Extra session with trainer or bottle of wine....

Options
13»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    OP - I totally get your point - my mother is the same way. Refuses to go to a weekly exercise class with her friends as it is $10/class (she thinks that is way too much for a one hour class), yet very happily drinks at least that amount in wine per day without giving it a second thought!

Wait, where did his friend refuse to go to the gym? He sees a trainer at least once a week. He's also on a diet. There was no other mention of whether he goes on his own or not. We really have no idea if he is choosing wine over exercise. Or if he is just choosing wine and exercise on his own.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    That's pretty much a no-brainer.

#teamwine

Agreed. I would Always pick the wine. All trainers are a waste of time and money. And they're terrible people too. They don't deserve the money and should all starve. But wine, however, will always be there for me. Wine won't let me down. Wine deserves that sweet sweet money.

#UpWithWine
    #DownWithTrainers
    #UpWithDramaFriends

Beautiful words you speak. I would totally let you be my trainer.

I'll drink to that
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Azdak wrote: »
    Except instead of talking to him- you're making a federal case on a public forum- it's one think to just put a rant/vent up on your wall- it's saying an entirely other thing to make an ENTIRE POST ON IT.

I also think I'd rather spend 50$ on wine than a trainer.

But I'm a 5$ a bottle wine kind of person- so I guess I'd REALLY rather have the 10 bottles of wine.

I'd recommend at least going to $10--for that, you can get some tasty Spanish reds, and interesting whites.
    trader joe's has some great wines- table reds- blends and malbecs for only 4.99- I'm okay with it. :D

$5 bottles of wine.
    I cannot wait for my US trip next week.

Yes, alcohol is very inexpensive here in the US.

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    That's pretty much a no-brainer.

#teamwine

Agreed. I would Always pick the wine. All trainers are a waste of time and money. And they're terrible people too. They don't deserve the money and should all starve. But wine, however, will always be there for me. Wine won't let me down. Wine deserves that sweet sweet money.

#UpWithWine
    #DownWithTrainers
    #UpWithDramaFriends
    Trainers don't really like money, do they?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Except instead of talking to him- you're making a federal case on a public forum- it's one think to just put a rant/vent up on your wall- it's saying an entirely other thing to make an ENTIRE POST ON IT.

But I'm a 5$ a bottle wine kind of person- so I guess I'd REALLY rather have the 10 bottles of wine.

I'd recommend at least going to $10--for that, you can get some tasty Spanish reds, and interesting whites.
    trader joe's has some great wines- table reds- blends and malbecs for only 4.99- I'm okay with it. :D

$5 bottles of wine.
    they aren't ALL 5$- but yeah- Trader Joes. winning

Trader Joes is awesome for wine. Just tell the captain what you're looking for. They've never steered me wrong.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Sipping some Grifone Primitivo right now - $3.99 at TJs and a current go to for a simple red table wine. I really have trouble differentiating between $4 wine and up to about $15 - $18 bottle. Above that and it becomes something different for me. But I can't drink from $30 bottles every night AND maintain my gelato / ice cream habit AND avoid long budget conversations with my wife.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Trader Joe's isn't allowed to sell wine where I live. I am so bitter about that.

Also, I think personal trainers are a waste of money. One more appointment with one per week is not the royal road to fitness.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have a similar friend. I suggested a vacation to a fitness center, week of hiking, exercise, yoga and healthy food. She was horrified! Same cost as a trip to New Orleans, with trips to restaurants, and bars. Obviously, we have really changed. I have no desire to have a trip of bars and heavy food. We have been friends since college, and usually get together every few years for a week...she would totally not even be able to wrap her head around why anyone would even consider paying for a trainer, when wine was on sale...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

$5 bottles of wine.
    they aren't ALL 5$- but yeah- Trader Joes. winning

Trader Joes is awesome for wine. Just tell the captain what you're looking for. They've never steered me wrong.
    nods- it's really 'out of my way' not far- but far enough I only go when I'm really out of wine- or on my way to or from the BF's house- but yeah- that's the ONLY reason I go to that store- the vino.

Cortelli wrote: »

Sipping some Grifone Primitivo right now - $3.99 at TJs and a current go to for a simple red table wine. I really have trouble differentiating between $4 wine and up to about $15 - $18 bottle. Above that and it becomes something different for me. But I can't drink from $30 bottles every night AND maintain my gelato / ice cream habit AND avoid long budget conversations with my wife.
    I cannot- I know for a fact I can't- I know what I like (I'm seriously a Malbec snob) and I like table blends- but I couldn't honestly tell you the difference unless it's a spectacularly *kitten* wine.

Nods- it is just a win win across the board!
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    Trader Joe's isn't allowed to sell wine where I live. I am so bitter about that.

Also, I think personal trainers are a waste of money. One more appointment with one per week is not the royal road to fitness.

The one by my BF's the same way- it's painful to me. makes me super sad.