If you miss pizza, this is a great substitute.

Options

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    if i want pizza ill have pizza LOL

that might work if you simply couldnt get any pizza.

maybe.

no, its probably just make me mad. LOL

in all seriousness im sure its fine and for a lot of people, just what they are looking for. However, for ME, the calorie difference between that and REAL pizza isn't that large LOL

If it's so close to pizza why would you be mad?

Seriously, why is everyone so upset over a recipe?

@Need2Exerc1se‌ it is hilarious reading all these posts about people who just cannot stand the thought of a healthier alternative. I'm beginning to realize some of them are trolls....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Wow who knew pizza was so controversial :)

Everything is controversial here. You used the word "healthy". That always causes ire.

Thanks agin for the reminder that flatbreads and tortillas can make great pizza crusts! We have some "flat-out" wraps that would suit just fine.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    meh…I can make a homemade pizza that comes in at about 170 calories a slice and it is way better than this. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that is not pizza, or anywhere close to it…

Then don't call it pizza. That doesn't mean the OP can't.

I never said she couldn't...

but it does not mean that I can't express an opinion on said recipe..

Indeed. You can make broad declarations of what YOU think constitutes pizza lol.

I can and I will ..

just because you take something and throw sauce and cheese on it does not make it "pizza"....

and you can keep coming to the rescue of all the OPs that you feel are in need of rescue...

lol you missed the part where i said 'substitute' hon
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Wow who knew pizza was so controversial :)

Everything is controversial here. You used the word "healthy". That always causes ire.

Thanks agin for the reminder that flatbreads and tortillas can make great pizza crusts! We have some "flat-out" wraps that would suit just fine.

True, learned that the hard way
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    meh…I can make a homemade pizza that comes in at about 170 calories a slice and it is way better than this. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that is not pizza, or anywhere close to it…

Indeed. You can make broad declarations of what YOU think constitutes pizza lol.

I can and I will ..

just because you take something and throw sauce and cheese on it does not make it "pizza"....

and you can keep coming to the rescue of all the OPs that you feel are in need of rescue...
    LOL. Just voicing my opinion. Just like you.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I like the flat outs too. You were right. Key is to lightly toast the tortilla or flatbread so it won't be so soggy.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I like the flat outs too. You were right. Key is to lightly toast the tortilla or flatbread so it won't be so soggy.

Definitely. I actually use my pizza stone for tortillas (etc.), so I will for my flat-out too.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    THERE IS NOOOOOO SUBSTITUTE FOR PIZZA! YUMMMM
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    hj127 wrote: »
    why are so many of y'all so mean, she was just providing a recipe, YOU CAME TO THIS THREAD, she didn't force you to read her recipe OR make it...as far as I'm concerned she was trying to be helpful and so many people here are just plain RUDE

if you don't like the recipe or want your full-calorie "normal" pizza go ahead! It's your prerogative. But no need to trash her recipe it's not like any of you even tried it so CHILL OUT maybe the people hating on this really do need to eat something

last time I checked it is an open forum and all can comment...

why don't you start a private group and label it "The non pizza lovers substitution gang" or something ...

How'd this get flagged? LULZ
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    why are so many of y'all so mean, she was just providing a recipe, YOU CAME TO THIS THREAD, she didn't force you to read her recipe OR make it...as far as I'm concerned she was trying to be helpful and so many people here are just plain RUDE

if you don't like the recipe or want your full-calorie "normal" pizza go ahead! It's your prerogative. But no need to trash her recipe it's not like any of you even tried it so CHILL OUT maybe the people hating on this really do need to eat something

why don't you start a private group and label it "The non pizza lovers substitution gang" or something ...

People try really hard to be offended around these parts.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Do you really have to ask? We got us a whole passel of folks deluding themselves into thinking a tortilla and some fat free cheese is a pizza because they also slap a little pizza sauce onto it.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I make my own dough. It's 56 calories an ounce. So a 6 ounce crust (which is about an 8" personal pizza, depending on how you roll it out) is just over 300 calories. It's not what I'd call bad at all. It's half wheat, half white and delicious. I can have a pretty big pizza to myself for around 550 calories.

need.

I mostly order pizza because I'm lazy.

But It clocks in around 17-2000 calories for the night alone because I typically eat the whole damn thing.
    I need to step up my game and make my own- I can make 5-900 calories fit much better than an extra 2000.

