What's harder for you: the food or exercise?

Options

Replies

• BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Food ! This is SO hard to resist, I love sugar and I struggle a lot with eating clean ...
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Exercise
  • lanajaymurphy
    Options
    I'M HUNGRY
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Food is harder for me. I love to eat! Always have.

And, I am making it harder! I have been meat free since Feb 1st this year.

The plus side is that I love to cook and try new recipes. I have found lots of tasty vegetarian recipes and I am getting better at controlling the salt/sugar/fat in what I cook.

As for exercise. I get the notion of getting bored. I suffer from this as well. But, I am getting around it by switching my activities up every now and then and also setting up goals to work for. Right now my focus is on running. Over the past 18 months I have gone from nothing to a 1/2 marathon. Tonight I start my training for a full marathon this fall. After that? Who knows?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Definitely FOOD!!!! I have an addictive type personality and working out feels like a drug so i love to workout!
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I love working out and I love eating, so I would say eating properly is the biggest challenge for me. The key for me sticking to exercise is do what I like and make it consistent, once it's firmly in my daily routine it's hard to go without it.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    The food!
  • KatieJo_512
    KatieJo_512 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG the food by a LONG shot!!!!!
  • shellyq92
    shellyq92 Posts: 7
    Options
    It's the food for me. I exercise 5 days a week with no problem but controlling the food is a struggle.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Food. I'm pretty good about finding a workout I like -- right now it's Bar Method and strength training, in the past yoga and Pilates.

Love chocolate and refuse to give it up. MFP is great because it's all about the macros. Teaching me how to do this right and still eat all my favorite things!

The best thing if exercise is hard for you is find a friend and do it together. My husband and I have been strength training together almost three years now! Group classes are social and a good way to work out with other people who help keep you motivated.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have trouble with is finding time for strength training. I keep thinking I'll do it before bed, but then it's late, I'm tired from gardening and farm work, and it gets put off. I just have to woman up about that. Cardio on the elliptical,which is a lot more fun, I can do that on breaks while watching TV. The food part is not difficult at all.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    the food is way harder

i love working out lol
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    neither is tough anymore.. but originally food by far.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Definitely working out. I really love food, so that can be a struggle often as well, but I'm better at portioning out the food I love then getting off my butt to do a good workout. Totally lazy, and I totally own up to it! :tongue:
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    When I first started, the exercise was torturous. Now, 15 months in, I have a much harder time with the food. Everything tastes so good now!
  • susanmax
    susanmax Posts: 33
    Options
    Definately the food! I work shift work (12hr shifts) and always seem to be tired....which makes me hungry for crappy food. Its like I can't seem to get full. Exercise is awesome. I love it. I just can't workout enough to counteract the crappy diet. Best of intentions, but it doesn't seem to work. I guess I just need to focus more.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    the food! I can do exercise but find it reeealllyyy hard to say no to chocolate and ice cream!

Yep...this, EXACTLY!!
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'M HUNGRY

Me too!! I want a cookie!! :sad:
  • Bethie_J
    Bethie_J Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The food is harder for me.

To stick with an exercise program, try making a schedule at the beginning of each week dictating what exercise and duration, etc. that you'll do that week.

Then just do it. Think of it like any other of the millon responsibilities you have in a week.

After a little while, you'll find that the exercise part just becomes second nature, and days that you don't work out are odd.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Most days it's the food, but some days I just do not want to work out. But then somedays I want to and I am supposed to be off.