Body Wraps please stop the insanity

Options
There is a facebook page I was following for a while - she mostly just posted sarcastic ecards and such. Funny girl..anyways yesterday she posted that her friend is selling body wraps and went on and on about how wonderful they are and wants all of her (35k) fans to try it. I responded that the body wraps do not cause you to lose any fat....and any inches lost is only temporary. she went back and forth with me about how this is not a gimmick and she really did lose weight and inches using them - then admitted she was also dieting and exercising. Well needless to say she blocked me from the page and deleted all my comments! WHY would anyone with half a brain believe that wrapping yourself in saran wrap burns calories/fat???

I have had several of my friends post about body wraps. From what I can tell by the little bit of research I did was that it can be good for your skin but it absolutely has no way of "detoxifying" your body or making you lose fat.

I can tell you to create a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day everyday for 6 months, at the same time crush up Lucky Charms and snort them up your nose and I will guarantee results.

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I agree. Seems like a miracle gimmick to me.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Cuz they are tards! Let them waste their money!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Was it called violate somthing? By any chance
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Was it called violate somthing? By any chance

Was what called violate?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Money
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    They're useful if you want to lose water weight for a specific even the next day. Some people use them for that. <shrug> That's all I got. Other than that they just seem like a silly waste of money.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    There is a wrap with chemicals in that works different to body wraps it brakes down and burns fat cells after the wrap for 3 days but very expensive its called shrinking violate wraps or something but dosant work like normal wraps wrre they just drain you of water and then you gain it back the second you have a sip of water haha x
  • JuicyGyrl
    JuicyGyrl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've tried the body wraps and you lose inches which is mainly fluid. It does leave your skin feeling nice and smooth tho. I will say that they work best when combined with eating healthy and working out. It is definitely a gimmick that they want to people to believe works. Its sad that people actually fall for it and spend hundreds of dollars before they realize its not working. Poor them. SMH
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of weight loss pages that I follow and one allows distributors of various to advertise on her page. It's not too bad as long as you are not looking at the posts by others, but I have found that once I started commenting or liking any of the actual page's posts I was getting friend requests and messages from various distributors. I just found it odd that someone would promote healthy weight loss and then allow others to post their deals on diet pills and wraps and be okay with them soliciting their followers.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    those who are desperate for something will always drink the kool aid. I have a few girlfriends who sell them too. I don't buy into it but I have to admit they are great sales girls.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    There is a wrap with chemicals in that works different to body wraps it brakes down and burns fat cells after the wrap for 3 days but very expensive its called shrinking violate wraps or something but dosant work like normal wraps wrre they just drain you of water and then you gain it back the second you have a sip of water haha x

There is no wrap that burns fat cells. None. Ever. Any where
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If being skinny was as easy as a wrap or a pill, we would all be skinny already.

'nuff said
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    HEY!!! :grumble:

Why are you after me Lucky Charms!? :angry: :laugh:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

But if i cover cling film with a mixture of olive and coconut oil and then wrap myself up tight i will lose 20 pound every 10 minutes i wear it.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    HEY!!! :grumble:

Why are you after me Lucky Charms!? :angry: :laugh:

:laugh: Silly Leprechaun!
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    UGH! The wraps do the same thing as if you were to put preparation H on your stomach. It temporarily (key word there) shrinks the skin down, and in a couple of days it springs right back!

Diet and exercise people!! :)
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options

TOTALLY UNTRUE...with every dollar spent on the wrap, the consumer burns away every fat cell of their wallet
  • stevenbatl
    stevenbatl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It seems crazy to us that people believe that they are losing fat, but we've taken the time to research health related topics. Without the proper knowledge, people will believe anything. Don't forget that people honestly believed in witches and that the world was flat! We all know that they are simply losing water weight which is temporary. I hope the people drink a lot of water after doing something like that. I put this in the same category as the water and cayenne pepper "diet." It's a gimmick and provides nothing in the end. At least with wraps, the spas usually put a lot of stuff on your skin before the wrapping process, so you'll probably end up with softer skin. I'd say to just put on some good lotion and eat better. If those people want to sweat a lot and lose real inches, they need do some exercise. lol
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Some people are desperate or dumb. Even if you are a tiny bit slimmer for one night no one is going to notice that little bit of water weight gone, just you. Waste of money.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i must say i like the universal one - although its temporary, it did get me into a dress i wanted to wear for a friends wedding. don't know about the US but over here everyone is raving about the shrinking violet wrap (which my friend did to me as she had just done the training course) - this one definitely does not work. i didn't lose any weight at all the week i had it and i've been consistently losing - this might obviously have been a coincidence.

i think they are okay if you just want to pamper yourself but no good for weight loss.

(incidentally, the girls measurements and my own were markedly different - with her saying i had lost and mine saying i remained the same(the shrinking violet one))