People want so desperately to be the exception...

Options

Replies

• Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Common sense like this is not so common these days....but it should be.

:heart:
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Amen sistah
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5xzmd7rgz1qbaj4uo1_400.gif
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Bad Arguers… This is a free template to generate a bad argument message “proving” your pet scheme is not a scam. This is a DO NOT DO list. Don’t complain when you get ridiculed when your argument end up looking like it came out of this generator.

Sentence 1: Pick one of the following –

Lots of hilarious opinions here
    I see a lot of speculation and very little fact
    Bunch of amateur wannabe analysts here.
    You guys have no idea what you’re talking about

Sentence 1.5: (scheme name) is not a scam.

Sentence 2: Pick one or more of the following

Sour grapes — you must be jealous of our success
    You’re not in it— you must be a member to understand us, how it REALLY works
    You just don’t understand us / it / whatever. You don’t have the mindset / positive attitude / training.
    It paid me — and that’s all that matters
    appeal to association with authority — (scheme name) is associated with big names, it can’t possibly be a scam!
    “every thing else is a scam” — social security, federal reserve, IMF, are all scams. Why don’t you go after those?
    anecdotal fallacy — i.e. “It’s not a scam (to me)” and my experience must be the universal truth
    “appeal to age” — (Scheme name) / (Scheme parent company) is X years old! They have to know what they’re doing (to have last this long)!
    “it ain’t a scam unless it’s convicted” — it haven’t been declared illegal (yet!)
    “disgruntled” — you must be bitter from a prior failure
    “Conspiracy” — you must work for a competitor / you’re just out to get hits for your blog / you are the 1% out to keep us 99% poor
    “caveat emptor” — we know what we’re getting into and we don’t like being lectured to!
    “appeal to lack of authority” — You have no reputation and therefore your evidence is worthless and your logic worthless.
    “What’s your problem” — you must have a personal grudge against (Scheme leader) to say bad things about his company
    fairness fallacy — you’re not being fair! You are biased! I demand you to present facts FAVORABLE to (scheme)!
    Pick some other fallacy from fallacyfiles.org

Sentence 3: Pick one of the following:

So go ahead and bash, I’ll be laughing from the bank
    You’re just negative
    Why don’t you just leave us alone
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've definitely seen more defensive posters than attacked ones. But it might just be my perception of the situation.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I attribute a lot of this to the incredible amount of coddling and fawning children have been getting for a couple generations. Everyone instilling the idea that you're special, unique, everyone's a winner, everyone gets a trophy, insulating kids from anything and everything that remotely is negative or not full of sunshine and lollipops.

Then when people reach the real world and try to assimilate they don't understand why they're failing. Why aren't things being handed to them no matter what? Why didn't they get that promotion even though the more qualified person did. Why can't they lose the weight that other person did even though they didn't do 1/10th the work? Etc...

I'm ranting.

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • duqdevil44
    duqdevil44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AMAZING POST!!!!!!!

you're awesome lady!
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    AMAZING POST!!!!!!!

you're awesome lady!

Lol thanks!
  • NickiFlidMonkey
    NickiFlidMonkey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Took me a lot of heartbreaking failures in love, life and health to realise that there are no short cuts, no quick fixes and no guarantees!

I've committed to MYSELF at last and I'm working hard now to make ME a happier person :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Well said! :drinker:
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Agreed!
  • alits
    alits Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well stated and agreed! My weight loss took off when I stopped taking 'weight loss' supplements I thought would help me by listening to the media. I am putting most of my energy into weight lifting and not cardio. I've learned to love it and I am definitely an advocate for this training, yes even for woman =)
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    OP - I THINK I LOVE YOU. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So true!! Well said.

tumblr_mek5w7nbpL1ra4tnt.gif
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Well stated.
    Its frustrating to read so many posts asking what really are good questions, getting good answers...but then the OP rejects all the answers that don't match some idea they already had, because they're special snowflakes.
    Its a steep learning curve. People aren't being mean just because they're telling the truth.

Special Snowflakes!
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You should be a motivation speaker!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! I kind of needed to hear this today!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Baby, "we" who live in the USA have been CONDITIONED for the "quick fix", we are told and conditioned based on our UNIQUENESS, that WE CAN be the Exception. Most people's hope is NOT in a "Higher Power" but in Hope that "It is Them that..." Even these so call "Preachers" preach a "Prosperity TYPE Religion" and people are attracted to it because THEY want to be "The One". Even when people are hurt and kicked in the teeth, they still go for the million to 1 shot, "I did it MY WAY" and all that crap. That is why so many in this country live lives of Quiet Desperation. They do not even have a CLUE of what real Happiness, Joy, Peace and Contentment is. That is why when so many get "the Body" they wanted they are STILL unhappy, or are financially comfortable they are still empty, or eat to push down pain or have all types of sex....No one teaches "US" how to enjoy Life, to Live, Breathe, enjoy a moment, every moment...it always has to be go-go-go or I'm not achieving, or party-party or I'm not happy. It's all a LIE, to condition "US" to build a world for them (that 10%) and when we are done, we are expendable, like now.

There is still HOPE, but it starts with making a New YOU, YOU are the world YOU want...and if YOU don't get that, then...
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Very well put. Some people just can't handle the truth. They just want to live in their own bubble of ideas and ways of seeing things. It's a shame, really.