I wouldn't call it a success story, it's just part one of my journey...

Options
124»

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Your progress really shows! You can get back on track. Thanks for inspiring us to all keep working on ourselves.
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for working so hard to do what is right for your body....you are more than worth it. Now I'll tell you a little story about my son who is 24. He is a special needs child and didn't say 'mama' until he was 4 years old. I homeschooled him and when I taught him to read it was challenging. When I felt he was ready for his first real 'hard bound book' which was a beginning reader, he simply was too overwhelmed to even try. He froze. He was bound by a fear. So, I prayed for wisdom to help him and I got the idea to tell him that if you have to eat an elephant it seems like too much, but if you take one bite at a time, you can do it. I cut out a picture of an elephant and many small squares with his initial on them....one page, one square, to be glued to the paper elephant. That's all I asked. And, as he began gluing each square on he realized the elephant was getting covered and with his little mind understood he could do this. So my encouragement to you is, you have a big goal set, maybe seems overwhelming, but you only have to do one day at a time. Today is the day you work on. You can keep on because you are loving your body and giving it what it needs; it is the right thing to do. Even though you go through a phase where the scale doesn't move, you are slowly building muscle and that muscle will in the future burn your calories more efficiently. You are a winner! Absolutely!!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look like a whole new person and 10 years younger.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thank you @luvforever. I needed a pick-me-up! You look fantastic, can't wait to see more "progress pictures". Be so proud of yourself && keep going!
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WOW! thank you! Its people like you who have lost so much and have really changed their life that keep me going. Make me feel guilty about complaining that losing 50lbs is to hard. I have 26 more to go on my journey and I CAN do this. The struggle is the same for all of us..but you are living proof it can be done and I shouldn't be intimidated by 26 more lbs!! Keep up the awesome work...you ARE an inspiration!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for working so hard to do what is right for your body....you are more than worth it. Now I'll tell you a little story about my son who is 24. He is a special needs child and didn't say 'mama' until he was 4 years old. I homeschooled him and when I taught him to read it was challenging. When I felt he was ready for his first real 'hard bound book' which was a beginning reader, he simply was too overwhelmed to even try. He froze. He was bound by a fear. So, I prayed for wisdom to help him and I got the idea to tell him that if you have to eat an elephant it seems like too much, but if you take one bite at a time, you can do it. I cut out a picture of an elephant and many small squares with his initial on them....one page, one square, to be glued to the paper elephant. That's all I asked. And, as he began gluing each square on he realized the elephant was getting covered and with his little mind understood he could do this. So my encouragement to you is, you have a big goal set, maybe seems overwhelming, but you only have to do one day at a time. Today is the day you work on. You can keep on because you are loving your body and giving it what it needs; it is the right thing to do. Even though you go through a phase where the scale doesn't move, you are slowly building muscle and that muscle will in the future burn your calories more efficiently. You are a winner! Absolutely!!

Beautiful story of encouragement!! Love it. :)
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird, but please don't stop. You are undoubtedly going to achieve what you want. You deserve to. You are worth every step, ache, frustration, and success.

I don't know you, but I am so proud of you. Legitimately.
    Dust off your sneakers, shift this frustration you're feeling into stubborn motivation, and be the BA you obviously are meant to be!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!