I appear to be unique and my search produced no results :(
    Well, rabbits are unique, didn't you know? :D

I also have a dear friend named Rabbit, and here she is to say hi:

9b79edca8fc2fe9c7c402f9c13169f7e.jpg

The-Rarely-Seen-Crazy-Bunny-Meme.jpg

Love it!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Somebody must have carrots in her purse!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Metruis wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You should put yourself in then!

And the site just made me feel bad about myself. Yeesh. Yeah, screw my 135 goal, I need to get down to like 110 to look good... ergh... so that's like 115 more pounds to go. Although I lift weights so chances are 135 will look fine.

Since you're lifting now, you may look great even higher than 135lb. Benefits of lifting
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    aggelikik wrote: »
    I do not really understand what this site proves? That people of similar weight, height and body type look more or less the same? Isn't it like looking in the mirror?

I totally didnt get those results...and there arent even that many women in my height range across weights to check out! Even with that, everyone did not look the same. I found it interesting actually, how two people of the same height and weight could look so different based on factors like body shape (pear, straight, hourglass, apple) and also based on whether they are fit or not.

I definitely notice that the more fit women look *a lot smaller* at the same weight as the women who are not fit.
    So, apparently I'm different because there were three pictures that showed up for the height/age/weight I am, and all said pant sizes that were at least a couple smaller sizes than me. Good to know I must be bigger than most people who weigh what I weigh.

Gonna have to give this website a :-1:

Awe dont feel like that...I run into that too. But that is the difference between a woman who carries her weight in her upper body or in her stomach, and one who carries it in their lower body. I see pics of women my height and weight, but they wear a couple sizes smaller than me...but I dont feel bad because while they may be able to wear smaller pants, I notice I have a more defined waist and smaller upper body than they do. Which I prefer...not in a negative to them, just something I like about myself and being a pear shape. I dont mind the trade-off.

No matter how much weight I lose, i will always wear a bigger pant size than a woman of similar weight / height if shes a straight or apple pear shape..because booty. LOL
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I find it interesting but not too informative, at least not in a useful way. I've never found somebody with a similar shape/build. But it's kind of entertaining.
  • PharmGirl522
    PharmGirl522 Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've actually contributed to it. It's a great project!

It has confirmed that my current weight, and goal weight, are perfectly reasonable. I often have people tell me that my goal should be as much as 50 pounds below where it is. Nope!

Oh god, I know. Since I'm only 5', I have had so many people tell me that I "need" to weigh just above 100 pounds. At my lowest weight, I was 140 pounds and I looked absolutely fabulous (if I do say so myself, and I do). I was wearing a size 7 in pants and a small in a shirt. These "ideal weight" charts and all that garbage...well, they're just that. Garbage. Everyone is different. If I dropped to 100 pounds (or even 110) I would look skeletal, and I don't need (or want) that.

I'd also like to throw in my own love for mybodygallery.com. Love that site SO much.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

yeah me too LOL ive looked a few times in the past. although, it does confirm that my primary goal weight should look good! LOL!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »
    I do not really understand what this site proves? That people of similar weight, height and body type look more or less the same? Isn't it like looking in the mirror?

I totally didnt get those results...and there arent even that many women in my height range across weights to check out! Even with that, everyone did not look the same. I found it interesting actually, how two people of the same height and weight could look so different based on factors like body shape (pear, straight, hourglass, apple) and also based on whether they are fit or not.

I guess I am a boring height, weight and size, all the photos looked pretty much the same ...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    You know what real women look like? Real women. They are all around you. There's no ideal. I hate the use of "real" when searching for a goal weight or perfect body type.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I got two pages of search results. A few women looked very similar to me and one woman was spot-on, we could be twins (body-wise).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    You know what real women look like? Real women. They are all around you. There's no ideal. I hate the use of "real" when searching for a goal weight or perfect body type.

All of this.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

They mean as opposed to photoshopped women. That website is actually great for that, you can see the athletic, and the not so athletic at the same weight, different women, different body shapes, all real, none photoshopped into some perceived perfection.

I love that website. I actually happen to be right around average in size for my weight according to photos there, so it helps me shop for clothes since I tend to order online at every weight milestone. It also helped me identify my goal weight based on average looks of women there around my height, I appear to be drawn to the shape of the women between 140-150, closer to 150.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    I like the site too...it's interesting to look at your weight and then a few pounds less to see what the future might look like!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member

did you even look at the site?
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    edited March 2015
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I knew I wouldn't get any matches. Size small shirt, size 14 pants, 5'2", 160lbs. Yep, I'm unique!

Edit: Also just looked up my goal (which I have been at before so I know everything already) small shirt, size 12 pants, 5'2", 130lbs. One person. XD

More edit: Ok, I put in size 10 pants, because they fit me at 125lbs and there were a whole 3 people! Shout out to short people with massive hips!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    randomtai wrote: »

All of this.

Yes, but that's the point of the site. It shows real women. Of EVERY size. Some have big breasts, some have wide hips, some have visible muscles, some have back fat, some have protruding hips, some have a thigh gap....all at the same height and weight! The benefit of the site is that it shows that we come in all shapes and sizes and just because you don't see someone who matches your stats in a magazine doesn't mean there arent many women around the world who are built like you, carry weight like you, and fit in the clothes you do. It's actually very non-normative in its approach. Quite refreshingly.

The beauty of the site is that it shows that real women (actual real women, not the "real"=some idea some one person THINKS is body-positive) carry weight very differently. At my height, I see women who look "like me" in about a 40 pound range! I see women at my goal weight who look like me, and women at my starting weight who also seem to look like me...it shows just how silly "numbers on a scale" are for measuring our fitness and health.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I enjoyed looking at women in my age range and the interesting belly lumps they'd earned in a lifetime. I am pretty sure I spotted some laporiscopic scars there. That was like looking in a mirror. For me, gratifying.
  • jyshma
    jyshma Posts: 4 Member
    im tall but dont carry weight well like you would expect for a tall girl. i look much fatter than nearly every person on that site of my height and weight.
  • projecthotbel
    projecthotbel Posts: 32 Member
    I am wondering if most people on the site are not very honest. My stats and my goal stats are mostly bigger than I expected.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I enjoyed looking at women in my age range and the interesting belly lumps they'd earned in a lifetime. I am pretty sure I spotted some laporiscopic scars there. That was like looking in a mirror. For me, gratifying.

That's really cool :) I'm glad you were able to find a kind of validation or reassurance in those pictures :)