Wife's Birthday... I NEED HELP LADIES!!

Options

Replies

• spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    She'll probably appreciate a new vacuum, or maybe a dishwasher. If that's too much of a big ticket item on short notice, a new mop and floor waxing set will probably go over well.

LMAO

You've got cojones!

cojones3rs7.jpg
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Im big into tattoos - maybe get her a tattoo?
    If she likes working out, try to figure out what she is needing...maybe get her a treadmill or elliptical, etc...
    And if you REALLY love her...get her a new vehicle.
  • prozac5489
    prozac5489 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hey! Don't knock the dishwasher idea! Honestly, if my fellow surprised me with a new Vitamix blender, I'd be over the freaking moon. I'll take that over a massage any day of the week!

That being said, my dad always sent my mom and her best friend to a day spa for her birthday, then the friend watched us kids for a weekend while Dad took Mom someplace special the following weekend. Her favorite was the year he rented a cabin on a lake, and they basically spent the whole time water skiing, drinking beer, eating pizza, and making out like teenagers.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    She'll probably appreciate a new vacuum, or maybe a dishwasher. If that's too much of a big ticket item on short notice, a new mop and floor waxing set will probably go over well.

:love:
  • kxxooo
    kxxooo Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    NOTHING to do with cleaning, or kitchen!

Shoes
    Shoes
    Shoes
    Voucher for shoes

voucher for amazing lingerie!,....
    win win (unless you are not adoring!.... need the whole story, not just "hey baby I bought lingerie!")
    phfft!....ummmm no

Handbag

lots of v v good champagne
    and if you have been a truly crap husband

ALL of the above and a HUGE diamond!.... oh and Missoni towels! Oh yeah!!!!!
    and thankyou!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

UMMM no she won't you don't know what women want do you!

like all the the GIRLS have said, and try a hrm,weights,and real girly stuff like nail polishs,hair done ect for the more romantic side! cook her a healthyish dinner with flowers ect! :bigsmile:
    I'm a woman and I would LOVE a dishwasher for my birthday, or any other day of the week. I also don't currently have one and do dishes by hand. Don't knock it.

Spa day. Romantic dinner out and a night in a hotel if there's kids at home.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    95% of your ideas are great... those 5% you know who you are.

I like the spa ideas. She's mentioned getting her hair done, getting a manicure so I think I'm going to go that route. I'd LOVE for us to have a night off from the kids. My folks always offer to watch the kids but it's on THEIR schedule and they won't watch them over night.... long story.

Thanks for all your suggestions. YES, I do know what she likes, I'm just a terrible gift giver! ESPECIALLY when it comes to Birthdays
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

WOW! You sound like you would be an amazing BF/husband/SO...
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    OK!! I'm stumped as to what to do for my wife for her birthday and need some help. She's turning 33 in two weeks, we've been married for 6 1/2 years, we have two kiddos, who's she's home with full time. She's been rocking the Curves Complete Program and has lost 32lbs since March. I used to take her out for dinner to her favorite places (Olive Garden or Red Lobster) or pick up an ice cream cake for her... but since she's on a strict protein diet and she feels majorly guilty when she goes off of it, what should I do?! Anything I can pick up or get her? I was thinking about some new... ahem... pretty stuff since she's two sizes smaller now, but that's just typical and cliche... any help or suggestions would be great! I'm TERRIBLE at birthday presents. I have a bad history of getting the WRONG thing... :o/

