Sweets! How to kick the cravings!

Options
We ALL have cravings for something sweet, so I thought I would share my favorite things to eat to help kick tho se cravings.

1) Dippin' Stix: Sweet Apples & Caramel - They are SUPER sweet and only 100 calories. I find them at my local grocery store in the produce section.

2) Strawberry Swirl Milk Mix - I LOVE strawberry milk but the calories in the strawberry syrup are tooooo much. I found these (similar to what MIO drops look like) in the section of my grocery store where the hot cocoa and tea are and at 0 calories, who can say no? They also come in a variety of flavors)

What are your favorite sweet substitutes?

Replies

• denitrakr
    denitrakr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rice cake... Either dark chocolate or caramel corn. In the evenings I'll sometimes have a cup of (black) coffee and a tablespoon of semi-sweet baking chips. Since I actually prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate, it works well, and the coffee just tops it off and makes it feel (psychologically) like I had more than I actually did.
  • McLaughlinh89
    McLaughlinh89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That strawberry milk stuff sounds good. I will have to look for that. I enjoy mini rice cakes as well. If I'm getting a sweet tooth, I like to snack on apple slices with peanut butter!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    a bowl of cut up fruit with some sweetener (Splenda or honey) or some fat free Cool Whip to dip in.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper is my go to here. I know its not the healthiest option but it kicks any sweet cravings I have down to zero.
  • aharp277
    aharp277 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt. The toasted coconut with some strawberries cut up is my favorite. It's really good and helps with sweet cravings.
  • babygirljay93
    Options
    These all sound soon good! Definitely going to have to try that yogurt! I LOVE coconut.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Whole bar of Lindt 99% chocolate. 222 calories. Dipped in coffee or tea.

Edited to say I also just eat a serving or whatever fits, of whatever I want. Tonight it's Talenti gelato. 125 grams.
  • blookabaugh
    blookabaugh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favorite yogurt is Yoplait Light. I like vanilla yogurt with chopped strawberries. If you have a Keurig there are so many yummy choices. I like English Toffee Cappucino & mint hot chocolate. And of course the flavored rice cakes such as caramel & chocolate.
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    Cake anything at all to do with cake and cream and icing, once a week treat with my favourite coffee
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't have substitutes. I eat the real thing, just measured out and logged to fit.
    <<<<<<<<<pecan tart portion tonight.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Dip apple slices in a mix of greek yogurt, natural PB and a little honey. I also eat m&ms, but I count them out and savor them one at a time vs "eating them".
  • arditarose
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I don't have substitutes. I eat the real thing, just measured out and logged to fit.

That tart is right up my alley.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

It was hard deciding between it and Talenti :disappointed:

• arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

It was hard deciding between it and Talenti :disappointed:

I had the Talenti southern butter pecan. I still would rather have a pecan tart or slice of pie.
  • babygirljay93
    Options

Unfortunately I had to find subs for sweets. I'm addicted to food and eating only one piece of something is almost impossible for me. But with healthy substitutes I can eat more without all the calories.
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My nightly treat is a banana with peanut butter on top. I heat the peanut butter in the microwave so it gets all melty. Sometimes I will also take a banana, slice it down the middle (in the peel), toss in a tablespoon of chocolate chips, a tsp or two of sliced almonds, sometimes I add coconut too, and bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 14 mins. take the whole shebang out of the peel, put on a plate and a small squirt of reddi whip.
  • aharp277
    aharp277 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Unfortunately I had to find subs for sweets. I'm addicted to food and eating only one piece of something is almost impossible for me. But with healthy substitutes I can eat more without all the calories.

I am the same way as well. I have issues with stopping at just a small portion. I agree with the substitutes. Sugar free Fudge pops are also good for chocolate cravings. They are only like 40 calories for one. It usually does the trick for me. And yes, you should try the Toasted Coconut yogurt, it's my favorite.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kisses keep me in check. I usually have one or two before bed & it's just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without blowing my calories out of the water.
  • deepro86
    deepro86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In a coffee mug stir together a scoop of a yummy flavour protein and 1 tsp of baking powder. Add a splash of egg whites (optional) and microwave for 20-40 seconds (depending on your micro and how you like your consistency).

Depending what you mixed in it can taste anywhere from cake icing to a mousse.

Let me know what you think!
  • deepro86
    deepro86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    deepro86 wrote: »
    In a coffee mug stir together a scoop of a yummy flavour protein and 1 tsp of baking powder. Add a splash of egg whites (optional) and microwave for 20-40 seconds (depending on your micro and how you like your consistency).

Depending what you mixed in it can taste anywhere from cake icing to a mousse.

Let me know what you think!

ahh forgot to say to add water!