If you miss pizza, this is a great substitute.

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I like the flat outs too. You were right. Key is to lightly toast the tortilla or flatbread so it won't be so soggy.

So glad the toasting idea was shared... that is something that never occurred to me... definitely gonna be a fix for my sometimes soggy crust ;)

If I'm using a flat out or a pita, sometimes it also helps to preheat a cookie sheet in the over until it's very hot, throw the bread on it, and toast it from there.

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I like the flat outs too. You were right. Key is to lightly toast the tortilla or flatbread so it won't be so soggy.

So glad the toasting idea was shared... that is something that never occurred to me... definitely gonna be a fix for my sometimes soggy crust ;)

If I'm using a flat out or a pita, sometimes it also helps to preheat a cookie sheet in the over until it's very hot, throw the bread on it, and toast it from there.

Didn't think of that. Thx!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I toast mine in a skillet (dry) like I do tortillas for burritos.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I toast mine in a skillet (dry) like I do tortillas for burritos.

That works too.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    lol You guys. Always so positive. Of course real pizza is 100x better. And of course if you'd prefer the real deal no need to look at my post. But this recipe is for those like myself, who can't order a pie and stop at 1 or 2 slices. Also great for those who don't want to use up 400-700 calories from their daily limit for one meal. It's for those who prefer a healthier, lighter, less greasier option. Thanks though!

Everyone else who left positive feedback, thanks and enjoy!

Not trying to be a hater - the point I'm trying to make is more that I don't think it 'works' to not eat foods that you miss. If you're cutting foods you love out of your diet, ultimately, you'll binge and then be disappointed in yourself. I'm sure what you've made is very tasty, but my point is that I don't think this whole weight loss thing can be permanently successful unless you find a way to allow yourself the foods you love. Sweets are my issue, but over time I've changed how I look at food, as well as learned how to help myself succeed, so I now know how to eat what I love, within reason. This past weekend (I'm a nerd) I had cherry pie and vanilla ice cream for Pi day. I also had bacon with my breakfast. I'm watching my calories every 7 days and made this work on only 1200 daily avg. cals. I've lost over 12 pounds in 9 weeks, and had a healthy BMI at my starting weight. If I can do it, anyone can!

It's great that you make certain foods work for you. But there are lots of people including myself who want to avoid eating takeout pizza. There's nothing wrong with that. Also, yes there are people who might binge if they don't satisfy a certain craving but i'm not one of those people. I started this life change in January and have had not a single issue over eating or bingeing due to not satisfying a craving. Lots of other people like that too.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »
    RivenV wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    hj127 wrote: »
    why are so many of y'all so mean, she was just providing a recipe, YOU CAME TO THIS THREAD, she didn't force you to read her recipe OR make it...as far as I'm concerned she was trying to be helpful and so many people here are just plain RUDE

if you don't like the recipe or want your full-calorie "normal" pizza go ahead! It's your prerogative. But no need to trash her recipe it's not like any of you even tried it so CHILL OUT maybe the people hating on this really do need to eat something

last time I checked it is an open forum and all can comment...

why don't you start a private group and label it "The non pizza lovers substitution gang" or something ...

How'd this get flagged? LULZ

Do you really have to ask? We got us a whole passel of folks deluding themselves into thinking a tortilla and some fat free cheese is a pizza because they also slap a little pizza sauce onto it.

Oh honey.

It says substitute in big black letters at the beginning of the post!

Again people, order yourself a pizza pie if you want, no one is trying to keep you from having real pizza! This is for people who need/want an alternative!

lmao!

beyonce-delivers-pizza-gif.gif

This thread delivers--just like Beyonce.

ETA: I'm not your honey, pal.

I'm not your pal, boo
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    lol You guys. Always so positive. Of course real pizza is 100x better. And of course if you'd prefer the real deal no need to look at my post. But this recipe is for those like myself, who can't order a pie and stop at 1 or 2 slices. Also great for those who don't want to use up 400-700 calories from their daily limit for one meal. It's for those who prefer a healthier, lighter, less greasier option. Thanks though!

Everyone else who left positive feedback, thanks and enjoy!

Not trying to be a hater - the point I'm trying to make is more that I don't think it 'works' to not eat foods that you miss. If you're cutting foods you love out of your diet, ultimately, you'll binge and then be disappointed in yourself. I'm sure what you've made is very tasty, but my point is that I don't think this whole weight loss thing can be permanently successful unless you find a way to allow yourself the foods you love. Sweets are my issue, but over time I've changed how I look at food, as well as learned how to help myself succeed, so I now know how to eat what I love, within reason. This past weekend (I'm a nerd) I had cherry pie and vanilla ice cream for Pi day. I also had bacon with my breakfast. I'm watching my calories every 7 days and made this work on only 1200 daily avg. cals. I've lost over 12 pounds in 9 weeks, and had a healthy BMI at my starting weight. If I can do it, anyone can!

