If you miss pizza, this is a great substitute.

Options

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    hj127 wrote: »
    why are so many of y'all so mean, she was just providing a recipe, YOU CAME TO THIS THREAD, she didn't force you to read her recipe OR make it...as far as I'm concerned she was trying to be helpful and so many people here are just plain RUDE

if you don't like the recipe or want your full-calorie "normal" pizza go ahead! It's your prerogative. But no need to trash her recipe it's not like any of you even tried it so CHILL OUT maybe the people hating on this really do need to eat something

@hj127‌ thank you!

And some of these people are the same people that post threads or statuses wondering why the scale isn't moving or inches aren't being lost [/b] -___- It is what it is. I know many people whether they posted here or not, will enjoy and benefit from the recipe and that gives me satisfaction :)

really? so the people saying you can eat pizza are not losing weight? Interesting notion ...

Nope. You misunderstood what i said. I said some of these people who say just keep on eating regular pizza cause your alternative is no good are the same people that will post about wondering why they are not losing weight. And no names were named.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Moderation: better than sad pizza.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yum! yes nothing beats "real pizza' but you're right I would definitely prefer a healthier alternative. Thanks! :D

why is pizza not healthy?

In the context of overall diet, SOME pizza is not unhealthy. But for those with limited calories, to balance the overall diet pizza may not be something that fits often. And if the diet isn't balanced, it's unhealthy.

yes, I was referring to the blanket statement that it is "unhealthy"

I see you are once again not reading through all the comments before jumping in ...

No, it didn't. It said they prefer a healthier alternative. You changed it to unhealthy.

yea, again, I was not talking to you, I was referring to another poster..but you decided to make this about you...

I chose to make it about the post to which you replied. And to answer your question. If you chose the wrong one ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why are so many of y'all so mean, she was just providing a recipe, YOU CAME TO THIS THREAD, she didn't force you to read her recipe OR make it...as far as I'm concerned she was trying to be helpful and so many people here are just plain RUDE

if you don't like the recipe or want your full-calorie "normal" pizza go ahead! It's your prerogative. But no need to trash her recipe it's not like any of you even tried it so CHILL OUT maybe the people hating on this really do need to eat something

@hj127‌ thank you!

And some of these people are the same people that post threads or statuses wondering why the scale isn't moving or inches aren't being lost [/b] -___- It is what it is. I know many people whether they posted here or not, will enjoy and benefit from the recipe and that gives me satisfaction :)

really? so the people saying you can eat pizza are not losing weight? Interesting notion ...

Nope. You misunderstood what i said. I said some of these people who say just keep on eating regular pizza cause your alternative is no good are the same people that will post about wondering why they are not losing weight. And no names were named.

So you are saying that the folks questioning the alternative are going to have a hard time losing weight?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    yum! yes nothing beats "real pizza' but you're right I would definitely prefer a healthier alternative. Thanks! :D

In the context of overall diet, SOME pizza is not unhealthy. But for those with limited calories, to balance the overall diet pizza may not be something that fits often. And if the diet isn't balanced, it's unhealthy.

I see you are once again not reading through all the comments before jumping in ...

No, it didn't. It said they prefer a healthier alternative. You changed it to unhealthy.

yea, again, I was not talking to you, I was referring to another poster..but you decided to make this about you...

I chose to make it about the post to which you replied. And to answer your question. If you chose the wrong one ...

yes, you injected yourself into a conversation without fully understanding said conversation, which is something you do all the time.
  • Altagracia220
    Options

The cheese on regular pizza is high in saturated fat, which increases risk for high cholesterol and heart disease. A 5-ounce slice of cheese pizza typically contains 675 mg of sodium or more. Consuming too much sodium could increase your risk for high blood pressure and cause water retention which some people may or may not care about

pizza can be healthy if made right most of the pizza you buy counts as junk food because of the high amount of refined carbohydrates, fat and sodium it contains.

