two family members on one fitness pal.

Is there a way that I can add another family member to my fitnesspal so that I can track that person for both of us

Replies

• PurdueGuy2001
    PurdueGuy2001 Posts: 22 Member
    Not that I know of, other than signing in and out of the app.
    You could use the app to record one person, and the website to record the other.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    The app and website sync with one another. You would need 2 different accounts
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    The app and website sync with one another. You would need 2 different accounts

with 2 different email addresses.

If the other person is an adult, which they need to be to join this site, they should be doing the logging for themselves
  • thefirstkgb
    thefirstkgb Posts: 1 Member
    It would be nice to have a family account with profiles that can share recipes or meals. It takes a bit to make a recipe and it would be great if family members could share those so each person does not have to put it all together also.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    It would be nice to have a family account with profiles that can share recipes or meals. It takes a bit to make a recipe and it would be great if family members could share those so each person does not have to put it all together also.
    You can copy Meals between friends; so you can log your recipe to one of your Meals, then your friend can copy the meal to his/her Food Diary.

User1 creates a Recipe and logs it to a Meal.
    User2 opens User1's Diary (shared with public, friends only, or locked with a key)
    User2 clicks Quick Tools and copies User1's Meal to his/her Diary.

From the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/304780-can-i-share-recipes-with-other-users-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/11478-can-i-copy-meals-from-my-friends-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/201687-how-do-i-make-my-diary-visible-to-other-users-
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    I'm so confused right now. Why can't that person track for him/herself? Are you sneak tracking? Do you not have more than one device?

I have so many questions!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Is there a way that I can add another family member to my fitnesspal so that I can track that person for both of us

No good could come of this. Can't you just see the fights this would cause?

"Are you really going to eat that? I know you're already over your calorie goal for the day. You shouldn't have had those Peeps for dessert at lunch."
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    I'm so confused right now. Why can't that person track for him/herself? Are you sneak tracking? Do you not have more than one device?

I have so many questions!

There are some users that may be caregivers to other adults, such as elderly parents that can not perform their own logging.
  • I would like to able to track family members Let me explain: I lift weights 4-6 times a week do cardio 2-3 times a week, I weigh 290lbs. My goal is to maintain my weight training progress in the gym and protein intake while reducing calories in order to slim some fat. My wife, works full time ICU Nurse and is a Navy Reserves Lt. Commander. She doesn't workout couple times a month due to her working all the time, bad back, and she never really was the working out type. So in order to save my sanity I am taking it upon myself to prepare all of our meals.
    I understand fitnesspal wants to make more money by making sure every account has premium, but maybe include an option to add additional profiles?
  • melis_pink
    melis_pink Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 10
    I was also looking for this feature. I’m tracking my macros for my personal fitness goals; however, it would be nice to track my husband as well. He is waiting for a liver transplant, and it’s important to know where he is at nutrition-wise (protein intake, sodium, potassium, iron). In his case, It makes more sense for me to track it, than him. Obviously, I can do this elsewhere. I’m just already familiar with MyFitnessPal and a lot (not all) of our “meals” would be the same.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    melis_pink wrote: »
    I was also looking for this feature. I’m tracking my macros for my personal fitness goals; however, it would be nice to track my husband as well. He is waiting for a liver transplant, and it’s important to know where he is at nutrition-wise (protein intake, sodium, potassium, iron). In his case, It makes more sense for me to track it, than him. Obviously, I can do this elsewhere. I’m just already familiar with MyFitnessPal and a lot (not all) of our “meals” would be the same.

The thread you're replying to is super old. Probably most of those people aren't here anymore.

I understand what you're looking for. MFP doesn't currently offer such a plan, as far as I know. There are some ways partners can share meal data, so it can perhaps be viable for one partner to have premium MFP and the other to have free MFP (since free will do most of the basic functions).

If you'd like MFP to offer some kind of family plan for premium, the place to suggest that would be here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/feature-suggestions-and-ideas

MFP staff don't read every post everywhere in the Community. There are too many posts; it would be impossible. In most of the Community, therefore, you're just talking to other MFP-ers with no more power or influence than you have.

If you post a feature suggestion at the link above, others can vote to support it, and the MFP staff will read it, plus often respond. Usually, even widely-desired features take some time to get into MFP . . . maybe lots of time, realistically.

In the short run, I'm thinking there may be work-arounds that would let you do what you're seeking, but I'm not the one to explain how (because I'm a solo MFP user).

Best wishes!