• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Lol. It's about 22 calories per ounce, if I remember correctly.

If it was legal and easy to sell I would have done it in a heartbeat when my daughter was an infant.
    It is legal!

Where? (Not that I am going to start pumping at this point.)
    I just Googled and there are tons of place in US and Canada... unless I read it wrong and it's donation based only vs. selling?

Every place I know is donation based. I used to read about some sort of breastmilk black market where it went for $30 an ounce. So I would sit there staring at the bottles as I pumped, imagining the cents/dollars ticking by like the readout on a gas pump.

$30 an ounce? Do you have any idea how many ounces I have in my freezer right now!

I know! When I first started back to work I routinely ended up with 24 oz. extra each day. That would have been $3600 a week.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I know of several dudes who put on a lot of mass by drinking it. An important key for them was to have that be their only source of nutrition for about 6 months or so.

Yep! My three boys each TRIPLED in weight in just 6 months on it. Talk 'bout dem MAD gainz! ;)
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Lol. It's about 22 calories per ounce, if I remember correctly.

If it was legal and easy to sell I would have done it in a heartbeat when my daughter was an infant.
    It is legal!

Where? (Not that I am going to start pumping at this point.)
    I just Googled and there are tons of place in US and Canada... unless I read it wrong and it's donation based only vs. selling?

Every place I know is donation based. I used to read about some sort of breastmilk black market where it went for $30 an ounce. So I would sit there staring at the bottles as I pumped, imagining the cents/dollars ticking by like the readout on a gas pump.

$30 an ounce? Do you have any idea how many ounces I have in my freezer right now!

I know! When I first started back to work I routinely ended up with 24 oz. extra each day. That would have been $3600 a week.

24 extra ounces a day?!? I am so jealous. I feel like I barely produce enough....
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Cripes.... I'm sure semen can build body mass too. <rolls eyes>

and chock full of protein :huh: :+1:

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I wonder how vegans feel about human cheese. http://www.miriamsimun.com/human-cheese/
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    www.onlythebreast.com It generally goes for about $1.50-$3 per ounce. You can have it shipped to you, but also keep in mind that diseases can be contracted from breast milk..
  • SnailyPie
    SnailyPie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I know of several dudes who put on a lot of mass by drinking it. An important key for them was to have that be their only source of nutrition for about 6 months or so.

Hahaha! A "friend" of mine tripled her mass in 6 months on breast milk exclusively!!