Cauliflower Tots: Better than expected!

Options
13»

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I want the flatbread recipe too!

I *LOVE* cauliflower. I can seriously eat 2# of it in one sitting....so I love all the new cauliflower replacement ideas.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For anyonelooking for flatbread recipe,looks like the " bread" is the same as a pizza or cheese sticks recipe patted in a square.Onion & mushrooms cooked in a skillet,used as a topping,seasoned & baked.
    A llot of cauliflower recipes use a lot of cheese,so I need to figure calories before eating...like all recipes.
  • kkpal
    kkpal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Skeptical, made yesterday and loved it. I don't know what this taste like when cold
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    royaldrea wrote: »
    I legitimately love cauliflower so I want to try these, thanks. I can't wrap my head around the cauliflower pizza as a pizza substitute, but the flat bread with onions and mushrooms sounds amazing (recipe please @TheRoadDog)!

I love cauliflower. We really enjoy the pizza. And the flatbread sounds delish!

- Cut up and put a Head of Cauliflower through a food processor.
    - Steam in microwave about 4 minutes. Let cool, then put in towel and squeeze all the moisture out.
    - In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs with about a 1/4 cup of pancake mix and a little water.
    - Add cauliflower, 1/2 cup of goat cheese (or parmesan), pinch of oregano, red pepper flakes to taste.
    - Mix well and put in fridge.

- Slice mushorooms and sautee in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan.
    - Slice 3 red onions and sautee in olive oil, butter and pinch of salt. Low heat and cook until carmelized (at least 30 minutes)

Preheat a cast iron pan in oven at about 400 degrees.
    Once hot, spread cauliflower mixture in pan with a fork. Brush with olive oil and cook about 15 minutes.
    Spread carmelized onions on Baked Cauliflower mixture, then the mushrooms on top of that.

You can leave the pancake mixture out, but you won't get the same texture. It's still good, though, just crumbly.

My sister in law is visiting this weekend. Her and my wife will be Wine Tasting at home while I make Tapas for them.

Menu will include the above plus:
    -Avocado and Shrimp Soup
    -Stuffed Mushrooms
    -Egg Rolls

Haven't figured out the dessert dish yet.

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    royaldrea wrote: »
    I legitimately love cauliflower so I want to try these, thanks. I can't wrap my head around the cauliflower pizza as a pizza substitute, but the flat bread with onions and mushrooms sounds amazing (recipe please @TheRoadDog)!

I love cauliflower. We really enjoy the pizza. And the flatbread sounds delish!

- Cut up and put a Head of Cauliflower through a food processor.
    - Steam in microwave about 4 minutes. Let cool, then put in towel and squeeze all the moisture out.
    - In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs with about a 1/4 cup of pancake mix and a little water.
    - Add cauliflower, 1/2 cup of goat cheese (or parmesan), pinch of oregano, red pepper flakes to taste.
    - Mix well and put in fridge.

- Slice mushorooms and sautee in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan.
    - Slice 3 red onions and sautee in olive oil, butter and pinch of salt. Low heat and cook until carmelized (at least 30 minutes)

Preheat a cast iron pan in oven at about 400 degrees.
    Once hot, spread cauliflower mixture in pan with a fork. Brush with olive oil and cook about 15 minutes.
    Spread carmelized onions on Baked Cauliflower mixture, then the mushrooms on top of that.

You can leave the pancake mixture out, but you won't get the same texture. It's still good, though, just crumbly.

My sister in law is visiting this weekend. Her and my wife will be Wine Tasting at home while I make Tapas for them.

Menu will include the above plus:
    -Avocado and Shrimp Soup
    -Stuffed Mushrooms
    -Egg Rolls

Haven't figured out the dessert dish yet.

THANK YOU