Now as to why Boulder is slim - oxygen deprivation training. The high elevation means everyone's getting an increased work out just moving around. No cleanses, no magic eating plans, just go buy an elevation training mask and wear it 24/7 if you want a Colorado diet.
    Or move to Colorado and make sure to wear your sunscreen (the elevation also increases UV exposure).

no dont move to Colorado, so many people already moving here housing prices are ridiculous
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    paris458 wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be a diet based on Colorado being the slimmest state in the United States? The reason Colorado is slim is because Boulder is slimmest city in the US and it is the population center of Colorado. Now as to why Boulder is slim - oxygen deprivation training. The high elevation means everyone's getting an increased work out just moving around. No cleanses, no magic eating plans, just go buy an elevation training mask and wear it 24/7 if you want a Colorado diet.
    Or move to Colorado and make sure to wear your sunscreen (the elevation also increases UV exposure).

no dont move to Colorado, so many people already moving here housing prices are ridiculous
    Maybe the housing price pressure will come down as more states move to legalization?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Would it be mean to tell people that gravity is real and you can't follow a special physics plan that lets you jump out of 10 story buildings unhurt? Fad diets promote the same kind of bad reasoning about human biology, people are stating that, sometimes in a snarky way, but that's mostly about entertaining each other as there are about a dozen fad diets posted and put down a day that MFP regulars get bored of the same refutations.

Well said.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    paris458 wrote: »

Maybe the housing price pressure will come down as more states move to legalization?

I think it has more to do with job opportunity than with legalization. Housing prices where I am have been steadily increasing for decades, to my understanding.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    HAHA OP hasn't replied !
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    HAHA OP hasn't replied !

The OP was posted in March and the poster hasn't logged in for 4 days. I don't think you'll get a response.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

You ain't seen nothing yet...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

What are you seeing in this thread that you would quantify as 'mean and nasty'? All I see is people proving why this silly 'diet' is misleading to those who might think they are finding something that will work.