Discouraged...why do I even work out 3-4 times a week for hour or more!?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Sorry you CAN lose weight directly from calories burned, its not much different from food not eaten. Exercise can be highly valuable for that and increasing metabolism.

The thing that people forget is you have to do a lot of it and tbh most people overestimate the amount they do and the effort they put in. They then use inflated numbers from some of MFP or some machine readings which has the potential to be inaccurate.

If you do enough then calories burned can be a real boon.

Agree with Allanmisner on points 2 and 4.

Sure you can...but for long term success I think it is really important to understand point 1 as well...basically diet for weight control, exercise for fitness.

As an example, I ride my *kitten* off and I hit the weight room 3x weekly...I've done this while losing weight, maintaining weight, and gaining weight in my most recent bulk...the difference between those weight control objectives was my consumption, not what or how much exercise I was doing.

I would also say that finding a fitness purpose that goes beyond just trying to burn calories opens up so many doors and most people find it to be much more enjoyable to get out there and do their thing...that's my experience anyway.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a response. I'm am now really confused. I've been logging in here since Feb 2012 every day.
    Yes I measure my food.
    Yes I log all of it the good and the bad
    I use a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor at my gym and it's pretty a curate and I input my own cals burned in her and not use MFP ones that are over inflated.
    I went from 280 pounds in Feb 2102 to around 126 pounds April
    Yes I had weight loss surgery Gastric Sleeve after being obese my entire life. I weighed almost 11 pounds at birth and been fat entire life. I've tried every diet there is before wls. It is usual for wls patients to gain 10 to 15 % back after they quit loosing and go to into maintenance due to raising their calorie intake.
    I do exercises I like at the gym. If I didn't like them I wouldn't go or do them.
    I was taking my measurements and pics when I was loosing weight but haven't lately. Pants fit tighter so I don't think I'm gaining muscle as some say.
    1300 cals is about the right amount fore due to wls. I can only eat so much at a meal or snack. I eat the meals a day and have Am and afternoon snack and sometimes pm snack if I worked out that day.

Thanks for all the posts.
    More confused than before I posted this !!!!
    Was just seeking some help and guidance is all.

Please don't say I took the easy way out having WLS. It is far from easy before during and after. I have no regrets having it except that I waited till I was 50 years old to have it done after being morbidly obese my entire life.