Recruiting new members, all welcome (PSB week 11)

Options
Eleven weeks ago NewMe80xoxo started a support group for others with similar goals. The original thread asked if anyone else needed to lose 80-90 pounds and would like to join a support group to help hold each other accountable. We had an amazing turn out and tons of participation.

One of the original members, tinabosquez, came up with a name for the group that stuck, "Plus Size Barbies." (PSB) :laugh:
Do you want to know when I came up with the name Plus Size Barbie? I was about 16 years old, and this boy said I was pretty but a little chubby, so I told him "don't hate me because I am a Plus Size Barbie!" Every since then, I have always said it as a joke to people. Since all my friends are Fluffy, we all use it.

NewMe is on vacation this week and a new PSB thread was not posted Sunday night as usual. I'm posting this one a late in the week to make sure everyone involved knows WE DIDN'T DISAPPEAR! Better late than never, right? :blushing:

Also, to invite absolutely anyone that would like to join in to feel free to participate. I will be harassing those of you I haven't seen in a while to get you butts back in here, we miss you!

A little info for anyone that hasn't seen our past threads: We usually weigh in once a week and post that info and have at least one weekly challenge. Below is the original post with our starting format.
Week 1: 03/29/10 - 04/04/10

Challenge: This week challenge is going to be a little different since it is our first week.
Things to get done sometime this week...
1. Introduction (Introduce yourself, tells us why you joined the group, what you hope to get out of it, tell us about what you do on your weight loss plan)
2. Set Goals (Let us know what your weight loss goals are)
3. Things you wanna change (Let us know what are the things you wanna change about yourself, can be personal and weight loss related)
4. Take Before Pictures (Take pictures hopefully you will take this this Monday, post them on your profile)
5. Get starting sizes (What size clothes do you wear now, and I mean wear comfortable..I'm going to go to walmart and try on some clothes and probably get my before pics there in the dressing room)
***THIS WEEKS DAILY CHALLENGE: Find and post one positive thing about yourself (Things you like about yourself, or even if someone says something good about you)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weigh In: This is where I will post what your weigh in post should look like!
Highest Weight: (your highest weight you started losing weight at)
Goal Weight: (your ultimate goal weight)
P.S.B Starting Weight: (your starting weight for Plus Size Barbies, as of 03/29/10)
Week 1 Goal: (your goal weight for week 1, weigh in date will be this coming up fri, sat, sun)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to welcome all members, new and old, and am looking forward to continuing this journey with all of you. :happy:

Replies

• onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    What do I do???? Where do I go..there are NO posts here.lol
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I would like to join!
    I guess I will start with the introduction. I joind MFP in March because I needed somewhere to log my food so I would be held accountable. I love all the support everyone offers. I am hoping by joining this group it will also help keep my accountable. I have been watching what I eat and looking at portion size. I have tried to cut out all soda and workout more. I was doing none so any is better then nothing right now.
    My goal is to lose 100lbs in one year. That will make me a healthy sexy size by the time I am in my little sisters wedding. Mini goal is to lose about 5lbs(hopefully more) a month.
    Things I want to change is to lose this belly. Tone up my legs. Not crave food all the time. Be able to run a 5k in 30 minutes.
    I am wearing a size 22 comfortably but can wear some size 20's. I am in a 2x top.

Heighest Weight : 300lbs
    Goal Weight :160lbs
    PSB Starting Weight: 267.3
    Week 1 Goal : 265
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    What do I do???? Where do I go..there are NO posts here.lol

Lol onyx. That just means your the first to respond. Why don't you introduce yourself and say hello? :laugh:

I'm sure the others will be posting shortly.
  • Yurippe
    Options
    I would like to join!
    I guess I will start with the introduction. I joind MFP in March because I needed somewhere to log my food so I would be held accountable. I love all the support everyone offers. I am hoping by joining this group it will also help keep my accountable. I have been watching what I eat and looking at portion size. I have tried to cut out all soda and workout more. I was doing none so any is better then nothing right now.
    My goal is to lose 100lbs in one year. That will make me a healthy sexy size by the time I am in my little sisters wedding. Mini goal is to lose about 5lbs(hopefully more) a month.
    Things I want to change is to lose this belly. Tone up my legs. Not crave food all the time. Be able to run a 5k in 30 minutes.
    I am wearing a size 22 comfortably but can wear some size 20's. I am in a 2x top.

Welcome shawnae2!

We have very similar goals. My plan is also to average 5 pounds a month until I get to my goal. At that rate I'll make it to my goal weight in Sept 2011. Been dropping weight quick in my first 3 months, but i expect that I'll hit a plateau any day now and that the weight will start coming off slower the smaller I get.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I am one of the orginial members. I will do a better getting to know you once I get back from the gym. I gave myself the challenge this week of 3500 calories burned. Actually my trainer gave that to me because she follows me on facebook and is keeping track of my updates so will kick my butt if I don't make it.