It's great that you make certain foods work for you. But there are lots of people including myself who want to avoid eating takeout pizza. There's nothing wrong with that. Also, yes there are people who might binge if they don't satisfy a certain craving but i'm not one of those people. I started this life change in January and have had not a single issue over eating or bingeing due to not satisfying a craving. Lots of other people like that too.

I agree. I realize that some people may have a problem with certain foods so much they binge without them, and if eating a little helps them with that then more power to them. But that doesn't make it true for everyone.

There are foods I love that I never eat. I couldn't swear I never will again, but I haven't eaten them in years because as much as I love them, they simply aren't worth the calories (I'm looking at you cheesecake!).
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    why are so many of y'all so mean, she was just providing a recipe, YOU CAME TO THIS THREAD, she didn't force you to read her recipe OR make it...as far as I'm concerned she was trying to be helpful and so many people here are just plain RUDE

if you don't like the recipe or want your full-calorie "normal" pizza go ahead! It's your prerogative. But no need to trash her recipe it's not like any of you even tried it so CHILL OUT maybe the people hating on this really do need to eat something

@hj127‌ thank you!

And some of these people are the same people that post threads or statuses wondering why the scale isn't moving or inches aren't being lost -___- It is what it is. I know many people whether they posted here or not, will enjoy and benefit from the recipe and that gives me satisfaction :)

Child please.

I have lost 72 pounds so far eating pizza that I make myself 2-3 times a month. Your insinuation is ignorant and ruder than any other post in this entire thread.

So you keep eating your tortillas and calling them pizza and I'll keep eating real pizza and losing weight.

Good for you, losing that much! I've lost a bit myself, doing what works for ME.

Not everyone wants to make themselves a pizza or order takeout pizza. Some just want a lighter alternative but we should just do it your way cause it's the only right way, yeah? LOL

Rude and ignorant? Dramatic much?

Thank you, I will :)
  • PRMinx
    Options

@hj127‌ thank you!

And some of these people are the same people that post threads or statuses wondering why the scale isn't moving or inches aren't being lost -___- It is what it is. I know many people whether they posted here or not, will enjoy and benefit from the recipe and that gives me satisfaction :)

Child please.

I have lost 72 pounds so far eating pizza that I make myself 2-3 times a month. Your insinuation is ignorant and ruder than any other post in this entire thread.

So you keep eating your tortillas and calling them pizza and I'll keep eating real pizza and losing weight.

Good for you, losing that much! I've lost a bit myself, doing what works for ME.

Not everyone wants to make themselves a pizza or order takeout pizza. Some just want a lighter alternative but we should just do it your way cause it's the only right way, yeah? LOL

Rude and ignorant? Dramatic much?

Thank you, I will :)

It was pretty rude and ignorant though. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    This thread went exactly as expected. Never change MFP... and BINGO!

I tried to be nice in my opening foray ...

sigh, no one understands me...

Suggesting that someone eats real pizza for equivalent calories??? Get that unsupportive behavior out of here!!!

apparently, I am going to plateau and then post a thread about it, because I eat real pizza...and not OP's magical plateau preventing substitute.

Can you quote me where i said you were going to plateau if you eat the real thing when you have a chance? Thanks :)
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    meh…I can make a homemade pizza that comes in at about 170 calories a slice and it is way better than this. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that is not pizza, or anywhere close to it…

Then don't call it pizza. That doesn't mean the OP can't.

I never said she couldn't...

but it does not mean that I can't express an opinion on said recipe..

Indeed. You can make broad declarations of what YOU think constitutes pizza lol.

I can and I will ..

just because you take something and throw sauce and cheese on it does not make it "pizza"....

and you can keep coming to the rescue of all the OPs that you feel are in need of rescue...

lol you missed the part where i said 'substitute' hon

awwww its OK sugar britches...I am sorry that your substitute thread is not going down how you thought it would...

And how do you think i thought it would go down, since you know me so well? :)

Well you do get offended anytime anyone posts something that isn't exactly what the OP wants to hear....so, there's that...

I'm still waiting for an answer to my earlier question. I'm assuming that you can't answer it.

You were so right about me, can't answer it :)

Can you let me know what exactly I said that implied I was at all offended? Thanks :)

Also, please everyone keep these posts coming, trolls included, I am bored as hell at work
  • PRMinx
    Options
    meh…I can make a homemade pizza that comes in at about 170 calories a slice and it is way better than this. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that is not pizza, or anywhere close to it…

Then don't call it pizza. That doesn't mean the OP can't.

I never said she couldn't...

but it does not mean that I can't express an opinion on said recipe..

Indeed. You can make broad declarations of what YOU think constitutes pizza lol.

I can and I will ..

just because you take something and throw sauce and cheese on it does not make it "pizza"....

and you can keep coming to the rescue of all the OPs that you feel are in need of rescue...

lol you missed the part where i said 'substitute' hon

awwww its OK sugar britches...I am sorry that your substitute thread is not going down how you thought it would...

