isagenix

Options
What can one tell me about this besides that it is expensive.

I looked on the site and I can't see anywhere that it tells you that the shakes are replacement meals or what. Or do you just do a shake in the morning. So confused. Is it just another product like Body by Vi

Thanks for the input

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It is basically just another pyramid scheme/scam. Don't waste your money.
  • namaui
    namaui Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can tell you it's the best thing ever . No regrets. I have lost 27 lbs in 3 mos, my husband 47 lbs in 3 months. No exercise either for him. 30 inches and 40 inches. While on the weight loss program 2 replacement meal shakes and healthy snacks during the day and a 400-600 cal meal. Cleanse once a week drinking 4 oz.of cleanse for life drink 4 times a day. Lots of water and snacks provided all day. We are maintaining now with a shake in the morning and healthy eating. I use mfp to track and cleanse once or twice a month. It's not that hard. With any program a change in lifestyle is what it takes. This is our lifestyle.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Voodoo and waste of money! Just track your calories and don't use any shake program. I know a couple of people "coaches" that are not any where close to having the knowledge, credentials or experience in guiding people through weight loss.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What exactly is being "cleansed"?

FWIW, a nurse colleague of mine asked our team's dietician to evaluate the Isagenix program and she said after doing all the calculations that this was a dangerous program. If my memory serves she was especially concerned about the levels of niacin and the risk of toxicity. She said older women prone to hot flashes should definitely avoid it and pretty much everyone else too.

It is a no-brainer that you are going to lose weight on a massive calorie restricted diet. My question to people who go on these things is, "What do you think is going to happen once you start eating again?" Your body has been in extreme starvation mode so your metabolism is going to be completely messed up.

And the weight will pack back on plus more. smh
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Another thing I don't get - if you want to do a crazy shake/low cal weight loss plan, why not just drink regular protein shakes and save a TON of money!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Its a meal replacement shake - like slimfast.

I prefer to eat my calories.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    namaui wrote: »
    I can tell you it's the best thing ever . No regrets. I have lost 27 lbs in 3 mos, my husband 47 lbs in 3 months. No exercise either for him. 30 inches and 40 inches. While on the weight loss program 2 replacement meal shakes and healthy snacks during the day and a 400-600 cal meal. Cleanse once a week drinking 4 oz.of cleanse for life drink 4 times a day. Lots of water and snacks provided all day. We are maintaining now with a shake in the morning and healthy eating. I use mfp to track and cleanse once or twice a month. It's not that hard. With any program a change in lifestyle is what it takes. This is our lifestyle.

Don't you get tired of drinking your shakes and cleansing all the time. Eating real food for the rest of your life is a much better lifestyle, I would think.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Isagenix and similar products are stupid and unnecessary. Save your money and just eat less.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

What exactly are you cleansing?

You may want to read: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse#latest

Also, when you type into Google "Cleanses are" it finishes it with stupid, dangerous, and bad for you. Nothing positive pops up.

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    More like 30 lbs gone from your bank account.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    psthurman wrote: »
    Find what works for you. I was 40lbs over weight, and under the care of a cardiologist. I did lots of reading, spoke to RD's, and talked to my Cardiologist before trying Isagenix. For every person you find that loves it you will find one person who hates it. Google -Isagenix 15 month Skidmore study- you can find great third party info regarding Isagenix. This is the study that made me decide to get my heart healthy with Isagenix.
    It has changed my life. My cardiologist is thrilled.
    #30lbsgoneandhealthy

Well that doesn't at all read like a spambot post.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Find what works for you. I was 40lbs over weight, and under the care of a cardiologist. I did lots of reading, spoke to RD's, and talked to my Cardiologist before trying Isagenix. For every person you find that loves it you will find one person who hates it. Google -Isagenix 15 month Skidmore study- you can find great third party info regarding Isagenix. This is the study that made me decide to get my heart healthy with Isagenix.
    It has changed my life. My cardiologist is thrilled.
    #30lbsgoneandhealthy

Well that doesn't at all read like a spambot post.

Maybe Dr. Oz is their cardiologist?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    No not Dr Oz. Dr Oz is a TV personality. My cardiologist is a Harvard Educated Doctor that supports my weight loss. What works for some may not work for others.
    Isagenix has worked for me.

Dr Oz is also Harvard educated.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is that it is not a good idea. For me, this is about a change for the rest of my life. I've lost once, and regained plus more. This time, I want to keep it off! It took me 6 months to reach my goal weight, and I am developing the eating habits that I never learned when I was younger. Lean proteins, delicious veggies cooked ways that I truly enjoy, proper portion sizes... none of that would I learn if I was drinking meal replacement shakes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Let me put it this way for you.

The reason you and your husband lost weight is because you ate at a calorie deficit. A person can take all the Isagenix they want, but if they don't eat at a calorie deficit they will not lose weight. Likewise, if you eat at a calorie deficit without isagenix, you will lose weight.

Also, there is no reason to cleanse anything at all.

I think you should give the credit to both you and your husband for the hard work you did to lose weight and not to Isagenix.

That said, do you plan on doing Isagenix for the rest of your life?
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I tried Isagenix and did lose weight but it was too restrictive for me to stay on for longer than a few months. And I gained it back. I do like the vanilla protein shake and still have some around. I use it when I need to get more protein in my weekly goals. Tastes better than a ton of protein shakes out there.
  • johnsonGA15
    Options
    I tried something similar to this and honestly it's just too hard to stay on track. But congrats on your success! When I tried something like this there were too many times that I had to eat something when I had no shake or was out with clients. Way too expensive and my life is too unpredictable. I switched to taking Liporidex and I love it. It just helps me stay on track with my diet and has made a huge difference. Check that out and save the stress and your money!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    So you're going to drink the shakes forever? And only eat a meal of 600 calories? FOREVER? If not, it's not a lifestyle change, it's a diet program to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png