Weigh In: 204
    Starting Weight: 226
    Week 1: goal - 224 Actual - 224
    Week 2: goal - 222 - Actual 222
    Week 3: goal - 220 Actual - 219.5
    Week 4: goal - 217 Actual 217
    Week 5: goal – 215 Actual 216
    Week 6: goal - 214 Actual 214
    Week 7: goal - 211 Actual 211
    Week 8:goal - 208 Actual 206
    Week 9:goal - 206 Actual 206
    Week 10: goal - 203 Actual 204
    # lbs LOST: 22
    # lbs TO GO: 64 lbs to go
    Week 11: goal 200
  • onyxlibra7
    Options
    Okay. So my name is Onyx and this is my story. I'm FAT. BottomLine. No if and's or but's about it. Now I'm STILL CUTE. I'm divorced and with child.lol 2yrs old to be exact. My pregnancy, my marriage, and my divorce as well as depression have bought me here today. So I say hello. I don't do the whole list goals and things guys cuz I hate listing this but I will say it. My starting weight with MFP was 294.6lb I am at 284...actually I haven't weighed myself in a week and a half bc I decided I'm going to wait till the 30th of June. Now if you guys INSIST on it then I will.lol I lost the 10lbs u see on my ticker in 2 weeks so I'm pretty excited about my weigh in. My ultimate goal weight is at 135lbs so as u can see I have ALOT MORE THAN 60-90LBS to lose but I'm not trippin'. I can and will do this. Thank God I found this site bc it has been such a motivating factor for me. Or I should say u guys have. I have mini goals. My first one is set for June 30 2010...N that's to be 274lbs. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS! My reward for reaching my goal will be getting my hair done which I haven't done in forever! I've decided that even if I don't reach this on the day of...once I do reach it I will still reward myself...doesn't matter when u cross the finish line as long as u finish the damn thing right!? RIGHT! I look forward to meeting you guys and having lotsa fun in the process of this life change. PLUS SIZE BARBIES BABY!!! =)
  • onyxlibra7
    Options
    OH!!! I forgot my size...Soooo....Idk know it because all I wear is workout clothes. =( But that's okay bc when u dress the part u play the part! lol
  • Yurippe
    Options
    :laugh: LMAO, love you onyx. Glad the initial crickets didn't scare you away.

Thanks to rostrum for reminding me to post my weigh in.

Weigh in:
    PSB Starting weight: 252.6
    Week 1 goal: 251.1 Actual: 250.7 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 2 goal: 249.2 Actual: 248.2 (goal -1.5, actual -2.5)
    Week 3 goal: 246.7 Actual: 246.9 (goal -1.5, actual -1.3)
    Week 4 goal: 245.2 Actual: 245.2 (goal -1.7, actual -1.7)
    Week 5 goal: 243.7 Actual: 243.3 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 6 goal: 242.2 Actual: 241.4 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 7 goal: 239.9 Actual: 238.5 (goal -1.5, actual -2.9)
    Week 8 goal: 237.0 Actual: 236.6 (goal -1.5, actual -1.9)
    Week 9 goal: 235.1 Actual: 234.1 (goal -1.5, actual -2.5)
    Week10 goal: 232.6 Actual: 231.9 (goal -1.5, actual -2.2)
    # lbs lost: 20.7
    # lbs to go: 61.9
    Week 11 goal: 230.4 (-1.5)

Onyx, you can weigh yourself once a month or 5 times a day. That's all up to you!

I'm not going to insist on anyone being required to abide by any rules (except maybe the golden rule: treat others the way you want to be treated).

Drop in whenever you want, for whatever reason. If you want to post your weight or need advise, go for it. If you just want to come in to say hi or crack jokes that works for me too. As long as this stays a positive supportive environment, it's all good.
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi! *waves*

I originally joined when the PSB started, and then I breifly fell off the bandwagon. I jumped back on quickly, but forgot to start checking back in. Tomorrow is my weigh day, I'll post back with my 11th week's progress!
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    I am here~ lol
  • onyxlibra7
    Options
    No I'm so here! But ? is WHERE is EVERYONE else? I'm guessing they're working out which is a good thing! BTW..this site needs a chat. I'm just sayin'. *shrugs* 0_0
  • onyxlibra7
    Options
    Hi Tina!!! =)
  • Yurippe
    Options
    I am here~ lol

Welcome back Tina! Where you been hiding? You slacker. :tongue:

Missed you girl. :laugh:
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I would like to join!

Welcome shawnae2!

We have very similar goals. My plan is also to average 5 pounds a month until I get to my goal. At that rate I'll make it to my goal weight in Sept 2011. Been dropping weight quick in my first 3 months, but i expect that I'll hit a plateau any day now and that the weight will start coming off slower the smaller I get.