Obviously it's perfectly fine to have every now and then. No one is telling you to stop eating your pizza

pizza is not "unhealthy" is has protein, fats, and carbs which are essential macro nutrients. And fat is 'bad" now, what are we in the 1980's?

aquamariner used the word 'healthier alternative' not unhealthy lol

It doesn't say unhealthy anywhere lol and in any case pizza IS actually unhealthy for certain individuals for reasons I already posted. Please keep eating your pizza though, no one asked you to stop.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if i want pizza ill have pizza LOL

that might work if you simply couldnt get any pizza.

maybe.

no, its probably just make me mad. LOL

in all seriousness im sure its fine and for a lot of people, just what they are looking for. However, for ME, the calorie difference between that and REAL pizza isn't that large LOL
  • Altagracia220
    Options

@hj127‌ thank you!

So you are saying that the folks questioning the alternative are going to have a hard time losing weight?

Re-read what i said. I was very clear and didn't use any big words. It's not that hard to understand :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    meh…I can make a homemade pizza that comes in at about 170 calories a slice and it is way better than this. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that is not pizza, or anywhere close to it…

Then don't call it pizza. That doesn't mean the OP can't.

I never said she couldn't...

but it does not mean that I can't express an opinion on said recipe..

Indeed. You can make broad declarations of what YOU think constitutes pizza lol.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

yes, you injected yourself into a conversation without fully understanding said conversation, which is something you do all the time.

Well, it is a forum, not a private conversation. :p
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

The cheese on regular pizza is high in saturated fat, which increases risk for high cholesterol and heart disease. A 5-ounce slice of cheese pizza typically contains 675 mg of sodium or more. Consuming too much sodium could increase your risk for high blood pressure and cause water retention which some people may or may not care about

pizza can be healthy if made right most of the pizza you buy counts as junk food because of the high amount of refined carbohydrates, fat and sodium it contains.

Obviously it's perfectly fine to have every now and then. No one is telling you to stop eating your pizza

Strong 1980 regurgitation.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

@hj127‌ thank you!

Re-read what i said. I was very clear and didn't use any big words. It's not that hard to understand :)

Oh I think we understand. You are back tracking. I would love to know who on this thread has posted in other threads complaining that they are not losing weight. If you are going to make an claim, then you should back it up.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Wow who knew pizza was so controversial :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    meh…I can make a homemade pizza that comes in at about 170 calories a slice and it is way better than this. I appreciate what you are trying to do, but that is not pizza, or anywhere close to it…

Indeed. You can make broad declarations of what YOU think constitutes pizza lol.

I can and I will ..

just because you take something and throw sauce and cheese on it does not make it "pizza"....

and you can keep coming to the rescue of all the OPs that you feel are in need of rescue...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    *EDIT*

Apparently, some people are getting the idea that I am trying to shove my ideas down their throats and force them to use my thin crust recipe. Not the case at all! If you don't want a low cal option that's okay, you are welcome to continue on eating takeout pizza. Sorry for any confusion! ^___^
    No confusion at all.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    if i want pizza ill have pizza LOL

that might work if you simply couldnt get any pizza.

maybe.

no, its probably just make me mad. LOL

in all seriousness im sure its fine and for a lot of people, just what they are looking for. However, for ME, the calorie difference between that and REAL pizza isn't that large LOL

If it's so close to pizza why would you be mad?

Seriously, why is everyone so upset over a recipe?
  • Natbug82
    Natbug82 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I must try this recipe!
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    *EDIT*

Apparently, some people are getting the idea that I am trying to shove my ideas down their throats and force them to use my thin crust recipe. Not the case at all! If you don't want a low cal option that's okay, you are welcome to continue on eating takeout pizza. Sorry for any confusion! ^___^
    No confusion at all.

Hello @Sabine_Stroehm‌ The post wasn't specifically directed at you. ^___^
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited March 2015
    Options

I can and I will ..

just because you take something and throw sauce and cheese on it does not make it "pizza"....

Yeah, if the something is a type of bread, it does. Crust, sauce, cheese. That is the definition of pizza.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    *EDIT*

No confusion at all.

Hello @Sabine_Stroehm‌ The post wasn't specifically directed at you. ^___^

I know. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.