87 Days of Using MFP :P (lots of Pics)

Options
shadow2soul
shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
Well today is day 87 of using MFP and I decided that I have some progress pictures that are actually worth sharing. :tongue:

CW: 194lbs
GW: 135lbs
Height: 5'4.5"

I don't have very many pictures of me at my highest weight, but I will share what I do have. I actually started working on my weight last year @ 260lbs and 6 weeks after having a c-section. I had to renew my drivers license last year (about 4 weeks after c-section) and I was utterly disturbed by my picture. In my previous picture, I had been thin and even my passport picture is of the thin me. You could say this picture is what actually set things in motion.

2hz5r9u.jpg

I couldn't believe how I'd let my self gain so much weight. There was no excuse for it. I don't have any medical issues that affect my metabolism. I'm not depressed. I was just lazy and drinking way too much soda (at least 2-2liters a day...before pregnancy I didn't drink soda while pregnant). My eating habits were just plain horrible (again before pregnancy...during pregnancy I was seeing a dietitian). I was completely lacking in all the nutrients my body needs and this of course resulted in me always feeling tired.
This is the closest thing I have to a full body picture. It was take Dec 25, 2011, 2 days after my c-section, and the first time I got to hold my son.
fnv3g5.jpg

I discovered MFP's phone app in November 2012. I created an account and played around with it for a bit, but decided not to use it at the time. I didn't think that calorie counting was the thing for me.

Starting March 13 of this year, I decided that I should go ahead and try using MFP to help me lose weight. I was 218lbs the day I decided to start calorie counting. I am pleased to say that I have logged every day since then. I have actually discovered that I enjoy counting calories and that it isn't as big of a pain as I originally thought it would be. I didn't decide to start taking progress pictures till March 30.

So March 30 compared to today:

fnble8.jpg
2niw6ev.jpg
**Today's picture was taken 30 mins after waking up**

And May 2 compared to today:

a2yer7.jpg

Replies

• justaynp
    justaynp Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! Well done! I can only hope to accomplish a fraction of what you have.
  • kniknaack
    kniknaack Posts: 32
    Options
    Great job!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is awesome. Congratulations!!!
  • alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing difference in such a short time!
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    You look amazing! Nicely done:-)
  • atraylor2
    atraylor2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow that is sooo amazing! This just gave me extra motivation!(:
  • hollyquilt
    hollyquilt Posts: 14
    Options
    OMG!!! you are wonderful! I am soooo inspired! thanks!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :happy:

I don't always feel like I'm making progress, but pictures seem to show otherwise. I still have a long way to go, but I'll get to my goal someday.:drinker:

Goodluck to everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Wooly_I_am
    Wooly_I_am Posts: 109
    Options
    Good work! :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! on your way..... I can't wait for the third pic.......:flowerforyou:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Looking great, congratulations!!

And... I'm sorry but I LOLed at Cookie Monster's Derp Face in the very last pic. Hahaha... ♥

Best of luck!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great ! Thank you for posting, it's so inspiring to hear of other people's success.

And BTW I love the before pic of you with your baby -that smile on your face is so beautiful!
  • ppdes
    ppdes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your transformation is clearly noticeable. And within 3 months!! thats a HUGE motivation....
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Shadow2soul, on your weight loss to date. Wow, you look great & the transformation in just three months is just so incredible. Keep up the great job!
  • superlittlekatie
    superlittlekatie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look great! Thanks so much for posting the pictures - it's very motivating. Keep up up the great work! :)
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and what a great start on all of this,
    keep at it ,

i cant wait to see cookie monster look like he has become a Mini dress.!!
  • jblackjr
    jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a huge difference! Seeing stories like yours really inspires. Its always amazing to see people like yourself with such a huge weightloss. I honestly beleive losing weight is one of the hardest things for a person to accomplish and seeing someone with results like yours is simply awe-inspiring.
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you betta work girl!!!! luv it!!!! congrats...keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration. I love that you didn't use any excuses and just got on with it!

You've got a great figure!

Well done!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You've had a massive change in body shape from the weight you have lost so far. You should be really proud of what you have achieved. Onwards and upwards (or downwards as the case maybe for weight :laugh: ) from here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!