My co-workers are trying to sabotage me

Options
Thomasm198
Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
It's been lovely weather here for the last few days. This evening some of my co-workers bought ice cream cones. Now everybody in work knows that I'm counting my calories but they still went ahead and offered me one of those delicious ice cream cones anyway. :angry:

I didn't want to be rude, so I accepted it and went back to my office. :embarassed:

My dilemma is:
(a) should I eat this sweet, delicious, tasty, cold, creamy, snack (before it melts)? Or,
(b) should I throw the ice cream cone away; storm back to the kitchen, and tell them to quit trying to derail my efforts to improve myself?

Replies

• littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    or c) pass the ice cream cone onto someone else, and sabotage them instead. :devil:
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Eat it. :love:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    One ice cream cone does not a fatty make, yoda says.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Eat it then berate the co-workers for sabotaging you!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    You could also eat it. That's what I'd do.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    or c) pass the ice cream cone onto someone else, and sabotage them instead. :devil:
    But what if that person is counting calories? How could I be so mean to somebody else?
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'd give it to someone else. I like to save my treats for something I really want, not just something that was placed in front of me. But if you really want it, eat it and work it into your calories for the day. You can't blame anyone for 'sabotaging' you, only you can do that to yourself.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to learn the words, "No, thank you." They are magic words.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it in privacy, if no one sees you eat it, it doesn't count :laugh:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    d) take personal responsibility for what you eat?

Eat it, log it, devise a workout to balance your calories at the end of the day. I worked my *kitten* off at the gym and just pre-logged 1 cup of chocolate ice cream for an evening snack.
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would eat some of it and then throw the rest out.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    But what if that person is counting calories? How could I be so mean to somebody else?
    "And sabotage them instead."

Me thinks that is the point. :drinker:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    FroYo is less calories, that's what I do.

My brother manages a Baskin Robbins and he gets ice cream and brings it home some night - Dad gets regular, my mom gets sugar free because she's diabetic, and I go for the soft serve yogurt.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Unless they were shoving it down your gullet I assume they are not actually trying to sabotage you lol.

Just eat it, you accepted it and why not. It's a nice treat that you are having today, not everyday.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Eat it, log it, devise a workout to balance your calories at the end of the day. I worked my *kitten* off at the gym and just pre-logged 1 cup of chocolate ice cream for an evening snack.

Haha, I loooove pre-logging treats. It really gives me incentive to make sure I get a good workout in beforehand.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options

This. I'm counting calories, and I'm having chocolate fudge brownie ice cream tonight.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    You probably just eat like 4 of them now...after all..u had one and your day is now completely ruined..
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Burn the place down.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    (e) work off the calories by eating the ice cream off someone you desires body- thus melted ice cream has less calories because its a liquid not a solid. true fact learned it in bro science class, even though I was mildly distracted by the sexy bros lol.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's what co-workers are for. I came to work this morning and right by the timeclock was a huge bowl full of fun size candy bars. My favorite almond joys right on top. Somebody told me that it is alright to eat one because they are fun size. Thats ok until that one turns into 4 or 5 of them. It has taken all the will power I have to walk away and than my department asks if I want to order pizza with them for lunch. Thank heavens I had already eatent the lunch I packed. Just say "No Thanks" and walk away. You can eat the ice cream if you can fit it into your diary for the day. The choice is all yours. Good luck.