I actually started on my weight loss goal back in November and I dropped weight like crazy!! But as the holidays rolled around I fell off the bandwagon. I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs for two months now so I am back to getting serious and working this but out. I want to look GORGEOUS at my sisters wedding!! LOL!! Plus 5 pounds a month is nothing if I work hard and keep at it!!
  • Yurippe
    Options
    I actually started on my weight loss goal back in November and I dropped weight like crazy!! But as the holidays rolled around I fell off the bandwagon. I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs for two months now so I am back to getting serious and working this but out. I want to look GORGEOUS at my sisters wedding!! LOL!! Plus 5 pounds a month is nothing if I work hard and keep at it!!

Ouch, November is a rough time to get started with the holidays coming up. At least you got back on the wagon fast. My "break" lasted from April '09 until March '10. Better late than never...
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi all, thought I would join too, though typically I am horrid at following through with groups because I forget, and because I am not one to talk much about myself. I'll try to keep up though!

I have more than 80 pounds to still lose, actually would like to lose about 90 more- yes, I really have THAT much more to lose. It's disgusting to me. But I try to think about what I have lost already and not get too discouraged.

I am married with 2 awesome boys, 1 is 11 and lives with us, and 1 is 18 and lives on his own right now- he is traveling the US "seeing what's out there". We have a wonderful German Shepherd, and thanks to him, my family and I have become much more active in the past several months. My husband and I own our own business, he works at the business and I do the "office work" from home, and home school our son.

June 13 will actually be my 1 month mark on a totally raw food "diet", and will also be my 5 month mark from when I started this weight loss journey. In the 5 months I have lost a total of 76 pounds (though today I am currently up two, and hoping to be back down by my weigh in on Sunday, or I will have to change my ticker- ugh) 20 pounds of that was just in the last month since switching to raw.
    I know there is a difference in how I look, but when I look in the mirror I still see the 300plus me. I take pictures to look at so I can prove I am getting smaller to myself. I figure maybe another 50 pounds and I will start to see it for myself.

So, more than enough about me- here is my info:

Clothing size- started out in Jan. as a 4x top, or tight 3x, and a 28 pant, and am currently in a 1x top, and 18 pant very comfortably- well, fit wise.

Weigh In: 245 today.
    Highest Weight: Highest weight ever- 348, Weight starting MFP in January- 319
    Goal Weight: 150-160, honestly have no idea what my final weight should be- it's been a long time since I was a "normal" weight.
    P.S.B Starting Weight: 245
    Week 1 Goal: 243

:flowerforyou:
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm here too! My weigh in is tomorrow and I will update you guys then.

Hope everyone had a good week.
  • onyxlibra7
    Options
    I have TOTALLY been thinking about going RAW! (get ur minds outta the gutter!) lol But seriously! You have ne good recipes..I still have to get a food processor but I'm really interested. How is the lifestyle going for you?
  • onyxlibra7
    Options
    Hi all, thought I would join too, though typically I am horrid at following through with groups because I forget, and because I am not one to talk much about myself. I'll try to keep up though!

I have more than 80 pounds to still lose, actually would like to lose about 90 more- yes, I really have THAT much more to lose. It's disgusting to me. But I try to think about what I have lost already and not get too discouraged.

I am married with 2 boys, 1 is 11 and lives with us, and 1 is 18 and lives on his own right now- he is traveling the US "seeing what's out there". We have a wonderful German Shepherd, and thanks to him, my family and I have become much more active in the past several months. My husband and I own our own business, he works at the business and I do the "office work" from home, and home school our son.

June 13 will actually be my 1 month mark on a totally raw food "diet", and will also be my 5 month mark from when I started this weight loss journey. In the 5 months I have lost a total of 76 pounds (though today I am currently up two, and hoping to be back down by my weigh in on Sunday, or I will have to change my ticker- ugh) 20 pounds of that was just in the last month since switching to raw.
    I know there is a difference in how I look, but when I look in the mirror I still see the 300plus me. I take pictures to look at so I can prove I am getting smaller to myself. I figure maybe another 50 pounds and I will start to see it for myself.

So, more than enough about me- here is my info:

Clothing size- started out in Jan. as a 4x top, or tight 3x, and a 28 pant, and am currently in a 1x top, and 18 pant very comfortably- well, fit wise.

Weigh In: 245 today.
    Highest Weight: Highest weight ever- 348, Weight starting MFP in January- 319
    Goal Weight: 150-160, honestly have no idea what my final weight should be- it's been a long time since I was a "normal" weight.
    P.S.B Starting Weight: 245
    Week 1 Goal: 243

:flowerforyou:

I have TOTALLY been thinking about going RAW! (get ur minds outta the gutter!) lol But seriously! You have ne good recipes..I still have to get a food processor but I'm really interested. How is the lifestyle going for you?
  • Yurippe
    Options

Don't worry gnme. You were my very first MFP friend. I won't forget you, or to remind you to get your butt back in here! You are doing an amazing job so you sure as hell shouldn't feel gross about yourself. Weight loss takes time when you do it the right way. The weight will be gone for good cause you are commited to a healthy lifestyle for you and you family.