1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 tablespoon white sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

2 1/2 cups flour (I use half wheat, half white)

2 teaspoons minced garlic

2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Sprinkles of the following:

Red Pepper flake

Onion Powder

Rosemary

Parsley

Directions

Dump it all in the bread machine, set to knead (or pizza if you have that setting). I tend to make this the morning of, and let it rest all day in the fridge (after first rise), you can even rest it overnight.

Preheat oven to 380.

Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle your baking sheet liberally with cornmeal. Place dough on pan and brush with a good olive oil, then add your choice of pizza toppings.

Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.

Makes about 24 ounces of dough. Nutrition info:

e3b4a6d2eac1fb851cb1090a4681757f.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    yum! yes nothing beats "real pizza' but you're right I would definitely prefer a healthier alternative. Thanks! :D

why is pizza not healthy?

In the context of overall diet, SOME pizza is not unhealthy. But for those with limited calories, to balance the overall diet pizza may not be something that fits often. And if the diet isn't balanced, it's unhealthy.

yes, I was referring to the blanket statement that it is "unhealthy"

I see you are once again not reading through all the comments before jumping in ...

No, it didn't. It said they prefer a healthier alternative. You changed it to unhealthy.

yea, again, I was not talking to you, I was referring to another poster..but you decided to make this about you...

I chose to make it about the post to which you replied. And to answer your question. If you chose the wrong one ...

yes, you injected yourself into a conversation without fully understanding said conversation, which is something you do all the time.

Well, it is a forum, not a private conversation. :p

yes, it is a forum, and yes you can jump in ....but you might want to at least have a clue as to what you are referring back to ...
  • ndj1979
    Options

I can and I will ..

awwww its OK sugar britches...I am sorry that your substitute thread is not going down how you thought it would...

• ndj1979
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »

Do you really have to ask? We got us a whole passel of folks deluding themselves into thinking a tortilla and some fat free cheese is a pizza because they also slap a little pizza sauce onto it.

and don't forget crust...apparently anything with crust = pizza....
  • Altagracia220
    Options

Oh honey.

It says substitute in big black letters at the beginning of the post!

Again people, order yourself a pizza pie if you want, no one is trying to keep you from having real pizza! This is for people who need/want an alternative!

lmao!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    lol You guys. Always so positive. Of course real pizza is 100x better. And of course if you'd prefer the real deal no need to look at my post. But this recipe is for those like myself, who can't order a pie and stop at 1 or 2 slices. Also great for those who don't want to use up 400-700 calories from their daily limit for one meal. It's for those who prefer a healthier, lighter, less greasier option. Thanks though!

Everyone else who left positive feedback, thanks and enjoy!

Not trying to be a hater - the point I'm trying to make is more that I don't think it 'works' to not eat foods that you miss. If you're cutting foods you love out of your diet, ultimately, you'll binge and then be disappointed in yourself. I'm sure what you've made is very tasty, but my point is that I don't think this whole weight loss thing can be permanently successful unless you find a way to allow yourself the foods you love. Sweets are my issue, but over time I've changed how I look at food, as well as learned how to help myself succeed, so I now know how to eat what I love, within reason. This past weekend (I'm a nerd) I had cherry pie and vanilla ice cream for Pi day. I also had bacon with my breakfast. I'm watching my calories every 7 days and made this work on only 1200 daily avg. cals. I've lost over 12 pounds in 9 weeks, and had a healthy BMI at my starting weight. If I can do it, anyone can!

• Altagracia220
    Options

I can and I will ..

awwww its OK sugar britches...I am sorry that your substitute thread is not going down how you thought it would...

And how do you think i thought it would go down, since you know me so well? :)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh honey.

It says substitute in big black letters at the beginning of the post!

Again people, order yourself a pizza pie if you want, no one is trying to keep you from having real pizza! This is for people who need/want an alternative!

lmao!

beyonce-delivers-pizza-gif.gif

This thread delivers--just like Beyonce.

ETA: I'm not your honey, pal.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

@hj127‌ thank you!

And some of these people are the same people that post threads or statuses wondering why the scale isn't moving or inches aren't being lost -___- It is what it is. I know many people whether they posted here or not, will enjoy and benefit from the recipe and that gives me satisfaction :)

Child please.

I have lost 72 pounds so far eating pizza that I make myself 2-3 times a month. Your insinuation is ignorant and ruder than any other post in this entire thread.

So you keep eating your tortillas and calling them pizza and I'll keep eating real pizza and losing weight.
This discussion has been closed.