Wife's Birthday... I NEED HELP LADIES!!

Options
BL_Mark
BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
OK!! I'm stumped as to what to do for my wife for her birthday and need some help. She's turning 33 in two weeks, we've been married for 6 1/2 years, we have two kiddos, who's she's home with full time. She's been rocking the Curves Complete Program and has lost 32lbs since March. I used to take her out for dinner to her favorite places (Olive Garden or Red Lobster) or pick up an ice cream cake for her... but since she's on a strict protein diet and she feels majorly guilty when she goes off of it, what should I do?! Anything I can pick up or get her? I was thinking about some new... ahem... pretty stuff since she's two sizes smaller now, but that's just typical and cliche... any help or suggestions would be great! I'm TERRIBLE at birthday presents. I have a bad history of getting the WRONG thing... :o/

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    She's been working hard, buy her a massage!! Something totally for her enjoyment :)
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I like flowers and maybe a night or two at a hotel without my son. Both of those would make a great birthday.
  • nndiaz
    nndiaz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to get a babysitter for the evening and take her out. Theatre, movies, concert, whatever she would really enjoy but would never do for herself. A day off or a shopping trip with you on her arm would be nice too. My favorite gift from my husband was a blouse he gave me one year. It was horrendous but the thought of him taking the time to go out and think of me while he made this purchase was the best gift he ever gave me! Good luck!
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think you should get her a spa package where she can get pampered and when she gets home...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    expensive perfume.......
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree with the massage. Maybe a manicure, pedicure, and massage? Then after tell her to buy a pretty new outfit and take her out somewhere for a night on the down? Dancing, a movie, something you know she would like to do. Something she's talked about but hasn't done yet? That would be the best birthday I could think of =D
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Treat her to a night in. Cook her a healthy meal with her ideal macros, run a hot bath with bubbles or scents if she's into that and find a sitter to get it to be just you and her. Also if she won't mind wine a glass of that or two and a personal massage with oils would be a great top off. Honestly not sure if she would like it but it is a thought.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    She's been working hard, buy her a massage!! Something totally for her enjoyment :)

My husband booked me a treatment at the spa - He had an appointment time set for me and pre-paid a service, including tip. I just had to show up, have a little wine and choose which thing I wanted to do. Some ladies like massages, some like mani-pedis, some like to get their hair done. It was unexpected and fun for me. I'd never been to a spa before. :drinker:
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

I agree! A day at the spa with a nice long massage would be great!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a massage or spa treatment. Something fitness related sounds like it could also be a good choice. HRM, workout clothes, new shoes etc.

In terms of the cake, either bake her a healthy but yummy protein cake or buy one slice of a really good quality splurge cake that you could split instead of buying a whole cake. Half the calories, she still gets to indulge but there won't be any left overs to tempt here the next day.

Maybe ask her where she wants to go to dinner. That way she can decide whether she wants to splurge or aim for something a little healthier but still yummy. Either way she'll be able to plan her day accordingly so she doesn't get too far off track
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i like these ideas but i always want workout equipment. not sure if that would be cool with her or not.
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would say a day at the spa sounds great, but she might not want to go alone, so either you would have to go with her, or you could get her best friend to go with.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    Honestly, every woman is different. I'd personally not like any of the suggestions you've gotten. Maybe you could give more information about her that isn't food related to help. What does she do for fun? How family oriented is she? Is she the sort who would like a spa or salon trip or time away from the kids? Has she mentioned anything that she may like?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    First off, you married her, so I'm surprised you don't know what would make her smile.

That said, you should help her realize that moderation is the key to success so she can actually enjoy her favorite things occasionally.

Finally, a massage or something would probably be a good idea.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    IF you have kids, get rid of them for a day, a night, as long as you can. Seriously. Or build a sound proof room for the kids or the two of you to enjoy. wink, wink.

Pay for a massage but still take her out. Remind her she can still enjoy her favorite places, especially if she's working hard.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You, as her husband should know what she would like...

But yes, a spa treatment would be nice.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    She'll probably appreciate a new vacuum, or maybe a dishwasher. If that's too much of a big ticket item on short notice, a new mop and floor waxing set will probably go over well.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    She'll probably appreciate a new vacuum, or maybe a dishwasher. If that's too much of a big ticket item on short notice, a new mop and floor waxing set will probably go over well.

UMMM no she won't you don't know what women want do you!

like all the the GIRLS have said, and try a hrm,weights,and real girly stuff like nail polishs,hair done ect for the more romantic side! cook her a healthyish dinner with flowers ect! :bigsmile:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Ask her to dress up - and pack an overnight bag.
    Take her to a quality restaurant, tickets to a show and book a hotel room.
    That's what my hubby did for me last year and we had the best time!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    You should know what she'd like, but then again, men are clueless in this department hence your call out of help.

Heart rate monitor
    Gift voucher for a work out clothing store
    Massage
    Manicure/pedicure/fake nails
    Hair done
    Night out at the movies