elliptcal vs walking?

Options
2»

Replies

• princesstaina
    Options
    I love using the elliptical. I find it very fun and motivating to me as a person who hates to be active.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sallyn04-keep moving forward and you'll get to where you want to be. Everyone has their own pace and I think its important to remember to just move.
    Dallas-Queen-sorry for the insensitive janitor but what a progress you made!! You made me think of my elliptical in a different light, now, Thank you.
  • wbplummer
    wbplummer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the elliptical gets me 4500 steps. I use the cross country program and I like it a lot. Burns more calories than walking and I sweat more and feel the workout.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical more often because I have a bad knee, and it's not as hard on my knee as the treadmill. When I do use the treadmill, I have to go at a slower pace because of my knee, so in 30 minutes, I get about 3500-4000 steps. On the elliptical, I can get up to 5000 steps in 30 minutes.
    I agree with what's been suggested...just make small changes that add up. Park further away from the door, take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk in place at your desk, etc.
  • NikiMG1681
    NikiMG1681 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Lots of excuses.
    I would say that working 4 10's and 2 hours of commuting a day aren't "excuses," but "life."

• NikiMG1681
    NikiMG1681 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    pyrowill wrote: »
    If you have time for the eliptical surely you have time for walking? Real life.....less excuses please.

When she gets home it's probably dark out! I know when I get home it is!

• beachbriel
    beachbriel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Use the elliptical when you can and take into consideration that it can burn up to 2x as much calories if you hit it hard and do intermittent intensity (short bursts of going all out). So, maybe you did 9,000 steps but got in the extra workout to compensate for the last 1,000. I wouldn't get too caught up in the numbers, but focus on increasing it today, day by day. This consistency has been key for me.