I always have calories left over ???? not losing weight ???

2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    op - do you use a food scale to weight all solids?
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    and you'll see that, though sometimes I forget, I weigh my food in grams when I can.

Your diary has no credibility.

Who are you???????

If someone says they weigh sometimes but sometimes they forget how much info can be gleaned from their diary?

"I suck at logging but please look at my diary and see where I can improve".

I think the proof is a 57lb loss in about 8 months. Soooo. :smiley: No one is perfect, but you can see when I measure in grams.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    and you'll see that, though sometimes I forget, I weigh my food in grams when I can.

Who are you???????

If someone says they weigh sometimes but sometimes they forget how much info can be gleaned from their diary?

I think the proof is a 57lb loss in about 8 months.

That is great! Keep it up!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Your other thread says you've lost ten pounds.
  • ogmomma2012

Who are you???????

I think the proof is a 57lb loss in about 8 months.

That is great! Keep it up!

Thank you! :smile: I won't deny that sometimes it's hard to log accurately, but I do log every day, even the super crap days. It's a habit I don't wanna shake! :smile:
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    2 weeks isn't really enough time to tell if you've hit a plateau. Water retention alone can make you think that you're making no progress, and then one day you step on the scale and you're down 4-5 lbs.

What is your current deficit, that you are eating so little?
  • Artladyla
    Artladyla Posts: 5 Member
    What you eat and when you eat matters. Eating more increases your metabolism. Eating less makes your metabolism slow down. It goes into starvation mode. Try eating more during the day with your bigger meals at breakfast and lunch. Try not eating past 6pm. Walk an additional 15 mins per day at a brisk pace. Eliminating foods with gluten (breads and pastas) may help. Good luck.
  • ogmomma2012
    Artladyla wrote: »
    What you eat and when you eat matters. Eating more increases your metabolism. Eating less makes your metabolism slow down. It goes into starvation mode. Try eating more during the day with your bigger meals at breakfast and lunch. Try not eating past 6pm. Walk an additional 15 mins per day at a brisk pace. Eliminating foods with gluten (breads and pastas) may help. Good luck.

Nope.
  • ncboiler89

Please post your credentials for making such a claim. Not saying you are wrong but if you have the credentials you are a great source of information.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

Please post your credentials for making such a claim. Not saying you are wrong but if you have the credentials you are a great source of information.

yeah, no. I'm not buying it....
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    I'm actually confused here. Who's thread is this?
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Weigh your food OP, you're taking in more cals than you think. Spoon/ cup measuring isn't accurate for solids. I just started with a food scale and I was shocked at how much I was underestimating my solids.
  • ncboiler89

Me either but I was just giving him a chance.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member

So much nope.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    edited March 2015
    I can't believe the amount of people who reply to these threads saying 'You need to eat more'. The question is always why the OP is not losing weight, so eating more is not the answer. If they are not losing then they are eating too much.

Health aside, if people are in a deficit they will lose weight. And posts about metabolism are all rubbish. CICO.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member

Me neither!