Hi....1st day on Fitness Pal!

Options
2»

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    easomgirl wrote: »
    I think we all have to be patient and realise there are no quick fixes!

This one statement is the best to remember when things aren't going as we expect. Those of us who have gained weight didn't do so overnight, so there's no reason to believe we'll be able to lose it overnight either!
  • easomgirl
    easomgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    easomgirl wrote: »
    I think we all have to be patient and realise there are no quick fixes!

This one statement is the best to remember when things aren't going as we expect. Those of us who have gained weight didn't do so overnight, so there's no reason to believe we'll be able to lose it overnight either!

I know I feel like I've eaten well for about a week I should have lost loads but it doesn't work like that unfortunately!!

Now is a good time to be starting and try to be methodical and steady so can be a bit lighter for the summer!

I've never been in a forum before bug hopefully this will help me with starting on track a bit better. If I fall off the wagon I'm going to post it here and admit it and try get straight back on it!
  • Amml55
    Amml55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose. ..I have been on and again with this app over the yrs. This time I'm going to apply it to my everyday. Both feet in this time. Are you with me? :D
  • easomgirl
    Options
    Amml55 wrote: »
    Hi Rose. ..I have been on and again with this app over the yrs. This time I'm going to apply it to my everyday. Both feet in this time. Are you with me? :D

Yes let's do this?? How much do you want to loose??
  • 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The best way to do it is to set a goal and then work towards it one day at a time.
  • easomgirl
    Options
    1JoshG wrote: »
    Welcome! The best way to do it is to set a goal and then work towards it one day at a time.

Thank you. Yes I am doing Diet Chef for 28 days so hopefully that will give me the kickstart I need!!
  • paulp398
    paulp398 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I started on fitness pal yesterday. I've set myself a target of losing 78lbs. Seemed pretty daunting but after reading through some of the success stories on here I am feeling a lot more positive.
  • easomgirl
    Options
    paulp398 wrote: »
    Hi, I started on fitness pal yesterday. I've set myself a target of losing 78lbs. Seemed pretty daunting but after reading through some of the success stories on here I am feeling a lot more positive.

Good for you! I guess you just have to break it down and instead of thinking 78 pounds maybe break it down into how much you want to loose a week and then you can monitor your goal weekly and that's motivating when you hit it at the end of every week! What's your plan to achieve this... Have you completely changed your diet?