How much do you sleep?

Options
13»

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    around 4-5 typically. I'm not usually tired and I'd rather do something other than sleep.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I usually get 7-8 hrs, but am better if I can get 8-9.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was a chronic insomniac for years, only getting 3 to 4 hours of sleep. At times, even up all night, then working 8-9 hours a day. It was pretty bad. Stress, diet, and weight gain were the causes. I had to take a combination of two sleeping pills to get any sleep at all but I was always exhausted. My mind would never shut down - it was constantly racing.

Then about four years ago a couple of changes happened. I was able to retire so that totally relieved the stress. Slept better but not great, 5 to 6 hours. Finally, I decided to do something about my weight about a year and a half ago.

I've lost 44lbs. (close to maintenance now) and exercising 4xs per week. I also weaned myself off the sleeping pills and go to sleep at a certain time each night, no exceptions. I'm now sleeping regularly 7 1/2 to 8 hours a night. It's a miracle.

Reliving the stress was the first step in my long journey back to normal sleeping and back to health.