I always have calories left over ???? not losing weight ???

Options
I eat 3 meals about 200-300 calories, and snack a couple times a day always under 150... At the end of the day I ALWAYS have at least 200 calories left & the app says I'm not eating enough but I'm not hungry & it's ushally around midnight when I complete the day... So I figured I'd be losing more weight but I've stopped losing weight !!!! No lost 10 pounds and for 2 weeks I haven't changed an ounce !!! I walk 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes.... Any advice ???

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You are eating more than you think. Read the forum for 100's of posts like this.
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I eat 3 meals about 200-300 calories, and snack a couple times a day always under 150... At the end of the day I ALWAYS have at least 200 calories left & the app says I'm not eating enough but I'm not hungry & it's ushally around midnight when I complete the day... So I figured I'd be losing more weight but I've stopped losing weight !!!! No lost 10 pounds and for 2 weeks I haven't changed an ounce !!! I walk 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes.... Any advice ???

What are the grams you are eating for protein, fat, and carbs?

900 calories is not a lot either.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It would help if we could see your diary,
    and it would help if we knew more about you: height, age, current weight, current calorie goal, stuff like that.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Exercise more. Half an hour a day of walking is barely 100 calories. I can practically starve myself and won't lose an ounce, but when I exercise at least three miles of walking a day plus some other exercises, it starts falling off. 2-1/2 hours of exercise a week isn't cutting it.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    "Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

That being said, 1200 cal isn't enough unless you're pretty short &/or slim.
    Yes, it's the minimum for an average-size woman to get the nutrients she needs.

You're probably eating more than you think,
    and 30 min/day is what you need to _maintain_ weight.
    Might have to do twice that (or more) to lose it.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Exercise is not needed to lose weight.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    mom2ava07 wrote: »

It's all about combating dementia.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    mom2ava07 wrote: »

It's all about combating dementia.

haha true story!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • beautyzlight
    Options
    Exercise more. Half an hour a day of walking is barely 100 calories. I can practically starve myself and won't lose an ounce, but when I exercise at least three miles of walking a day plus some other exercises, it starts falling off. 2-1/2 hours of exercise a week isn't cutting it.

I agree

• beautyzlight
    Options

You need to have about 400 calls for lunch n dinner.... breakfast about 300. Snacks 100-150.

Work out 6 days a week. 1 he cardio and every other day 40 min weights and 25 min cardio. That's what I did and in 5 months I lost 40 lbs

• RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I would say you are not eating enough. 200-300 calories is a snack, or at best a light meal. make a meal heavy. The body will run more efficiently if it is getting less food coming in (generally). Therefore, your metabolism has slowed. Kickstart your metabolism by eating more than you are.

While exercise is not necessary to lose weight, it has many residual effects. But those residual effects are related to the intensity of the workout. Walking doesn't make you work for it, because we walk everywhere. the body is used to it. Walking on level ground doesn't get your heart rate up as much as walking on an incline, or running. So try to deviate from your normal walking routine.

All I got for ya.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, take a look and you'll see that, though sometimes I forget, I weigh my food in grams when I can. Food scales are a life saver when you -think- you're being good, but you're really not.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    and you'll see that, though sometimes I forget, I weigh my food in grams when I can.

Your diary has no credibility.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, take a look and you'll see that, though sometimes I forget, I weigh my food in grams when I can. Food scales are a life saver when you -think- you're being good, but you're really not.

^^^Yep^^^
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    and you'll see that, though sometimes I forget, I weigh my food in grams when I can.

Who are you???????

• ncboiler89
    Options

Who are you???????

If someone says they weigh sometimes but sometimes they forget how much info can be gleaned from their diary?

"I suck at logging but please look at my diary and see where I can improve".
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

You need to have about 400 calls for lunch n dinner.... breakfast about 300. Snacks 100-150.

Work out 6 days a week. 1 he cardio and every other day 40 min weights and 25 min cardio. That's what I did and in 5 months I lost 40 lbs

so you are saying she should only eat 850 calories a day and work out 6 days a week????

whhhhaaaaaatttttt???

the derp is real