I have been married to my husband for 15 years and I can say the best thing to do is to do something nice that would make her feel great like give her a whole day of not only no kids but relaxation that i am sure she doesn't get, i have 3 kids and work full time so i know how hard it is. Treat her to a day at a spa, even if it is just for a nice massage and then maybe take her to one of her favorite clothing stores and let her buy a few things that make her feel as good as she should after accomplishing that. Then maybe after that take her to a nice dinner and I think you will be number one on her list of people and she will totally love it. What women doesn't love a day of pampering and feeling special!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    OK!! I'm stumped as to what to do for my wife for her birthday and need some help. She's turning 33 in two weeks, we've been married for 6 1/2 years, we have two kiddos, who's she's home with full time. She's been rocking the Curves Complete Program and has lost 32lbs since March. I used to take her out for dinner to her favorite places (Olive Garden or Red Lobster) or pick up an ice cream cake for her... but since she's on a strict protein diet and she feels majorly guilty when she goes off of it, what should I do?! Anything I can pick up or get her? I was thinking about some new... ahem... pretty stuff since she's two sizes smaller now, but that's just typical and cliche... any help or suggestions would be great! I'm TERRIBLE at birthday presents. I have a bad history of getting the WRONG thing... :o/

We recently went to a restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and I very much enjoyed a surf & turf (lobster/filet mignon) and a couple cosmo's. I'd suggest asking her or picking out a eatery that has things she can fit in to her diet plan. In the past we usually celebrated at a delicious Italian place nearby, but I didn't want to totally blow my calories and realized my favorite meal would have taken me WAY over the top. There's no reason she can't eat in a restaurant, especially if it's got plenty she can fit in to her food plan.

Oh and arrange for a babysitter sounds like a great idea!

Just to add I'm not big on spa days, that's not a guaranteed 'hit' in my opinion.

Very sweet of you to want to make it special, have fun!
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You take the kids for a day and treat her to a spa day! Since she has worked so hard to lose all that weight it would probably be nice to let her have one day to be pampered .... or let her go shopping for some new clothes maybe? Good luck :drinker:
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Not a lady, but will give you some help anyway.

DON'T TELL YOUR WIFE you asked a bunch of women on the internet for birthday ideas.

You're welcome.
  • fjc1968
    fjc1968 Posts: 26
    Options
    One year my husband bought me an experience day and I got to drive military vehicles and tanks, fire a mortar and did a walk through the woods with a ex SAS officer to spot booby traps. I had the best time ever!!! Maybe something like that if your wife's not the girly type.
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Best gift I ever gave my wife is an account at our local Spa/Hair place. She was horrible about treating herself and would go a LONG time between haircuts or color and never did massage or manicure/pedicure/facials. She didn't want to spend the money on herself. So I went into the Spa and opened an account with a bunch of money on there and told her it is already spent go in there and use their services. She just signs for everything tip and all whenever she goes in and she uses it a lot now. In fact she just took her Mom there for Mothers Day before he Mom's trip to Vegas to get her hair done and just used her account. Of course this is the gift that I have to keep on giving as now I have to fill up the account on a regular basis but she is worth every penny.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Not a lady, but will give you some help anyway.

DON'T TELL YOUR WIFE you asked a bunch of women on the internet for birthday ideas.

You're welcome.

I'm looking for creative birthday ideas... I'm not stupid!... lol
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Full spa packkage for her AND a friend of hers!!
  • fancyfrenzy
    Options
    How about a Photoshoot? With getting hair and make up done. In the end she will end up with wonderful pictures of herself, showing how far she already got.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

yeah it'll go over your head well when she beats you over the head with them.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Best gift I ever gave my wife is an account at our local Spa/Hair place. She was horrible about treating herself and would go a LONG time between haircuts or color and never did massage or manicure/pedicure/facials. She didn't want to spend the money on herself. So I went into the Spa and opened an account with a bunch of money on there and told her it is already spent go in there and use their services. She just signs for everything tip and all whenever she goes in and she uses it a lot now. In fact she just took her Mom there for Mothers Day before he Mom's trip to Vegas to get her hair done and just used her account. Of course this is the gift that I have to keep on giving as now I have to fill up the account on a regular basis but she is worth every penny.

Best idea ever. Wish my hubby would think of this.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Why not take the kids for a full ten hours and let her have a "mama" day? You and the kids can clean the house, hang out, make memories and Mama can do whatever she wants for a rare moment.

Edited to add that I've got three kids and would have LOVED this when my kids were smaller.