And how do you think i thought it would go down, since you know me so well? :)

Well you do get offended anytime anyone posts something that isn't exactly what the OP wants to hear....so, there's that...

I'm still waiting for an answer to my earlier question. I'm assuming that you can't answer it.

You were so right about me, can't answer it :)

Can you let me know what exactly I said that implied I was at all offended? Thanks :)

Also, please everyone keep these posts coming, trolls included, I am bored as hell at work

You said that the people here posting that eating regular pizza is ok are also the same people who post in threads complaining that they can't lose weight.
  • PRMinx
    Options

@hj127‌ thank you!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    yum! yes nothing beats "real pizza' but you're right I would definitely prefer a healthier alternative. Thanks! :D

why is pizza not healthy?

In the context of overall diet, SOME pizza is not unhealthy. But for those with limited calories, to balance the overall diet pizza may not be something that fits often. And if the diet isn't balanced, it's unhealthy.

yes, I was referring to the blanket statement that it is "unhealthy"

I see you are once again not reading through all the comments before jumping in ...

No, it didn't. It said they prefer a healthier alternative. You changed it to unhealthy.

yea, again, I was not talking to you, I was referring to another poster..but you decided to make this about you...

I chose to make it about the post to which you replied. And to answer your question. If you chose the wrong one ...

yes, you injected yourself into a conversation without fully understanding said conversation, which is something you do all the time.

Well, it is a forum, not a private conversation. :p

yes, it is a forum, and yes you can jump in ....but you might want to at least have a clue as to what you are referring back to ...

Sorry if I confused you. Click 'Show previous quotes' and it will show you exactly what I referred (and responded) to.

hmmm since you jumped in and commented on the wrong post, the "show previous" is not really going to help, now is it?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

@hj127‌ thank you!

^ yes, that was the one.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    yum! yes nothing beats "real pizza' but you're right I would definitely prefer a healthier alternative. Thanks! :D

why is pizza not healthy?

In the context of overall diet, SOME pizza is not unhealthy. But for those with limited calories, to balance the overall diet pizza may not be something that fits often. And if the diet isn't balanced, it's unhealthy.

yes, I was referring to the blanket statement that it is "unhealthy"

I see you are once again not reading through all the comments before jumping in ...

No, it didn't. It said they prefer a healthier alternative. You changed it to unhealthy.

yea, again, I was not talking to you, I was referring to another poster..but you decided to make this about you...

I chose to make it about the post to which you replied. And to answer your question. If you chose the wrong one ...

yes, you injected yourself into a conversation without fully understanding said conversation, which is something you do all the time.

Well, it is a forum, not a private conversation. :p

yes, it is a forum, and yes you can jump in ....but you might want to at least have a clue as to what you are referring back to ...

Sorry if I confused you. Click 'Show previous quotes' and it will show you exactly what I referred (and responded) to.

hmmm since you jumped in and commented on the wrong post, the "show previous" is not really going to help, now is it?

I think you are confused. I commented exactly where I wanted.
  • Altagracia220
    Options

@hj127‌ thank you!

You are right. I assumed when I shouldn't have. I may be completely wrong or completely right. Here is what I should have said:

some of these people are probably the same people that post threads or statuses wondering why the scale isn't moving or inches aren't being lost

Please don't try to tell me that there aren't people on MFP that underestimate their calorie count daily then go on the forums and ask people why they're not losing weight :wink:

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Then this is for you!

This is great because it is low calorie. It is 172 calories with pepperoni, 155 calories without.

-1 Market Pantry Carb conscious tortilla 80 Calories

-1 1/4 cup Uncle Steve's arrabiata tomato sauce ( 31 grams if using scale) 30 Calories

-1 1/4 cup fat free Kraft Mozzarella shredded (or 28 grams if you are using a scale) 45 Calories

-optional- Hormel's Turkey Pepperoni, 5 pieces about 17 calories.

Remember to toast the tortilla by itself for about 5 minutes on 350 degrees in conventional over. For more accurate results for sauce and cheese calorie count make sure to use food scale.

that seems like a *kitten* ton of tomato sauce for one tortilla.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Then this is for you!

This is great because it is low calorie. It is 172 calories with pepperoni, 155 calories without.

-1 Market Pantry Carb conscious tortilla 80 Calories

-1 1/4 cup Uncle Steve's arrabiata tomato sauce ( 31 grams if using scale) 30 Calories

-1 1/4 cup fat free Kraft Mozzarella shredded (or 28 grams if you are using a scale) 45 Calories

-optional- Hormel's Turkey Pepperoni, 5 pieces about 17 calories.

Remember to toast the tortilla by itself for about 5 minutes on 350 degrees in conventional over. For more accurate results for sauce and cheese calorie count make sure to use food scale.

that seems like a *kitten* ton of tomato sauce for one tortilla.

use less sauce
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    lol. MFP is so *kitten* cliquey.
This discussion has been closed.