before or after? discuss!

Options
Saltfae
Saltfae Posts: 82 Member
Do you log your food before you eat or after? I log most of my meals if not my whole day in the morning, or if im workin all day the night before. i find it helps me stick to my healthier choices. What do you prefere?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I usually eat at my computer so I log during lol.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    90 % of the time, I log it before (usually the day before), I do sometimes change a meal off and on, but usually it stays as I put it. I do the same as the above poster too. I sometimes will log my breakfast as I sit at the computer and then fill in the rest of the day in the morning (if I didn't have time to do it the night before) and then there are times that life gets in the way and I have no clue exactly what I will be eating (but keep in mind my values as I go through the day and then fill it in... usually if I am visiting somewhere or invited to go out to eat etc.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    After- but I like to live dangerously!
    -
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I generally pre-log (because planning has gotten me this far), but I play catch-up from time to time too!
  • Saltfae
    Options
    Kymmu wrote: »
    After- but I like to live dangerously!
    -
    You rebel you! So i have one during, one before and one after, we're All over the place!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Usually before. It helps me choose the best option that fits into my day, also let's me know much much of each thing I can eat to get the desired # calories
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Usually after but if I'm making my own recipe I might do it at the same time. That way I can see how large or small a portion I ought to have out of it.
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    After
  • Saltfae
    Options
    After people, how on point are you with your calories? I do it before because id never get my macros and calories right
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day and what I'm doing. I find when I pre-log though, something ALWAYS happens and I have to go back and edit it anyways. So I usually log during or right after I eat.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I log after I eat. I prep most of my food into portions before hand though...I eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I generally tend to be way under in my calories and end up throwing in a can of pop or some "junk" food in order to reach my calorie goal.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Usually after, because that's how I roll. Sometimes I do it before, if I am being extra diligent. But...not always.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I log before if I know what I am going to eat. I will log after if I wasn't near the computer before I ate.
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I usually eat at my computer so I log during lol.

You're too funny. LOL
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I log at least a week in advance. I'm about to start an 8 week cut, so I have several weeks logged at the moment.
  • ameliajane90
    ameliajane90 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I try and log the night before, even on days off and weekends. Mostly because I hate getting to the end of my day and seeing that I only have 25 calories left for dinner! I do change things sometimes though, if I want a different snack or my boyfriend or I are craving a certain meal by dinner time. I usually look at what is there in those situations a a place holder. As in, ok I budgeted for a dinner worth 450 cal (example) if we decide we MUST HAVE PIZZA NOW then I know I only have space for 450 cal worth of pizza.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I found that pre-logging helps me plan what I can have for a snack when I get home from work
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Before, so I know if I can have a bit more meat or veggies if I have calories left.
  • garayjoh
    garayjoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    After,