What real women look like

Replies

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    I've put a few pics on there as I've lost weight but haven't done so recently. The one thing I find curious is the body shape thing. It seems like no one wants to claim being an apple.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    You know what real women look like? Real women. They are all around you. There's no ideal. I hate the use of "real" when searching for a goal weight or perfect body type.

did you even look at the site?

I did. Guess what? They can't match my body type. Not one picture of anyone that matches me. Not until I change the age range and body shape. Well, that's not matching me, then... is it? And it's not very realistic.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I didn't find any matches for me.

I put in 5"8, hourglass, 140lbs. I did put in size 2 as I'm Australian size 8. Not 100% sure if that was correct. Does anyone know? I thought I was pretty average.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Those of you not finding matches, do not try to match body type. They are self-entered and not at all accurate IMHO.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Ummm, it's a website where women contribute their pictures, it's obviously incomplete. Why is everyone getting their panties in a twist all of a sudden?
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    You know what real women look like? Real women. They are all around you. There's no ideal. I hate the use of "real" when searching for a goal weight or perfect body type.

did you even look at the site?

I did. Guess what? They can't match my body type. Not one picture of anyone that matches me. Not until I change the age range and body shape. Well, that's not matching me, then... is it? And it's not very realistic.

Maybe you should contribute a picture so other people can see what your body type at your height and age and weight looks like. It's incomplete because it relies on picture donations.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member

I put in 5"8, hourglass, 140lbs. I did put in size 2 as I'm Australian size 8. Not 100% sure if that was correct. Does anyone know? I thought I was pretty average.

Also I think AUS 8 = US 4. I find it's less helpful to put in clothing size though. YMMV
  • Christine_72

Also I think AUS 8 = US 4. I find it's less helpful to put in clothing size though. YMMV

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    kmccann357 wrote: »
    Ugh, It just makes me feel worse about myself. 5ft 7in, 150lbs section (the only one that showed an image despite me being 155), 34 hips, small top... only a few photo's.. need to lose a lot more weight!

You have 34" hips?
  • Sarauk2sf
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I appear to be unique and my search produced no results :(

Mine didn't either.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Yeah, clothing size is meaningless. Depending on brand and how long ago I got the clothes (ie era of vanity sizing) and whether its a dress or a pair of jeans... I can be anywhere from an 8 to a 14.

I only do the matching by height, weight and body shape. But not a lot of women at my height, so I also sometimes leave off body shape, just to see the whole range for other ladies my height / weight.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    2.gif
    Polite Reminder

Dear Posters,
    Please be sure to keep all replies in good nature, attacking other members is against the community guidelines and just as importantly creates an atmosphere within an awesome community that doesn't need creating.

If you disagree with a discussion or reply, you are always best moving on to one in which you agree with or feel to be able to make a positive contribution to.

If you feel another member is in breach of our community guidelines then please use the 'report' feature found on each discussion topic and each reply so that the moderation team can look and take appropriate action where necessary.

Have an awesome day/evening!

Adam, MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • ZiggySquish
    ZiggySquish Posts: 87 Member
    I'm glad I found this website, it's refreshing! I will contribute to it, and it helped me decide on a new goal weight of 130-140, and that I need to start lifting!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Error found: 0 results Lol :|
  • Christine_72
    Check out this one. It shows you a computer generated model of how you might look at your goal weight.

http://www.modelmydiet.com/

• ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    At first glance, oh dear God, no. Then, later pics match the ones I took of myself. I kind of agree with Projecthotbel. Some pics are not remotely close to the posted weight/pant size that I have experience with AND taking into account body shape.

I had a better reaction to my goal weight pics. There were a few that looked very close to what I think of myself after losing and heavy lifting. They looked better, actually. I'd be over the moon to be close!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    I liked the site, though they only had two photos that matched my specs. While I did think they could maybe lose weight, I did not react towards their photos with the disgust that I react towards mine.

On a side note, why are certain replies here blocked with what look like bars and a keyhole? Is this just my app that is doing this?
  • Christine_72
    @IamUndrCnstruction‌ the padlocks mean the poster has had warnings for naughty behaviour. If you go on a computer you can read their posts there, as the bars only cover the profile pic. It's very annoying when you're on your phone!!! :grumble:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I enjoyed looking at women in my age range and the interesting belly lumps they'd earned in a lifetime. I am pretty sure I spotted some laporiscopic scars there. That was like looking in a mirror. For me, gratifying.

I've got ten scars on my belly and I can't imagine ever taking an unclothed picture, much less sharing it! That's pretty brave.
  • Sarauk2sf
    @IamUndrCnstruction‌ the padlocks mean the poster has had warnings for naughty behaviour. If you go on a computer you can read their posts there, as the bars only cover the profile pic. It's very annoying when you're on your phone!!! :grumble:

I did not realize that you could not see them from the phone. The inconsistency is a little odd.