30-Day Cold Shower Challenge

Options

Replies

• Virgiree21
    Virgiree21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    verymissk wrote: »
    Seems legit.

Clearly. It's all about the science. Duh.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Even if it worked.....I HATE cold showers. Count me out, sorry.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like warmth and comfort.
  • Virgiree21
    Options
    DebzNuDa wrote: »
    Even if it worked.....I HATE cold showers. Count me out, sorry.

Who likes cold showers? That's why it's a challenge! :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Theoretically, to preserve my wild hair coloring choices of the past 10 years, I should have been washing with cold water.

I've lived with my color fading.

I do have chronic pain and have had it for quite some time. My morning HOT shower is one of the best parts of my day and one of the best tools in my arsenal against pain relief. I will never give it up.

• Virgiree21
    Options
    punkuate wrote: »
    I agree. I barely like getting in the pool if its unheated.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    You could call this the "third world" challenge.

I hate cold showers, even in the tropics. Nope!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    In for the toxin flushing.

Let me just grab my Bingo card....
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I.....no.

No no no.

Even if it works, which I doubt.

Still no.

And still no.

Cold showers are only good for one thing........

And there is no need to take them unless you really want to.

OP, a calorie deficit 100% trumps cold showers or any other fad or myth out there. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Out. Nothing ruins my day like a cold shower. Anyone in my family who uses all of the hot water before I take a shower will feel my unbridled wrath.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Ive actually done this and its honestly not bad, and I really did feel pretty great all day. Its just the adrenaline rush though, im not sure about any actual health benefits. But my hair never looked better tbh.

Yeah, cold rinses are supposed to get rid of waxy buildup from conditioners, etc. The few times I've tried it (practically doing a backbend so the cold water would hit my head and nothing else) I did notice my hair was shinier.

When I was a kid, I used to rinse my hair with cold water after a shampoo. Definitely did shine! However, this cold rinse was with my head under the sink not in the shower.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Otterluv wrote: »
    Seems legit.

Don't even get me started on how crazy thin all the Canadians are, it's so cold that they just eat butter all day and never exercise. They certainly never run in the snow and count calories.

Well it is a little hard to run when your sidewalks looks like this (and streets aren't much better)

IMG_1451.jpg

We are experiencing one of the worse winters for snow fall in recent memory. It just keeps adding up. We haven't had the freeze/thaw cycle we've had the last few years where we get a big snow fall and then it melts. We got over 20cm (about 8 inches) on Sunday and over 84cm (about 33 inches) on Wednesday.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    The faaaa?

No way in hell would I do this. Only time I EVER take a cold shower is in the summer after a hot run!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr. :'(
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    angf0679 wrote: »
    Otterluv wrote: »
    Seems legit.

Don't even get me started on how crazy thin all the Canadians are, it's so cold that they just eat butter all day and never exercise. They certainly never run in the snow and count calories.

Well it is a little hard to run when your sidewalks looks like this (and streets aren't much better)

IMG_1451.jpg

We are experiencing one of the worse winters for snow fall in recent memory. It just keeps adding up. We haven't had the freeze/thaw cycle we've had the last few years where we get a big snow fall and then it melts. We got over 20cm (about 8 inches) on Sunday and over 84cm (about 33 inches) on Wednesday.
    BAH, poor you :s

Edmonton here, green grass. We've had an insanely warm winter!

• punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Virgiree21 wrote: »
    Then why torture yourself? No one likes poking themselves in the eye with a pen but we're not going to do it because it would be a challenge.
  • Virgiree21
    Options
    Virgiree21 wrote: »
    Then why torture yourself? No one likes poking themselves in the eye with a pen but we're not going to do it because it would be a challenge.

Haha. because I'm curious about the benefits. I read a lot of articles about the benefits so why not? Plus I know my body's going to get use to it so in the end that cold pool won't be so bad after all. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahaaaaa

Awaits weight loss through self-flagellation thread
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think I'll skip this one and wait for the 'weight loss by wearing all your clothes in one go to sweat it out challenge'. I do not like the cold....and I live in Ireland so basically my whole life is a 'its freezing' challenge!!
  • Virgiree21
    Options
    Yeah I think I'll skip this one and wait for the 'weight loss by wearing all your clothes in one go to sweat it out challenge'. I do not like the cold....and I live in Ireland so basically my whole life is a 'its freezing' challenge!!

Lol! That's very unfortunate. I'm more for the other benefits rather than the weight loss part. Even if it did work.. 9lbs a year? Really?
  • sophzhr
    sophzhr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Haha whilst this challenge sounds fun/horrifying, I will not be partaking in it. Primarily because I live in a house where hot water is a thing of the gods, and if it is there, IT MUST BE USED. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. I'm dead serious :neutral_face: The heating system in my home doesn't work either, so I'm more than happy believing that my metabolism has been revved up PLENTY by living daily in an ice-box. No cold showers here thanks.
    On a funny note, when I do have to take a cold shower, it's with an unholy amount of swearing. I literally just curse at it the entire time, hopping around with a purplish face. It must look absolutely hilarious. :smiley: