Got a mean look at the gym? Gym ettiquette?

Options
124»

Replies

• KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    so today at the gym, this old cranky lady told me I need to wear clothes that made me look skinnier because I needed all the help I could get.... just shrug it off...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    so today at the gym, this old cranky lady told me I need to wear clothes that made me look skinnier because I needed all the help I could get.... just shrug it off...

:o She really said that? That's terrible. I hope you do really shrug that off.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I had never been a gym goer in my life until I started 2 years ago at age 47. I was the old fat guy. I perceived some looks from some of the regulars. After a while I realized that NONE of them were giving me a thought, much less a look. It was just me feeling intimidated and out of place, looking for all the people who were "laughing at me". Now I am a regular, still old, still fat, but I love those peeps.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Were you slinging sweat?
    Were you arguing with the book author (yes, I’ve done that, and cursed during)?
    Were on his elliptical (I named mine Martha)?
    Were you working harder than him?

Since the answer to all of this is likely no (except for maybe the last one, and he wouldn’t care), your are probably overthinking this.

Thank you Allan, for my laugh for the day... was it Martha as in Martha Stewart = perfectionist?? lol

It was Martha because that was just the old lady name that popped in my head when I realized I’d spent more time on the elliptical in three months than I’d spent with a woman in a year. Having a date with Martha was just a good inside joke. When I traveled for work, I met Bertha, Jude and Ruth depending on what town I was in. Martha and I had an open relationship.